#SWFC Summer 2018 Transfer Window Rumours Thread

4 minutes ago, Sonny said:

The fact that they’ve listed George Boyd with FF and BB shows they’ve just chucked some names together. Still, we are likely to be selling some.

I'd hazard a guess that Boyd is one of the top earners TBH.

Agree, we'll need to cut the squad. I just hope it ain't the likes of BB and FF.

Edited by owlZfan84

39 minutes ago, owlZfan84 said:

I'd hazard a guess that Boyd is one of the top earners TBH.

Agree, we'll need to cut the squad. I just hope it ain't the likes of BB and FF.

Yeah fair enough, I agree. Just meant that he’s not exactly a star and wouldn’t raises fee so is the odd one out. Although I’ve read the article again and it does just say high earners.

Tbh I'd be perfectly fine selling any of the following:

Westwood - Last year of contract, we have capable replacements already on the books.

Palmer - Doesn't look like threatening Hunt. Let Baker step up.

Fox - Probably fine as back up in the back 3. But we have Thorniley, Pudil, van Aken for that left side.
Reach - Doesn't really fit anywhere, he's not a wing back. Good player for someone.

Jones - Seems done. Slow and old. Any offer should be taken.

Abdi - Would love to see him come good, but I'm not sure he's mentally up to playing here.

Hutch - Want him fit, but reality is he can't be. Better moving him on and finding a back up for JP.

Boyd - High wage and like Reach doesn't really fit anywhere.

Joao - Last year of contract, and made noises like he's going to leave. Cash in, don't lose him for nothing.
Matias - Last year of contract. Open to him staying if he can stay fit, he's looked a player in moments.

Hooper - Last year of contract. Injury prone. Can probably get decent money for him regardless.

Winnall - Nando clash. Can get good money for him. Out as soon as he's fit.

That leaves:

Dawson, Wildsmith (add an experienced 3rd choice.. Konstantopoulos?)
Hunt, Baker

No one at left back/wingback. It's the gaping hole that needs to be sorted. (Cuevas on loan from Chelsea? Greg Taylor for the future)
Lees, van Aken, Thorniley, Pudil, Nielsen (add Venancio)

Pessy, Bannan, Lee, Clare (need another 2. Petar Brlek, Ben Pearson)

Nando, Rhodes, Fletch, Nuhiu (need a pacey forward for the front 3, 2 from: Youness Mokhtar, Hakeeb Adelukan, Mohamed Eisa, Michael Johnston)

It'd be really ballsy to do all that.. so i don't think it'll all happen, but there's some really tough decisions: I like Joao and Hoops, but for the good of the club we can't let them walk for free. There's a fair bit of turn over that can happen this summer without really disrupting the starting 11.

• Haha 1