Sam Winnall

8 minutes ago, bradowl said:

£6-8m?? :tango:  Can't get in our team, can't get in Derby starting eleven.  We'll do well to get over a million for him.

I think you are barking up the wrong tree.

You honestly expected Derby with 5 class strikers who they OWN to play a guy on loan more than them??

He was signed as a matchday plan B... if they aren't doing well through on Winnall.

To think that situation is a reflection of winnalls ability or worth is nonsense.

2 hours ago, Bouncing Owl said:

Mardy, feisty and he can score goals.

However, I don’t think he’s a great all round player tho. I think he’s a mid range championship  striker. 

I think we should sell and get around £4-5million and reinvest in some pace up top.

Agree with this, about 4/5 million would be the going rate. Would like to see us go for a player who can create something for themselves, midfield don't create enough chances in my opinion.

5 hours ago, WhiteOwl91 said:

Doubt derby would sign him permanently if they went up, he's only on the bench now. Best chance of them wanting him I think is if they just miss out on going up?

Fair point. We can't really lose then. Large profit or get a fairly decent forward back in our squad. Jos might want to see him on grass. :ph34r:

• Like 1

He’s started a few games as lone striker in 4231 formation for Derby. Bearing in mind that’s Jos preferred formation I’d be shocked to see him leave. Also considering his cost and salary he’s a great first / second choice player for this position with only upside in him. 

1 minute ago, Shifty Powers said:

Disasterous bit of business by SWFC on this. Absolutely shocking.

I mean, Butterfield wasn’t even our first choice, it was Jake Buxton ffs!!

I hope to god Winnall comes back here and proves himself. 

Jake Buxton doesn't play for Derby. Hasn't for at least 2 years.

• Haha 1

Just now, Kanye West said:

Being as Jake Buxton has been at Burton since July 17 I very much doubt that lol 

Im sure Rowett said something about we couldn’t make our minds up, so we went for Butterfield instead. 

Could be getting the wrong derby player mixed up, but I’m certain Butterfield wasn’t our first choice in the deal

36 minutes ago, Shifty Powers said:

Im sure Rowett said something about we couldn’t make our minds up, so we went for Butterfield instead. 

Could be getting the wrong derby player mixed up, but I’m certain Butterfield wasn’t our first choice in the deal

I seem to remember Rowett saying summat like this in a press conference. I hope to God Butters WASN'T our first choice WTF:

1 hour ago, james o connor said:

I’d rather keep him and offload dead wood like fletcher . Trouble is there would be plenty of takers for winnall and few for fletcher 

Is Fletcher out of contract in summer?? He looks to be knackered now so blooming well hope so.

He was once a good center forward but not much use if always injured, at least with Nuhui you know he's always fit and available.

48 minutes ago, Shifty Powers said:

Bryson was.

49 minutes ago, Shifty Powers said:

Don't forget at the time of the deal we had 7 fit strikers and 2 fit CMs.

8 minutes ago, bradowl said:

Is Fletcher out of contract in summer?? He looks to be knackered now so blooming well hope so.

He was once a good center forward but not much use if always injured, at least with Nuhui you know he's always fit and available.

He was given a 4 year deal - contract runs out in June 2020.

1 minute ago, bradowl said:

:duntmatter:

Big contracts to ageing crocks is a problem.

The players out of contract this season are Loovens, Pudil, Wallace, Kieran Lee, Kean and Nuhiu.

I expect all could get released unless Lee proves his fitness and Pudil continues to play well in the left sided centre half role.

21 minutes ago, Jamie_W said:

If the suggestion he has an attitude problem is correct then we need to get rid. Last thing we need is someone destabilising the good ground work Jos has layed so far.

Not sure. I mean it doesn't seem to have affected Derby. I reckon its an easy excuse. You have to manage the players correctly. Carlos didn't do that. He had clear favourites and if you weren't one you were never seen again.

• Thanks 1