Sam Winnall

Guest Xxxxxxxxcxcc
Just now, MaxSW5 said:

think he should get a chance under Jos, could turn into a top class player

I know what you mean but with his alleged spat with FF and FFP I expect that we'll have to cash in. It might represent a 10 fold profit which would ease our financial situation appreciably.

The decision to move Winnall out of the club wasn't due to footballing reasons.

Alleged incidents of bullying of youth team players and the training ground bust up with Forestieri meant the club wanted him gone. I just don't see a future for this guy at the club due to his behaviour. 

Shame really as he'd definitely get a chance under Jos. 

1 hour ago, ramone said:

Were you both in coma's between 2011 and 2015? lol

:CEO:

No, I was awake and saw him be our top scorer in league one and show some promising attributes of which it was obvious could be developed further with good coaching. I also saw Dave Jones not give him a run of games to pick up the pace of the championship. Obviously his off field problems were of his own making but it was plain to see to anyone who knew anything about football that he was a promising player.

3 minutes ago, markg said:

:CEO:

No, I was awake and saw him be our top scorer in league one and show some promising attributes of which it was obvious could be developed further with good coaching. I also saw Dave Jones not give him a run of games to pick up the pace of the championship. Obviously his off field problems were of his own making but it was plain to see to anyone who knew anything about football that he was a promising player.

Fair do's, everyone has their opinion. Personally I think Bolton have had Cardiffs pants down here and i'm still wondering if the 6 million fee is a typo... Surely 600k is nearer the mark

Edited by ramone

2 hours ago, Buxtongent said:

He would certainly have been more use to us this season than FF.  At least he is fit and able to play. 

Hindsight is a wonderful thing.

I think he will come back and we will have a look but he probably wants to go to derby. 

I also wonder if he would fit into 4 2 3 1 which is supposedly Jos’ preferred system.

He could do with playing somewhere week in week out and then we would get big money for him.

6 minutes ago, ramone said:

Fair do's, everyone has their opinion. Personally I think Bolton have had Cardiffs pants down here and i'm still wondering if the 6 million fee is a typo... Surely 600k is nearer the mark

Oh definitely yeah. 6 millions is over the top.

Id have thought 3 to 3.5 but prices are a bit mental aren't they. Leon Clarke would probably be going for 5 to 6 if he was a bit younger. Scary times.

It depends on the formation we are going to play next year. If it's one up front Winnall won't work, he's not big enough or strong enough. If we go with 2 strikers he could fit ok.

I'm not sure he's a particularly good player technically but he does graft.

If we go one up top I'm not sure it would suit ant of our strikers other than Nuhiu, (can't finish) or Fletcher (blows hot and cold). Rhodes, Joao Fessi, Hooper can't play as a lone striker.

Maybe we will bring someone in or play 2 up front

2 hours ago, Sonny said:

Sold and use the money wisely, hopefully.

Exactly fhis, shows good potential but can’t keep his gob shut and is an unsettling character in the dressing room. Better off out than in, Derby are finding that out. Fitted in well at Barnsley with the town’s psyche, would also fit in with the blunts and their mentality 

2 hours ago, The only way is S6 said:

New managers usually like to see who's on the books, so he'll probably come back at some stage & speak to Jos. Might get involved in a bit of training, kick FF up in the air & then be sold. 

Must be worth more than Madine, if it goes on ability & potential. £8m? That's a fair old mark up on what we paid. Could even be more if Derby go up. They'll be loaded.

Suspect if Derby go up, they'll be in the market for better than Winnall.

3 hours ago, Buxtongent said:

I think this is very unfair. At the time of the Transfer window, we were crying out for a goal scorer. Winnall was scoring seemingly at will for Barnsley in the Championship. Rhodes was proving to be unavailable despite the desire for him at S6  Carlos took the decision that any sane man would take - he got Winnall cheap. Then at the last minute, Rhodes suddenly becomes available,. What does Carlos do? He's between the two proverbial rocks. He's damned if he doesn't buy Rhodes, and if his gamble comes off he's damned if he doesn't.

At the time of Winnall's purchase, it seemed an excellent bit of pocket picking. The fault lay in purchasing Rhodes not Winnall, certainly on paper at least.

Carlos' fault lay in the way he played both players.

That's the best summing up of the situation I've read on OT.

It’s a funny thing with Winnall.

I am sure that since 2015 that no one as scored more goals than him outside the premiership. (might be championship but still…)

So the stats and goals per game ratio do indicate that as a striker.. On paper we really couldn’t wish for much better.

He is obviously viewed as a disruptive influence and his run in with Nando fuelled the fire for him leaving and his celebration of his last goal for us before he left.

If there is only room for one of them at the club, personally I havent forgot FF not travelling to Norwich and having a sulk, so to me the love affair died there. The club obviously see FF as a better asset despite his behaviour in that period.

Even to this day I still don’t think the FF saga is over.. Before he was injured he was complaining about his position etc.. Only time will tell but I would not be surprised if he was sold in the summer for a large fee.

4 minutes ago, benni8 said:

Even to this day I still don’t think the FF saga is over.. Before he was injured he was complaining about his position etc.. Only time will tell but I would not be surprised if he was sold in the summer for a large fee.

Yes, I really don't believe Jos would put up with FF rocking the boat like he has in the past. It would make a mockery of his hardline approach to discipline. There again, JOS just might be the making of him. Interesting times ahead.  

Edited by Almat

By the time Fletcher has his contract paid up we might as well keep him and use him.Nuhiu out of contract in summer i believe.

Rather sell Winnall, probably for £6-8m and start again.Definitely one of him or FF will depart in the summer i'd expect.

2 minutes ago, sMacLean said:

By the time Fletcher has his contract paid up we might as well keep him and use him.Nuhiu out of contract in summer i believe.

Rather sell Winnall, probably for £6-8m and start again.Definitely one of him or FF will depart in the summer i'd expect.

£6-8m?? :tango:  Can't get in our team, can't get in Derby starting eleven.  We'll do well to get over a million for him.