Sam Winnall

9 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Looks another league one striker to me

How can you come to this conclusion when he's got such an excellent scoring record in the Championship? Surely a striker's main role is to score goals? 

Guest Xxxxxxxxcxcc
1 minute ago, Almat said:

How can you come to this conclusion when he's got such an excellent scoring record in the Championship? Surely a striker's main role is to score goals? 

Good question.

Guest Xxxxxxxxcxcc
3 minutes ago, thewookieisdown said:

I genuinely don't understand what that's getting at.  Fletcher is a player I like a lot for us but at his age and with the recent injury record, we won't get a fee.  There may be a case for offloading if we can, but it's most doubtful if that can happen.

Nuhiu is different.  A cheap signing made at a time when we were completely skint.  A good performer for us relative to outlay, and I suspect we could get something of a fee from a championship club.  But it's not a big strategic market deciison for us

Winnal is a strategic issue.  We genuinely have a player who in today's market might command a £10-12m fee - and a question of what we do about that when going into next season we may also have Hooper, Joao, Matias, FF, Rhodes and Fletcher (because possibly unsellable), and judgments to be made also about their fitness potential; their combination on the pitch and off it; and sale potential. 

We'll make a tidy profit no doubt but if we get £10m + for him then it just confirms  that football is spiralling out of control financially.

2 minutes ago, Almat said:

Mainly through watching him Look I’m not going to argue that a major part of what a striker does, is to put the ball in the net

Nowadays though, you need so much more from your front players Players like Winnall, Rhodes, and even Billy Sharp, will score goals, even at this level, but if you want to be successful, you need a better all round player, in my opinion

21 minutes ago, Owl999 said:

Fletcher and Nuhiu should be sold before Winnal 

I think Fletcher is unsaleable. Cost zero transfer fee, inexplicably given long contract and high wages.

If we are transfering strikers out we need to think about the ones who might bring in enough cash to invest wisely.

Joao and Rhodes for me.

Keep hold of Winnal Hooper Matias Forestieri & Nuhiu. Skill pace and strength aplenty in that little lot.

Guest Xxxxxxxxcxcc
Just now, ramone said:

Give me some of what ever you're smoking

Just an opinion. He's  a marmite player for some on here. Without the use of any substances I'd have madine over Winnall.

Winnall is a goal scorer who ideally needs to play as part of a two man strike force. As he did at Barnsley.

I really like him as a player but position is an issue as not many teams play 2 strikers.

However it was a nonsense to move him out and how much could we use him at the moment.

Guest Xxxxxxxxcxcc
3 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Mainly through watching him Look I’m not going to argue that a major part of what a striker does, is to put the ball in the net

Nowadays though, you need so much more from your front players Players like Winnall, Rhodes, and even Billy Sharp, will score goals, even at this level, but if you want to be successful, you need a better all round player, in my opinion

He's a decent championship player; too good for division 1 IMO. He might not necessarily be top end championship but I expect he'll be playing his trade here for a while yet.

I know prices are daft but we’re not gonna get anywhere near what some people are thinking in this thread. 

I personally would sell him for anything above 3 million. I’d also look to try and move on Rhodes Fletcher and possibly Nuhiu. Think the whole squad needs a shake up but especially the strikers. We’ve got the best strike force in the division elegedly but we can’t score goals ! 

Joao Matias FF Hooper and a new Striker for next year.

7 minutes ago, Xxxxxxxxcxcc said:

Just an opinion. He's  a marmite player for some on here. Without the use of any substances I'd have madine over Winnall.

5 minutes ago, markg said:

Me too

Were you both in coma's between 2011 and 2015? lol

Edited by ramone

Guest Xxxxxxxxcxcc

2 minutes ago, ramone said:

Were you both in coma's between 2011 and 2015? lol

You ignored the bit about previous attitude hampering previous development. I repeat I'd have him over Winnall. You disagree and that's fine too.lol:picnic:

Edited by Xxxxxxxxcxcc

1 minute ago, Xxxxxxxxcxcc said:

He's a decent championship player; too good for division 1 IMO. He might not necessarily be top end championship but I expect he'll be playing his trade here for a while yet.

I like his attitude, and when league one players are going for millions, from a sell on point of view, it could be a good deal

Unlike many, I thought that January window, when we brought in Winnall, Rhodes and Fox, was the final nail in our promotion prospects They helped turn us from promotion hopefuls, into a mid table championship side If we can cash in, come the summer, we might at least get a tidy profit, unlike Rhodes

21 minutes ago, Spookone said:

Some of our fans don't seem to rate Winnall (or at least didn't), I've always liked him, he's very direct and full of energy and is the type of player who can get the crowd worked up - I wouldn't have farmed him out anywhere.

It depends what you have seen.  When he had a short run off games earlier, he looked up for it and a real handful in one, the only player with heart and desire and making things happen, in the next he would do nothing and look totally out of his depth.  I cannot make my mind up on him, but to be fair, we never really saw enough of him.  Don't know enough about Fessigate to comment.

"nobody told me there would be days like these!"

Guest Xxxxxxxxcxcc
9 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

I like his attitude, and when league one players are going for millions, from a sell on point of view, it could be a good deal

Unlike many, I thought that January window, when we brought in Winnall, Rhodes and Fox, was the final nail in our promotion prospects They helped turn us from promotion hopefuls, into a mid table championship side If we can cash in, come the summer, we might at least get a tidy profit, unlike Rhodes

Yes agreed we should get a tidy profit. I disagree about that window being the death knell for our promotion. Other factors at play that have been done to death.

Unlike you I have not given up on JR yet.... I do think that he needs to spark up under Jos now though. I think JL values him. Personally I saw glimpses of a partnership with LJ against Cardiff despite the misses. Mind you Nuhiu an Matias must be breathing down their necks.