On 01/03/2018 at 14:12, smhouston said:

:laugh: 

Owners invest in the club = big loss = bad management

Owners don't invest in the club = still losses = bad management / no commitment

Yet our fans still think we can charge £10 a game and still expect to compete

Like our piggy neighbours and 80% of the league 

Just now, Geoffrey said:

WTF??

This guy will just be a comical blip in our history.

as comical as suggesting that fan ownership actually worked.

I remember all those sheffield businessmen queuing up to invest when we were in the high court.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Geoffrey said:

"His investment"?

How did he earn that type of money?

How can you be so ignorant?

His family own or having the controlling stake in Thai Union Food; a company worth billions.

It's not exactly inconceivable that he's had money given to him from his family, is it?

You've just informed us a few pages back that he's sticking 400,000k in every week, month or whatever to keep us running.

There's a difference between being concerned and outright lying and scaremongering. Sadly, you seem to indulge in the latter on a consistent basis.

34 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Well, the qualified accountant a few pages back said we would be "ok" (make of that what you will) as long as the chairman continues to put money in to cover the losses.

Not sure what he actually said but FFP can't be got around simply by DC putting more money in

Just now, OxonOwl said:

Not sure what he actually said but FFP can't be got around simply by DC putting more money in

Not talking about FFP.

Talking about the club going bust.

3 minutes ago, SiJ said:

His family own or having the controlling stake in Thai Union Food; a company worth billions.

It's not exactly inconceivable that he's had money given to him from his family, is it?

You've just informed us a few pages back that he's sticking 400,000k in every week, month or whatever to keep us running.

There's a difference between being concerned and outright lying and scaremongering. Sadly, you seem to indulge in the latter on a consistent basis.

actually only 24%

our guy a very small proportion of that 

How do these figures effect the transfer policy that we were asked to vote on?

Putting aside the loaded gun questioning the the vote was in effect to keep on paying top dollar ticket prices for better players on higher wages. Can we keep on with this policy or does there need to be a cull / change in direction? How does DC square the ticket prices if we  were to ship out the big earners for cheaper alternatives?

12 minutes ago, Geoffrey said:

WTF??

This guy will just be a comical blip in our history.

Did you catch Mr Chansiri with your Mrs or something?

I've agreed with a fair few of your points in the past but you're going after him like he's the devil incarnate. I don't think anyone's suggesting that he's not made some (serious) mistakes/judgments but I don't for one second doubt his intentions. 

17 minutes ago, OWLERTON GHOST said:

Do apologise for my remarks there ...

That was totally out of order ..

I will send over a flagon of my award winning Buckfast with my favourite serving wenches and supply you with my court Jester for your entertainment this weekend ......lol

Buckfast rocks... 

4 minutes ago, steelowl said:

actually only 24%

our guy a very small proportion of that 

24% of a company making a net income of 5.6 billion.

Point is that Chansiri clearly has some cash, despite what Geoffrey tries to tell us.

Edited by SiJ

12 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Wow! Thanks for that. Remind me what position Dejphon held.

Narin Niruttinanon was deputy general of a TUF subsidiary. How long did he stay as Reading chairman?

24 minutes ago, OWLERTON GHOST said:

Do apologise for my remarks there ...

That was totally out of order ..

I will send over a flagon of my award winning Buckfast with my favourite serving wenches and supply you with my court Jester for your entertainment this weekend ......lol

Geoffrey has already been entertaining me these last few days but it would be nice to get him for the weekend as well thank you :CEO:

11 minutes ago, SiJ said:

24% of a company making a net income of 5.6 billion.

Point is that Chansiri clearly has some cash, despite what Geoffrey tries to tell us.

genuine question 

what makes a guy with by his own admission no experience in football, fly several thousand miles several times a tear spend an absolute fortune (that is by all known figures a very big percentage of his known wealth) . He says he's 150m in MK say 100m what's 50m between 'family'

By any persons measure that's a lot of money spent on something you know nothing about and sack any advisors you had.  I am not questioning his good intention but I think judgement may be up for examination though  

10 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Thiraphong Chansiri (President and CEO)
Kraisorn Chansiri (Chairman)

your point is?

it's still 24% the family have - DC has virtually no influence if that's your point 

in fact due to the TUF logo on the noticeboard at the purchase a statement was made by TUF now TU that they are not involved as a company

now whether this is pocket money given to him to have a play, I have no idea  but I seriously doubt it 

Edited by steelowl