SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY - ACCOUNTS AND FFP THREAD

3 minutes ago, HarrowbyOwl said:

Not sure what point you're making mate. Accounts and projection for this year had to be filed on 1 March for the P&S assessment

If we are found to be in breach one of the available sanctions is points deduction this season.

Yes, two years' accounts and one year projections filed now and the decision made in Mar/Apr. any points deductions would be this season.

9 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Just one problem the transfer embargo will kick in this coming season the club have to give details of this season to the football league so unless we have managed reduce the losses this season to less than £9m we have already broken FFP.

glad at least one person agrees

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, HarrowbyOwl said:

Sure the family, who built up their business cautiously over 50 years, are chuffed about him spaffing 100-150m in 3 years on a irrational "investment" in an industry about which by his own admission he knew nothing.

What's not to like?

He won't show hid dad the accounts...back in day school used to give us our reports to take home..mine was always dispatched in a bin on the route home :stuwinky:

25 minutes ago, HarrowbyOwl said:

Sure the family, who built up their business cautiously over 50 years, are chuffed about him spaffing 100-150m in 3 years on a irrational "investment" in an industry about which by his own admission he knew nothing.

What's not to like?

According to the very reputable source Forbes the whole family are worth approx 500 million quid (and only a tiny fraction of that is likely to be cash). 150 million (cash!) out of that is a very sizeable chunk to waste. It's all a bit nuts, isn't it? 

2 minutes ago, Lichfield alien said:

He won't show hid dad the accounts...back in day school used to give us our reports to take home..mine was always dispatched in a bin on the route home :stuwinky:

you have to sign and take them back in these days 

1 minute ago, Almat said:

According to the very reputable source Forbes the whole family are worth approx 500 million quid (and only a tiny fraction of that is likely to be cash). 150 million (cash!) out of that is a very sizeable chunk to waste. It's all a bit nuts, isn't it? 

:carlosswfc:

1 minute ago, Almat said:

Absolutely. Never made any sense to me

11 minutes ago, HarrowbyOwl said:

Not sure what point you're making mate. Accounts and projection for this year had to be filed on 1 March for the P&S assessment

If we are found to be in breach one of the available sanctions is points deduction this season.

What I am saying is as we have not heard anything to say we haven't filed then hopefully we have. I.e. don't worry about it until it happens if it does.

There is a very long tweet by somebody called Peter A Lohmann @ploehamm about FFP.. He seems to know what he's talking about worth a read 

Edited by darra

With everything that is happening with the club though doesn't it make a mockery of the sacking of Stuart Gray, he had us playing above ourselves and had picked up players of Westwood, Lees, Loovens, Hutch, Lee on frees - we were playing in a sandpit but still manage to finish respectable in the league and he got the sack for wasting £1m on a right back from Man Utd that we sold at a profit and a striker from Romania who never got a chance.

Roll forward nearly 3 years and we have lost in the region of £50m in transfers and new players salaries- the chairman with buying the club and funding salaries has spent between £100-150m depending where you read and we are now lower in the league than we were when SG was manager with kids and free agents in the team. It kind of makes you wonder where would we have been had we kept SG and built slowly showing faith in youth and picking up saleable assets that we could improve and if needed sell on at profits. yes we probably would not have had the day at Wembley but we would have a hard working team, we good teamwork values, SG would have found us more Scott Carsons, Connor Wickhams, Ross Barkley and with the funds available but a vastly reduce rate we could have signed a few of these before making them better and us making the money for them improving.

Also we the fans could have been paying £25 a game instead of the £30-40 we currently are paying. It is all ifs and buts but how different it could have been 

• Thanks 1

Get our best scout  to go to the beaches of Rio. There are thousands of talented young lads dreaming of being a full time footballer. And who would jump at the chance for next to nothing.

I'm a little busy right now shovelling snow and freezing my 'arris off but I'll  make the sacrifice of going myself to Rio and  Ipanema  and Copacabana  beach  if the club want me too.

I'm pretty sure I can spot some talent when I see it.

brasilianischen-Frauen-620x400.jpg