Please please let's go for the cup game

We are looking at a season that is going to go into our history as very forgettable. There is one remaining way we could make it memorable, especially for the fans 

Tonight's win has given us the licence. If it means sacrificing preparations for the Milwall game to a small extent, screw it, lets do it. Nobody is going to be arrogant and say 'we're definitely not going down,' but the picture is looking very good. Nine points is a very big cushion at the bottom. 

The old manager returning makes it more spicy, but it's exciting enough without that. Win on Saturday,.and we are one win from Wembley. If we don't get a ' maybe winnable' one in the draw for the quarters, at least that means we have a great day out away at one of the Manchester clubs, or indeed Wembley, to play Tottenham.

Our opposition on Saturday CANNOT afford to take their eye off the league. We can. Let's take advantage. 

• Like 3

We were all buzzing in the car on the way home, so many good performances.

I really didn't expert that against a good Derby side on a great run and unbeaten away in 5 months. 

I have a funny feeling we are going to have our best cup run in years (we already have if truth be told)

Yep, let's play the same side and bash Swansea!

Ouch! Just realised we can't play the exact same side. 

Edited by Pulsar

6 hours ago, sturutter said:

We are looking at a season that is going to go into our history as very forgettable. There is one remaining way we could make it memorable, especially for the fans 

Tonight's win has given us the licence. If it means sacrificing preparations for the Milwall game to a small extent, screw it, lets do it. Nobody is going to be arrogant and say 'we're definitely not going down,' but the picture is looking very good. Nine points is a very big cushion at the bottom. 

The old manager returning makes it more spicy, but it's exciting enough without that. Win on Saturday,.and we are one win from Wembley. If we don't get a ' maybe winnable' one in the draw for the quarters, at least that means we have a great day out away at one of the Manchester clubs, or indeed Wembley, to play Tottenham.

Our opposition on Saturday CANNOT afford to take their eye off the league. We can. Let's take advantage. 

I will be arrogant and say we are not going to be relegated. Even if we had lost last night it was just a matter of time before JL starts winning games. He is doing a great job with limited materials. So there you have it.

6 hours ago, sturutter said:

This one is a lot more debatable I know, but I even would play Wildsmith, and promise Dawson in exchange the same number of games if/when we are mathematically safe.

Dawson is good enough & for me deserves to start Saturday 

7 hours ago, sturutter said:

Don't think we have much option really mate we've got no players to bring in.

Really hope we play as strong a team as possible. Only chance to salvage some respect from this shambolic season, plus there's the financial side which will help with FFP - winning in the 5th round guarantees around £430k in prize money and TV fees alone, and that's before even adding any quarter final gate receipts which could potentially be huge if we got Man Utd or Spurs away. If we got lucky and got through the quarters as well that's another million quid before adding the receipts from the Wembley semi which would probably double that.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, sturutter said:

This one is a lot more debatable I know, but I even would play Wildsmith, and promise Dawson in exchange the same number of games if/when we are mathematically safe.

Why would you leave out the best keeper we have if you want us to really go for it?

• Thanks 1