SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY - ACCOUNTS AND FFP THREAD

16 minutes ago, tarn owl said:

The players on long term deals are a huge issue at our club. The losses have gone up and we have no players we can sell for large fees to balance the books unlike other clubs. Dark days ahead at Hillsborough caused by dire recruitment and philosophy.

the thing is people like me saw this coming 20 months ago ,the recruitment was dreadful and handing out long term deals for ageing pros was never a good idea, chansiri came into football blind ,knew little to nothing how football business works ,which he admitted and took shocking advise off doyen,advisers, palmer and the biggest culprit of all carlos ,the premier league at all costs gamble has massively failed ,the question is ffp is a certainty and what level will the club drop to before we can rebuild?                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                 

40 minutes ago, mike84 said:

very little chance of any of that happening.

fans owned the club for 140+ years.  how successful was that?

we haven't got any players earning 50k per week.

well its on record that Rhodes was on 60k at boro . so I'm guessing like a lot of people , I can see him talking a 10k a week cut for a longer contract at a club that wants him ,but not 20k . its on record on here I predicted that our wage bill would go up from 17 million to 25 million it is actually 26 million I guessed the figure based on since the previous accounts ,abdi,fletcher,rhodes and a few others inc urby joined our wage bill,and nearly our entire 1st choice players all received big pay increases/longer contracts ,so if I wernt wrong with that I don't thing I will be that far wrong on guessing fletcher,abdi,rhodes,fessi etc roughly what there on,figures get banded about a lot in football so you usually can get a rough idea what they might be on. lets say you think Rhodes is on 40k or less a week and I think 50k I don't think you would win the bet if it was ever announced what he is on. 

5 minutes ago, Geoffrey said:

Did you not read the press reports saying they regard themselves as brothers. One brother was alarmed at how much money was being put in so he got rid. Relevant enough?

Geoffrey why do you hate Thai people? 

1 hour ago, Rebowl Yell said:

F**k FFP, we should just go hell for leather and tell the FA to kiss our arse. We’ll sort our spending out when they sort the state of their refs out,  We’re Sheffield Wednesday we’ll do what we want f**k everyone else.

This is how i'd be too i'm honest. just get promoted and pay the fine. Simple.

• Like 1

Just now, LiamAP22D said:

wouldn't know what a WUM was.

:biggrin:

I'll play for a little longer 

scenario: we've breached P&S  = sanctions  = embargo next season or points deduction this season 

now tell me and other people who think we can spend our way out of this just how we are able to ?

8 minutes ago, Sonny said:

Stop up by, say, 10 points and I’ll take a, say, 9 point deduction and then SPEND SPEND SPEND.

please apply for our managers job oh and sit on the panel of the P&S as well and I'll take that 

BUT there's a problem we'll be in breach next year as well 

16 minutes ago, Triple O said:

Villa could have problems

Micah Richards has not played for Aston Villa for 500 days and continues to earn £35,000 a week… and will double wages if Steve Bruce’s side get promoted. http://google.com/newsstand/s/CBIwlLSLyzY

The 3 billion zillion pounds they get from the prem TV deal will soften the blow no doubt 

21 minutes ago, steelowl said:

:biggrin:

I'll play for a little longer 

scenario: we've breached P&S  = sanctions  = embargo next season or points deduction this season 

now tell me and other people who think we can spend our way out of this just how we are able to ?

Options for sanctions are:-

1. Reprimand / Warning
  2. Fine
  3. Deduction of Points
  4. Withholding of Revenue from UEFA competition
  5. Prohibition to register new players for UEFA competitions;
  6. A restriction on the number of players that a club may register for UEFA competitions
  7. Disqualification from a competition in progress
  8. Exclusion from future competitions

Obviously some don't concern us.