SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY - ACCOUNTS AND FFP THREAD

5 minutes ago, Geoffrey said:

Is that who is owed the £7.5m "loyalty" payments?

Anyone else hear rumours about the funding of our 2 Dutch signings?

The loyalty payment are like when we signed Hooper if we get promoted by x yr we have to pay £1m for him, I did not think we had so many as to be £7.5m but clearly the premier league teams are not making enough from Sky, BT and foreign tv rights each year that they also have to milk the football league teams for what ever they can get from us. As unless a miracle happens we don't need to worry about paying out on a lot of these.

I would think we probably have them for Fessi, Abdi, Hooper, Hunt, Winnall and a few of the squad players.  

4 minutes ago, Rebowl Yell said:

F**k FFP, we should just go hell for leather and tell the FA to kiss our arse. We’ll sort our spending out when they sort the state of their refs out,  We’re Sheffield Wednesday we’ll do what we want f**k everyone else.

That was a party political Broadcast on behalf of the "Keep Gillingham insane Party"  Wibble, Wibble, Wibble, Dribble.... 

Edited by OWLERTON GHOST
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Rebowl Yell said:

F**k FFP, we should just go hell for leather and tell the FA to kiss our arse. We’ll sort our spending out when they sort the state of their refs out,  We’re Sheffield Wednesday we’ll do what we want f**k everyone else.

Nice idea but would then not just expel us from the league structure if we decided not to follow their rules.

Maybe we could start a world league like they did in Striker.lol

• Haha 3

Just now, OWLERTON GHOST said:

That was a party political Broadcast on behalf of the "Keep Gillingham Sane Party"  Wibble, Wibble, Wibble, Dribble.... 

Look I’m starting to think you have a problem with me because I’m not ethnically a Sheffielder. I have every right to be a Sheffielder if I feel one inside even though I’m from Gillingham you bigot, this is 2018 not the Middle Ages FFS. 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, room0035 said:

Nice idea but would then not just expel us from the league structure if we decided not to follow their rules.

Maybe we could start a world league like they did in Striker.lol

I’ve always said we should join the Scottish leagues, they’d welcome us with open arms up there and instantly we’d be in the top 3 biggest clubs just behind the bigot  brothers. No Liverpool to appease up there by keeping us away from the big time. 

The players on long term deals are a huge issue at our club. The losses have gone up and we have no players we can sell for large fees to balance the books unlike other clubs. Dark days ahead at Hillsborough caused by dire recruitment and philosophy.

This is not seriously different from when we were relegated in 2000 and the few years after that. Spent a fortune  on expensive players who either underperformed or were injured for long spells.  The Charterhouse money was wiped out and we ended up gifting the whole club to Mr Mandaric. It’s like Groundhog Day, here we go again. 

8 minutes ago, Captain Scarlett said:

Get our best scout  to go to the beaches of Rio. There are thousands of talented young lads dreaming of being a full time footballer. And who would jump at the chance for next to nothing.

I'm a little busy right now shovelling snow and freezing my 'arris off but I'll  make the sacrifice of going myself to Rio and  Ipanema  and Copacabana  beach  if the club want me too.

I'm pretty sure I can spot some talent when I see it.

brasilianischen-Frauen-620x400.jpg

I'd happily pay to watch talent like that. How much are these 5 year season tickets?

I get the general gist of FFP / P&S but cant say I understand all the accountancy details people have been explaining on here.

Overall think it is a good idea generally for football, cant think of any clubs in last 3-4 years wracking up massive debts and going into administration.

If Wednesday do fall foul of the rules and face some sort of sanction don't think they can blame anyone else except themselves. Knew these rules existed and same rules for everyone.

Hope it doesn't come to that though.

54 minutes ago, Geoffrey said:

What about the enormous wage bill for this season and next?

What about the policy of not selling any players as they are "family" leading to an enormous squad?

some family eh, with players on upto 50k a week who hardly ever play ,and supporters having to pay the highest costs ever in the football league to watch Carlos's rejects. get rid of the lot (though 2 years or so before fletcher,abdi,rhodes leave ) chansiri can go too and give the club back to the supporters . or do we have to set a new club up called fc Wednesday like man u ,fc utd. I think we have got a very worrying time coming for next 2-3 years. who has got confidence in chansiri for us to avoid ffp and maybe sending club to the wall? 

1 minute ago, handworth52 said:

some family eh, with players on upto 50k a week who hardly ever play ,and supporters having to pay the highest costs ever in the football league to watch Carlos's rejects. get rid of the lot (though 2 years or so before fletcher,abdi,rhodes leave ) chansiri can go too and give the club back to the supporters . or do we have to set a new club up called fc Wednesday like man u ,fc utd. I think we have got a very worrying time coming for next 2-3 years. who has got confidence in chansiri for us to avoid ffp and maybe sending club to the wall? 

Just to place on record I absolutely disagree with pretty much every word of this

lol

Owlstalk Shop

25 minutes ago, Captain Scarlett said:

Get our best scout  to go to the beaches of Rio. There are thousands of talented young lads dreaming of being a full time footballer. And who would jump at the chance for next to nothing.

I'm a little busy right now shovelling snow and freezing my 'arris off but I'll  make the sacrifice of going myself to Rio and  Ipanema  and Copacabana  beach  if the club want me too.

I'm pretty sure I can spot some talent when I see it.

brasilianischen-Frauen-620x400.jpg

I'm 55 years old and looking at this picture......what I am thinking really does disgust me. Really.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Pulcinella said:

I'd love to be corrected but where the error in the maths? £9.6m + £20.7m = £30.3m. You are allowed to lose £39m over three seasons - which leaves £8.7m left.

In the following year, the £9.6m drops off, but the £20.7m remains.

The figures shown on the accounts are only as far as the tax man is concerned, this is not a figure for P&S. That figure has not been released.

39 minutes ago, timrud said:

We don't have a funding issue (there is lots of money), we have a spending cap.

Are you saying this from our brand-new training ground with state-of -the-art facilities watching our academy galacticos train?

Or are you just believing the guff you've heard?

3 minutes ago, Geoffrey said:

Are you saying this from our brand-new training ground with state-of -the-art facilities watching our academy galacticos train?

Well, the qualified accountant a few pages back said we would be "ok" (make of that what you will) as long as the chairman continues to put money in to cover the losses.

Personally, I'd rather listen to the qualified accountant than the paranoid schizophrenic.

Each to their own.

Edited by SiJ
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Geoffrey said:

Are you saying this to cause more controversy ?

Or are you just believing the guff you've heard ?

2 hours ago, Pulcinella said:

One question then... if things are so dire, why didn't we listen to bids for Jordan Rhodes? Apparently Sunderland wanted him - even £5m and his wages off the books would have made the figures so much better.

Not that I particularly want him out of the club. And I still hope he can get his form back. But I would have thought that FFP trumps everything.

Sunderland and Ipswich wanted him, but it was needing them to sell, bit of a merry go round. 

So it couldnt financially happen

4 hours ago, hasthagotanycheese said:

There will have to be a major cull in the summer.

Wouldnt be surprised to see our most saleable assets Bannan, Winnall Forestieri, Westwood & Lee's all flogged. If you look at recent transfers in this division then if we could get 25-30 million into the coffers that would get us back on the right side of FFP, giving Jos some spare cash to work his magic using some sensible signings from Germany & Holland.

If Carlos comes calling for some of his favorites then we need to have his (and Swansea's) trousers down. 

Or we could just sell ‘em all and revert back to playing cricket every Wednesday afternoon. 

If Carlos does come calling I certainly don’t want to be there when his trousers come down!!!

WTF: