Sam Winnall

8 hours ago, Buxtongent said:

I think this is very unfair. At the time of the Transfer window, we were crying out for a goal scorer. Winnall was scoring seemingly at will for Barnsley in the Championship. Rhodes was proving to be unavailable despite the desire for him at S6  Carlos took the decision that any sane man would take - he got Winnall cheap. Then at the last minute, Rhodes suddenly becomes available,. What does Carlos do? He's between the two proverbial rocks. He's damned if he doesn't buy Rhodes, and if his gamble comes off he's damned if he doesn't.

At the time of Winnall's purchase, it seemed an excellent bit of pocket picking. The fault lay in purchasing Rhodes not Winnall, certainly on paper at least.

Carlos' fault lay in the way he played both players.

I was being facetious at Carlos sending him out on loan not the signing of him, I rate him highly and thinks he's the strike partner for Rhodes .

Like him as a player - I suppose it's down to whether FF stays or leaves for the Premiership in the summer.

In which case he could probably come back.

If not, we sell - and make a ruck loads of profit.  Its a win(nall) win situation

Edited by davey_wells

9 hours ago, OwlofOliveGrove said:

Personally, I want to see him get a proper look in under Jos first.

Although if Derby do go up his value will rocket and a bid of £10m+ would be hard to ignore.

Or Real Madrid might do us a straight swap for Gareth Bale.

It's hard I have my views and nothing against Sam W but he didn't quite cut it altho Tbh he wasn't given much chance and best now to sell sell sell. Realise capital and spend it on someone supa good. Look no one talking about this much now but as an Owl I have not lost the dream WE NEED TO GET BACK IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE. It has to be the aim. Let's do it. We seem to be talking in terms of mediocrity now but that won't do it. The PL us worth £168m to us we need to be there. 

10 hours ago, IstillhateSteveBould said:

7 goals in 741 minutes of championship football this season. A goal every 106 minutes. Scored plenty last season for Barnsley. He knows where the net is. 

Considering the fees for Madine and Hugill, how much is Sam worth in today's market? 

Will he be sold in the summer or does he have a future at Hillsborough?

He should never have been loaned out in the first . 

56 minutes ago, BrotherOwlExile said:

It's hard I have my views and nothing against Sam W but he didn't quite cut it altho Tbh he wasn't given much chance and best now to sell sell sell. Realise capital and spend it on someone supa good. Look no one talking about this much now but as an Owl I have not lost the dream WE NEED TO GET BACK IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE. It has to be the aim. Let's do it. We seem to be talking in terms of mediocrity now but that won't do it. The PL us worth £168m to us we need to be there. 

Can’t believe how many of us aspire to mediocrity when it come to recruitment, and the are surprised when we slip down the table

Should we sell him? Hmmmm. Not sure. Would like to think he'd come back and let Jos have a look at him. Don't think he wants to come back though. I think he's hoping Derby will buy him permanently. He's deleted all his Wednesday stuff from his Twitter account and has openly said he doesn't feel like a loan player there. When he left, he sounded as if he wasn't coming back. Not his decision though ultimately. 

With regards to his antics, I don't know what went off with FF other than Fessi  was banned and Winnall wasn't. I know some of the Barnsley fans reckoned he'd bullied some of their younger players but I'm not aware of that here. Who knows what goes off behind the scenes though ?  He seems popular enough amongst the players at Derby and the fans love him. He has mainly been used as a substitute there but has come into the first team for some away games. It's certainly better than what he was getting here where he couldn't even get on the bench. 

How good is Sam? Knows how to find the net for sure and has scored some cracking goals for Derby. Has missed some sitters too. The last game I saw him have for Wednesday was away at Bolton in the cup where he had a shocker but then he wasn't playing regularly was he? Ultimately I will be surprised if he stays but funnier things have happened. 

On 02/02/2018 at 09:35, IstillhateSteveBould said:

7 goals in 741 minutes of championship football this season. A goal every 106 minutes. Scored plenty last season for Barnsley. He knows where the net is. 

Considering the fees for Madine and Hugill, how much is Sam worth in today's market? 

Will he be sold in the summer or does he have a future at Hillsborough?

Bring him back for me.