800k for Fred

1 hour ago, Rebowl Yell said:

If anybody from any other club is reading this no we don’t want him he’s useless in the air, can’t tackle and is about as mobile as the Elephant Man in flippers. He’s not worth investing in, you may as well move on I hear Leeds have a decent centre half in Cooper. Off you go now...

...OK good they’ve gone, sign him up Jos!

I think thats Van Aken your describing.

If the fee is accurate, that is an excellent deal for a player of his age, with as many first team games under his belt and experience of the Championship. 

Once we put him on a long term contract, would at least double his market value, similarly with Joey, if the reported £400k fee we paid for him is accurate. Considering some of the money we have wasted in the last two seasons, we seem to be doing much better business.

1 hour ago, Junk Smuggler said:

Sensible price and the fact he’s already bedded in at the club means it’s a big yes from me. Still think we need a further CB to replace Loovens and someone who is a big unit and dominant in the air as well. 

If if the first 2 signings from Jos turn out to be Pelupessy and Venancio for £1.2 million then that’s shrewd business right there. Shame we weren’t this savvy 2 years ago.

Really sad isn't it?

Yes, neither have set the world on fire (yet), but both have proven themselves to improve our matchday 18 and have been consistently decent, with seemingly good attitudes. Just imagine if we'd have been this smart with our money since Hull, as opposed to spending the... what... £12m(?) in transfer fees and god knows how many in wasted loan fees and wages on the likes of McGeady, Buckley et al... 

What good recruitment could have done with our budget eh... 

1 hour ago, Blatter said:

Careful Owlstalkers.

A word of caution. This is a story dreamed up by Dom Howson of the Star quoting sources 'close to' his parent club.

It truly is the silly season, players all on the beach, the  English transfer window, let alone the European one is not yet open. 

Hard news is difficult to come by. £800,000 sounds too good to be true for their captain.

How right you may be. Offer £350K and no more.:rolleyes:

Guest Arcadianrocket

Would have no concerns if we star the season with Fred Pudil and Lees as the three center backs.

1 hour ago, steelcityowlsfan said:

That would be a very good deal considering our financial restrictions.

I reckon Ben Marshall would cost about the same. We could fill 2 much needed positions for less than 1.5 million. That would be very shrewd business indeed.

Please specify what our Financial restrictions are in hard cash terms ? All to easy to give 'A generic sailing close to the FFP wind' ?

Ben 10 I believe has suffered a serious knee ligament injury ? any light on this one.

Edited by nevthelodgemoorowl

3 hours ago, Blatter said:

Careful Owlstalkers.

A word of caution. This is a story dreamed up by Dom Howson of the Star quoting sources 'close to' his parent club.

It truly is the silly season, players all on the beach, the  English transfer window, let alone the European one is not yet open. 

Hard news is difficult to come by. £800,000 sounds too good to be true for their captain.

This last bit occurred to me an' all, but it might be that his captain/talisman role there actually helps us in our case - you can't have a captain who clearly wants to be elsewhere, but then again it's hard to demote a captain but also keep him on the books. Got 'em over a barrel IMO.

Guest Jack the Hat
4 hours ago, Spencerowl said:

What your all forgetting is that the club are being completely stiched up in this deal

by having to pay the monthly repayments on the Kia. 

I’ve heard (ITK) that that cost can be as high as £150 per month, he took the one with sat nav and parking sensors also... completely taking the Micheal 

But do we own it after the 5 years or are we gonna be hit with a final one off payment which could put us the wrong side of FFP?

5 hours ago, joelswfc said:

No brainer. Only problem could be if other clubs come in, but you’d have thought Fred would rather come to us than any other English club.

Hope we get it done as soon as possible.

They’re only going to come in for him if his name is branded about

This could give us all an early indication of the state of the clubs finances and whether all the, we are going to build a young squad of championship quality players is real or just a sound bite.

For me we spent £4m on Van Aken and we can get Fredi for £800k - I would already be writing the cheque and negotiating a contract with him before any other team comes in for him. If we get this done straight away, things are changing if we sit back and wait weeks then it will show to me nothing has chance in the club - I hope we get this sorted asap or it is going to be a very long and frustrating summer with the same management of the club as we have had in the past that is simply not good enough.

DC get your cheque book out and get this one sort this week. Then we can focus on other areas of the team as the center backs we be more than strong enough and depth with the kids coming through.