Marks out of 10 for Jos Lahukay so far?

I think probably a 3 or 4 but I'd rate the players less than that and they have to take as much responsibility. There were some positives in the first week or two or two of his appointment in that we appeared to shore ourselves up at the back and were able to introduce some youth into the side. Since then we haven't kicked on though and the transition from having a side a bit more solid to then shifting to a more offensive unit is failing. 

Under Carlos my view is that the players were on easy street and when things were going well this was fine. Bringing in a more disciplined manager with strict rules is a good thing but are the players adapting and accepting their new responsibilities? Maybe not and the culture shock to the playing staff is starting to show. Jos has credentials and you don't get 3 different clubs to the Bundesliga if you're a mug.

The timing of his appointment was the concern to me as Carlos should have gone in the Summer. Bringing in Jos at the start of January was fine if you're then going to back him fully in the transfer market (knowing the injury crisis) which Chansiri didn't. Jos came out and said he identified a number of players and that unfortunately they couldn't finalise the deals - why I wonder?!

I feel sorry for Jos in away because like I said the other day it feels like he's been put in charge of the Titanic once it's already hit the iceberg and told to keep the ship afloat. At least the likes of Sunderland, Burton, Hull, Birmingham, Barnsley and Reading appear to be in similar trouble.

Been dealt a very poor hand, but when that happens you need a Colin, a Meggo, an Evo etc.

Most of them are abrasive characters and generally disliked.

Jos isn't the right man for these parlous circumstances.

I have to agree with what others have said.

If he stays we'll go down.

I’m down to a 4 now.

Seems to be losing control of the situation, leading to weird decisions game after game.

This games weird decisions were to leave João on the bench, refuse to make another change (again), and pair Butterfield and Jones together again.

Beating Bolton would maintain a 4. Drawing would knock him to a 3, losing would put him at a 1 and I’ll be calling for him to go

8 hours ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

I'd give him 4.

positives-

Played a few youngsters

regained a bit of pride in the derby

negatives-

Results are awful

Football is deteriorating week by week

strange team selections

his team selection is baffling. 

His substitutions are woeful. 

He keeps picking Jones & Butterfield. 

We’re 2-1 down to a terrible Ipswich team with 15 minutes to go. Does he make a sub? No! Does he change our set up? No! We have 2 holding midfielders, 3 centre halfs and a totally inept pair of wing backs. 

8 hours ago, KivoOwl said:

He is currently trying to keep an unfit League 1 squad in the Championship.

Don't really agree. When you look at the side we played last night it was better than a league one team. Most of those players have played at championship level or higher for most of their careers. 

What we have is a bottom half championship side in my view. That's why I don't blame jos entirely but he he should be doing better than what he's doing right now.

3 minutes ago, A12owl said:

Is the reason that he has played the youngsters that none of the "oldsters" were available for one reason or another.

(Injury,contract,bonus payments, or wherever other reason you can think of)

could well be, who knows.Sgall I downgrade to a 1? lol

He’s been left an absolute shambles by the previous manager, and at first when he came in he made us solid - you could see what he was trying to do.

However since Derby his decisions, selections, changes etc have been a joke. Last night even at 1-0 it was crying out to be freshened up. Yet he didn’t make another change, baffling. I now have no idea what he’s trying to achieve. The rotation of players is not conducive to winning games, and it’s become almost as if he doesn’t know how precarious our position is!

Id rate him 2/10, and backed him until last night, but that selection, structure, changes was enough for me to turn. I genuinely think we could go down now. Lose Saturday and the trigger has to be pulled even for just a knee jerk couple of results.

Edited by boxing_day

id give him 3 . that's just for purely giving young players a chance . he has took on an almost impossible job though, I don't know why for last 2-3 weeks he has changed his tactics ,we have no where near enough going forward ,it might have been better to just try to keep grinding 0-0s out until we (if we ever get players back fit. I wouldn't be bothered if he left though. until chansiri stops taking advise off of fools we are on the biggest slide a football club will ever been on. we are so so lucky that teams below keep losing ,any other season we would be certainties to go down ,with only 2 wins from 20 we are the worst team in the championship without a doubt ,I don't remember mid 70s I'm not that old but surely this is the worst ever team to play for swfc.

Guest mkowl

That squad was a match for Ipswich because they were awful as well

So 1/10 the same as his win ratio. We don't have time with 10 games to go for a "wait and see" approach. I have waited and seen enough to view him as the new Peter Eustace. A quick kill is needed unfortunately