SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY - ACCOUNTS AND FFP THREAD

29 minutes ago, alanharper said:

Maybe spending £5m plus PL wages on Vardy - who'd managed 5 goals in 36 appearances in that season, and 21 goals in 77 in his two seasons at Championship level before that - wasn't really a great deal at the time?

If only Chansiri had shelled out a bit extra for the crystal ball that would have told him that Vardy was about to suddenly hit the form of his life...

Fair point mate. But do you trust Doyen or Gray , Roeder?  That's the crux.

And did you so Vardy gunning for Blades recently - both team and fans (with Harry Mc'S an Owl jibe)?

Imagine if this Malin Bridge Owl was actually playing for us. Tear lot up. 

2 minutes ago, alanharper said:

For some perspective, if I buy a 5 year ST for 2.5k, they're not going to see any more money from me for the next 6 years (I've currently got another year to go on my 3 year ST) - and that 6 years worth of admission money wouldn't even pay Jordan Rhodes' wages for a Thursday afternoon.

crazy isn't it ?

1 minute ago, alanharper said:

For some perspective, if I buy a 5 year ST for 2.5k, they're not going to see any more money from me for the next 6 years (I've currently got another year to go on my 3 year ST) - and that 6 years worth of admission money wouldn't even pay Jordan Rhodes' wages for a Thursday afternoon.

But if they sell 1000 they can put 500K per year in the forecast sales.

Not a massive figure but every little helps :ph34r:

2 hours ago, Hookowl said:

But if they sell 1000 they can put 500K per year in the forecast sales.

Not a massive figure but every little helps :ph34r:

Yep, needed cash quickly...just can't see any other reason to announce now at this stage of the season..

Interesting article here. (Doyen skeptics will prob. find nothing new )

https://footballtyper.wordpress.com/2018/03/05/under-the-influence/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

1 hour ago, sherlyegg said:

Yep, needed cash quickly...just can't see any other reason to announce now at this stage of the season..

https://footballtyper.wordpress.com/2018/03/05/under-the-influence/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

Quite a bit new. Horrendous.

DC's really got no one to blame but himself.

Interesting to see Sherlock get outta this , n'er mind Watson.  

Edited by fred mciver

3 hours ago, sherlyegg said:

Exactly, the preferred option was Club 1867 which was quick cash that could also be taken into 17/18 P&L; rightly that particular scheme failed miserably so 2nd best option is pawning future year's ticket revenue to just get cash quick...

2 minutes ago, kobayashi said:

Exactly, the preferred option was Club 1867 which was quick cash that could also be taken into 17/18 P&L; rightly that particular scheme failed miserably so 2nd best option is pawning future year's ticket revenue to just get cash quick...

Yes, it seems to me there are some big probs around the corner. The 5yr season ticket deal seems ludicrous and a last throw of the dice. It cannot make financial sense to do so.

14 minutes ago, sherlyegg said:

Yes, it seems to me there are some big probs around the corner. The 5yr season ticket deal seems ludicrous and a last throw of the dice. It cannot make financial sense to do so.

But surely it is good financially to get sales up front.

That's why you get better rates from electricity/gas or bank interest rates companies to take out long deals.

Guest mkowl

In answer to the point above how a 5 year season ticket works for accounting purposes and FFP has zero bearing on when you spend the cash.

Worth mentioning but the year Lee Strafford introduced the early bird season tickets the money that came in circa £3m was all used to repay a loan that had been taken out in the preceding autumn.

This is the issue being flagged it is taking tomorrow's revenue and spending it today. That's ok whilst ever someone ie DC is prepared to top up the tank. If that stops you hit a cashflow wall so quickly. Why HMRC jumped on us last time because the cash was eeked out by using them and local suppliers as a credit facility

Guest mkowl
13 minutes ago, Hookowl said:

But surely it is good financially to get sales up front.

That's why you get better rates from electricity/gas or bank interest rates companies to take out long deals.

Clearly it makes sense if you are the company getting the money.

Makes less sense ok if you are the customer.

Would you pay for gas and electric 5 years in advance just to fix a price today

49 minutes ago, mkowl said:

In answer to the point above how a 5 year season ticket works for accounting purposes and FFP has zero bearing on when you spend the cash.

Worth mentioning but the year Lee Strafford introduced the early bird season tickets the money that came in circa £3m was all used to repay a loan that had been taken out in the preceding autumn.

This is the issue being flagged it is taking tomorrow's revenue and spending it today. That's ok whilst ever someone ie DC is prepared to top up the tank. If that stops you hit a cashflow wall so quickly. Why HMRC jumped on us last time because the cash was eeked out by using them and local suppliers as a credit facility

unsecured creditors ?

4 hours ago, fred mciver said:

Quite a bit new. Horrendous.

DC's really got no one to blame but himself.

Interesting to see Sherlock get outta this , n'er mind Watson.  

Well put together piece from Matty there.

He's been warning people off even mentioning Paixao's name on here, then comes up with a scoop

• Like 1

Guest mkowl
31 minutes ago, steelowl said:

unsecured creditors ?

Got myself in trouble using that term on another forum. Accused of using sinister spin 

18 hours ago, mkowl said:

Clearly it makes sense if you are the company getting the money.

Makes less sense ok if you are the customer.

Would you pay for gas and electric 5 years in advance just to fix a price today

Depends what the savings are.

Of course, in the interest of financial prudence DC and, err, Doyen have no doubt negotiated relegation clauses in our players' / their clients ' contracts.

And no conflicts of interests there.

Makes you wonder why they aren't more motivated.

And would we actually save money if worst was to happen.