Sam Winnall

New managers usually like to see who's on the books, so he'll probably come back at some stage & speak to Jos. Might get involved in a bit of training, kick FF up in the air & then be sold. 

Must be worth more than Madine, if it goes on ability & potential. £8m? That's a fair old mark up on what we paid. Could even be more if Derby go up. They'll be loaded.

Problem for Sam is he's not deemed good

enough to be a regular starter for Derby regardless of his minute per goal ratio. 

A lot will depend on what strikers of ours get interest in the summer I feel. One or more need to go, but they need clubs to want them at the right price & wages. Tough.

Just now, The only way is S6 said:

New managers usually like to see who's on the books, so he'll probably come back at some stage & speak to Jos. Might get involved in a bit of training, kick FF up in the air & then be sold. 

Must be worth more than Madine, if it goes on ability & potential. £8m? That's a fair old mark up on what we paid. Could even be more if Derby go up. They'll be loaded.

Doubt derby would sign him permanently if they went up, he's only on the bench now. Best chance of them wanting him I think is if they just miss out on going up?

Guest Xxxxxxxxcxcc
11 minutes ago, The only way is S6 said:

IMO Madine us a superior all round player. Attitude messed up his development previously. If Derby go up they'll not want Winnall IMO. We should get a significant mark up when we sell him though most likely in the summer. I think he's a decent player though I don't rate him quite as highly advanced some.

10 minutes ago, helmut_rooster said:

Bad deal from the start for me, if it wasnt for the "alleged" Foorestieri incident I don tthink he would have gone anywhere

Agree. Sort of muddled thinking that the club seem to make a habit of this season.

FF and Winnall in some sort of altercation, FF gets a fine and dropping and then its Winnall who is let go.

1 minute ago, Owl999 said:

Another tremendous decision by Carlos .

I think this is very unfair. At the time of the Transfer window, we were crying out for a goal scorer. Winnall was scoring seemingly at will for Barnsley in the Championship. Rhodes was proving to be unavailable despite the desire for him at S6  Carlos took the decision that any sane man would take - he got Winnall cheap. Then at the last minute, Rhodes suddenly becomes available,. What does Carlos do? He's between the two proverbial rocks. He's damned if he doesn't buy Rhodes, and if his gamble comes off he's damned if he doesn't.

At the time of Winnall's purchase, it seemed an excellent bit of pocket picking. The fault lay in purchasing Rhodes not Winnall, certainly on paper at least.

Carlos' fault lay in the way he played both players.

8 minutes ago, Owl999 said:

Fletcher and Nuhiu should be sold before Winnal 

I genuinely don't understand what that's getting at.  Fletcher is a player I like a lot for us but at his age and with the recent injury record, we won't get a fee.  There may be a case for offloading if we can, but it's most doubtful if that can happen.

Nuhiu is different.  A cheap signing made at a time when we were completely skint.  A good performer for us relative to outlay, and I suspect we could get something of a fee from a championship club.  But it's not a big strategic market deciison for us

Winnal is a strategic issue.  We genuinely have a player who in today's market might command a £10-12m fee - and a question of what we do about that when going into next season we may also have Hooper, Joao, Matias, FF, Rhodes and Fletcher (because possibly unsellable), and judgments to be made also about their fitness potential; their combination on the pitch and off it; and sale potential.