SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY - ACCOUNTS AND FFP THREAD

Just now, Hookowl said:

Are you saying this to cause more controversy ?

Or are you just believing the guff you've heard ?

He's just making it up.

I think you'd have to be in pretty big denial to not acknowledge the fact that these accounts make grim reading.

Basically, we will probably keep our head above water as long as Chansiri is willing to put money in. If he doesn't then it's curtain...but then so is his investment.

2 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Well, the qualified accountant a few pages back said we would be "ok" (make of that what you will) as long as the chairman continues to put money in to cover the losses.

Personally, I'd rather listen to the qualified accountant than the paranoid schizophrenic.

Each to their own.

Including the sponsorship deals he's putting in approx. £450,000/week. How long do you think he will carrying on doing this for?

4 minutes ago, SiJ said:

He's just making it up.

I think you'd have to be in pretty big denial to not acknowledge the fact that these accounts make grim reading.

Basically, we will probably keep our head above water as long as Chansiri is willing to put money in. If he doesn't then it's curtain...but then so is his investment.

I really don't think the club will go to the wall, or even turn into the next Portsmouth or Coventry.

But think how Nottingham Forest have been last 3-4 years is more likely. Stagnated in lower mid table with a transfer embargo along the way.

1 minute ago, Geoffrey said:

Including the sponsorship deals he's putting in approx. £450,000/week. How long do you think he will carrying on doing this for?

I don't know, Geoffrey.

Neither do you.

There may well come a point where he says enough is enough and he starts to reduce his investment or looks to sell us on.

But the fact is that without him propping us up his investment goes down the sh*tter.

No. He could fund a new training ground and pour money into the academy without it affecting FFP.

Why do you think he's not?

Perhaps he decided to invest the money in the first team in order to get us promoted? As opposed to a brand new training ground.

It's not that difficult to work it out. If we go up (which is not going to happen) then FFP isn't a concern.

Unfortunately, the gamble hasn't paid off.

It doesn't mean he has no money.

2 minutes ago, Geoffrey said:

No. He could fund a new training ground and pour money into the academy without it affecting FFP.

Because he felt it was more beneficial to spend it elsewhere.

Rightly or wrongly that must have been his decision at the time.

5 hours ago, Mrmason69 said:

The accounts announcement also adds credence to rhe story than many of our players on the injury list aren't injured at all but the club are refusing to play them in order to avoid paying out appearance related monies as agreed in their contracts. 

When jl was asked about this he refused to deny it as told reporters to ask the owner. 

What a mess we are in when our highest paid players are prevented from players to save money. It's a fair bet which players aren't actually injured. Too many get season ending injuries in training. If it were true then a competent manager would modify the training programme. If it's not true then the manager is incompetent as he can't see that his training methods are damaging and dysfunctional. 

This isn't monty python it's sheffield wednesday 

I'm pretty sure that if a player wasn't been played because of a co tract issue this would be in the public domain pretty quickly from them or their agents.

1 minute ago, matthefish2002 said:

I really don't think the club will go to the wall, or even turn into the next Portsmouth or Coventry.

But think how Nottingham Forest have been last 3-4 years is more likely. Stagnated in lower mid table with a transfer embargo along the way.

I think this is quite probable. We may well end up like Forest or Ipswich for a period.

I'm making it up that he hasn't bought a new training ground?

Get a grip, Ash!

You're conflating issues.

The fact he hasn't invested in the training ground means we have funding issues?

It's pretty clear where the funding has been directed, wrongly or rightly (it appears wrongly).

5 hours ago, Geoffrey said:

For how long do you think he will be happy losing £400,000/week?

If he was in it for the long term why the lack of investment in the training ground and the academy which don't come under FFP rules?

There's been investment in the training ground and the academy at levels not previously seen at the club.

1 hour ago, Geoffrey said:

Is that who is owed the £7.5m "loyalty" payments?

Anyone else hear rumours about the funding of our 2 Dutch signings?

What is this rumour? I assume it has substance and not just ‘some guff you’ve heard’?

On 3/1/2018 at 14:16, Hitcat said:

Aren't we allowed a £13m loss per season? Meaning we're well within those figures. 

We are allowed a total loss of 39m, however out losses have doubled in one year, and are likely to do the same again, putting us well into the "fizzed" side of things. 

Guest mkowl
17 minutes ago, SiJ said:

He's just making it up.

Summed up perfectly

Just now, SiJ said:

I don't know, Geoffrey.

Neither do you.

There may well come a point where he says enough is enough and he starts to reduce his investment or looks to sell us on.

But the fact is that without him propping us up his investment goes down the sh*tter.

"His investment"?

How did he earn that type of money?

39 minutes ago, handworth52 said:

some family eh, with players on upto 50k a week who hardly ever play ,and supporters having to pay the highest costs ever in the football league to watch Carlos's rejects. get rid of the lot (though 2 years or so before fletcher,abdi,rhodes leave ) chansiri can go too and give the club back to the supporters . or do we have to set a new club up called fc Wednesday like man u ,fc utd. I think we have got a very worrying time coming for next 2-3 years. who has got confidence in chansiri for us to avoid ffp and maybe sending club to the wall? 

very little chance of any of that happening.

fans owned the club for 140+ years.  how successful was that?

we haven't got any players earning 50k per week.

5 minutes ago, Rebowl Yell said:

Look I’m starting to think you have a problem with me because I’m not ethnically a Sheffielder. I have every right to be a Sheffielder if I feel one inside even though I’m from Gillingham you bigot, this is 2018 not the Middle Ages FFS. 

Do apologise for my remarks there ...

That was totally out of order ..

I will send over a flagon of my award winning Buckfast with my favourite serving wenches and supply you with my court Jester for your entertainment this weekend ......lol

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Geoffrey said:

because he's already spending £400k per week keeping the club running.

ps the training ground has been updated and so has the acadamy.