Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
sturutter

Please please let's go for the cup game

Recommended Posts

 

We are looking at a season that is going to go into our history as very forgettable. There is one remaining way we could make it memorable, especially for the fans 

 

Tonight's win has given us the licence. If it means sacrificing preparations for the Milwall game to a small extent, screw it, lets do it. Nobody is going to be arrogant and say 'we're definitely not going down,' but the picture is looking very good. Nine points is a very big cushion at the bottom. 

 

The old manager returning makes it more spicy, but it's exciting enough without that. Win on Saturday,.and we are one win from Wembley. If we don't get a ' maybe winnable' one in the draw for the quarters, at least that means we have a great day out away at one of the Manchester clubs, or indeed Wembley, to play Tottenham.

 

Our opposition on Saturday CANNOT afford to take their eye off the league. We can. Let's take advantage. 

 

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm just gutted we can't play exactly the same starting 11, thought Clare had a class full debut. Would love to smash the charlatan on Saturday.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, eccentric owl said:

I would love it if we beat them!! LOVE IT!!

Now where have I heard that before? :rolleyes:

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We were all buzzing in the car on the way home, so many good performances.

I really didn't expert that against a good Derby side on a great run and unbeaten away in 5 months. 

 

I have a funny feeling we are going to have our best cup run in years (we already have if truth be told)

Yep, let's play the same side and bash Swansea!

 

Ouch! Just realised we can't play the exact same side. 

Edited by Pulsar

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This one is a lot more debatable I know, but I even would play Wildsmith, and promise Dawson in exchange the same number of games if/when we are mathematically safe.

Edited by sturutter

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With you on this. Let's stuff the Taffy's. 

:luhukay: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bring ' em on, it's a job that has to be done. UTO.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, sturutter said:

 

We are looking at a season that is going to go into our history as very forgettable. There is one remaining way we could make it memorable, especially for the fans 

 

Tonight's win has given us the licence. If it means sacrificing preparations for the Milwall game to a small extent, screw it, lets do it. Nobody is going to be arrogant and say 'we're definitely not going down,' but the picture is looking very good. Nine points is a very big cushion at the bottom. 

 

The old manager returning makes it more spicy, but it's exciting enough without that. Win on Saturday,.and we are one win from Wembley. If we don't get a ' maybe winnable' one in the draw for the quarters, at least that means we have a great day out away at one of the Manchester clubs, or indeed Wembley, to play Tottenham.

 

Our opposition on Saturday CANNOT afford to take their eye off the league. We can. Let's take advantage. 

 

 

I will be arrogant and say we are not going to be relegated. Even if we had lost last night it was just a matter of time before JL starts winning games. He is doing a great job with limited materials. So there you have it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Drewswfc said:

With you on this. Let's stuff the Taffy's. 

:luhukay: 

Jacks, you noggin.

The River Taff runs through Cardiff, not Swansea.

Get some geographical culture in you.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just hope the return of CC doesn't turn into a distraction. Forget him, let's just go out and beat Swansea.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, sturutter said:

This one is a lot more debatable I know, but I even would play Wildsmith, and promise Dawson in exchange the same number of games if/when we are mathematically safe.

 

Dawson is good enough & for me deserves to start Saturday 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, sturutter said:

 

We are looking at a season that is going to go into our history as very forgettable. There is one remaining way we could make it memorable, especially for the fans 

 

Tonight's win has given us the licence. If it means sacrificing preparations for the Milwall game to a small extent, screw it, lets do it. Nobody is going to be arrogant and say 'we're definitely not going down,' but the picture is looking very good. Nine points is a very big cushion at the bottom. 

 

The old manager returning makes it more spicy, but it's exciting enough without that. Win on Saturday,.and we are one win from Wembley. If we don't get a ' maybe winnable' one in the draw for the quarters, at least that means we have a great day out away at one of the Manchester clubs, or indeed Wembley, to play Tottenham.

 

Our opposition on Saturday CANNOT afford to take their eye off the league. We can. Let's take advantage. 

 

 

Don't think we have much option really mate we've got no players to bring in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Think Saturday is a well winnable game.

Wouldn't be first time a Premiership club in relegation trouble didn't take a Cup game that seriously.

Think Carlos was guilty of this a couple of times when he was at Wednesday.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lincs Owl said:

Jacks, you noggin.

The River Taff runs through Cardiff, not Swansea.

Get some geographical culture in you.

 

he could have called them a lot worse tbf!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Really hope we play as strong a team as possible. Only chance to salvage some respect from this shambolic season, plus there's the financial side which will help with FFP - winning in the 5th round guarantees around £430k in prize money and TV fees alone, and that's before even adding any quarter final gate receipts which could potentially be huge if we got Man Utd or Spurs away. If we got lucky and got through the quarters as well that's another million quid before adding the receipts from the Wembley semi which would probably double that.

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, sturutter said:

This one is a lot more debatable I know, but I even would play Wildsmith, and promise Dawson in exchange the same number of games if/when we are mathematically safe.

Why would you leave out the best keeper we have if you want us to really go for it?

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If we win the cup it'll go down as one of our greatest ever seasons, let's go for it. Sadly the king is returning and he'll really want to stick it to the haters who outed him then slagged him off for joining another club, he's coming for revenge. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...