#SWFC Summer 2018 Transfer Window Rumours Thread

5 minutes ago, cookeh said:

Tbh I'd be perfectly fine selling any of the following:

Westwood - Last year of contract, we have capable replacements already on the books.

Palmer - Doesn't look like threatening Hunt. Let Baker step up.

Fox - Probably fine as back up in the back 3. But we have Thorniley, Pudil, van Aken for that left side.
Reach - Doesn't really fit anywhere, he's not a wing back. Good player for someone.

Jones - Seems done. Slow and old. Any offer should be taken.

Abdi - Would love to see him come good, but I'm not sure he's mentally up to playing here.

Hutch - Want him fit, but reality is he can't be. Better moving him on and finding a back up for JP.

Boyd - High wage and like Reach doesn't really fit anywhere.

Joao - Last year of contract, and made noises like he's going to leave. Cash in, don't lose him for nothing.
Matias - Last year of contract. Open to him staying if he can stay fit, he's looked a player in moments.

Hooper - Last year of contract. Injury prone. Can probably get decent money for him regardless.

Winnall - Nando clash. Can get good money for him. Out as soon as he's fit.

That leaves:

Dawson, Wildsmith (add an experienced 3rd choice.. Konstantopoulos?)
Hunt, Baker

No one at left back/wingback. It's the gaping hole that needs to be sorted. (Cuevas on loan from Chelsea? Greg Taylor for the future)
Lees, van Aken, Thorniley, Pudil, Nielsen (add Venancio)

Pessy, Bannan, Lee, Clare (need another 2. Petar Brlek, Ben Pearson)

Nando, Rhodes, Fletch, Nuhiu (need a pacey forward for the front 3, 2 from: Youness Mokhtar, Hakeeb Adelukan, Mohamed Eisa, Michael Johnston)

It'd be really ballsy to do all that.. so i don't think it'll all happen, but there's some really tough decisions: I like Joao and Hoops, but for the good of the club we can't let them walk for free. There's a fair bit of turn over that can happen this summer without really disrupting the starting 11.

I certainly wouldn't consider letting Reach, Joao and Hooper go.

2 minutes ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

If you take all the nuts on here and combine them with a sugar coating and treacle what you get is nut brittle with the accent on brittle.

We need to be rock solid with a concrete squad. Brittle, no matter how sweet, will simply not do !  

They sponsored us for a reason

maxresdefault.jpg

2 hours ago, owlZfan84 said:

image.thumb.png.5846f81cc51e1a6e1f0843611c146af4.png

Probably the only players they have heard of, an article with little substance IMO. 

Of course we need to sell some players, for a club who haven't really sold anyone for 3 years it's pretty bleeding obvious. However, Bannan is the last player we would sell, closely followed by FF (unless a huge bid comes in i.e. £15m+). Of those mentioned Boyd is the only one I would consider offers for and let's be fair it would be a free transfer to remove his wages from the books.

5 minutes ago, striker said:

Probably the only players they have heard of, an article with little substance IMO. 

Of course we need to sell some players, for a club who haven't really sold anyone for 3 years it's pretty bleeding obvious. However, Bannan is the last player we would sell, closely followed by FF (unless a huge bid comes in i.e. £15m+). Of those mentioned Boyd is the only one I would consider offers for and let's be fair it would be a free transfer to remove his wages from the books.

That's exactly the point regarding your first 8 words. Because no other players would stir interest as no one hardly knows them or rates the others. Two of those 3 you mention are our most  saleable assets so its makes business sense to off load those first whether we like it or not in order to balance the books..

19 minutes ago, Ethel The Tree said:

11:34

WEST HAM MUST PAY £7M FOR FABIANSKI

West Ham have been told they must cough up nearly £7m to land Swansea goalkeeper Lukasz Fabianski, The Sun reports.

Six months younger than Keiren Westwood - and not as good IMO

He was one of the best performing goalkeepers in the Premier League last season. 

Westwood’s good, but Fabianski is a different level. Fabianski could well be Poland’s number one in the World Cup. 

4 minutes ago, mike312 said:

Sorry if the popes popped it but has this been reported on here?

http://sportwitness.co.uk/sheffield-wednesday-talks-sign-benfica-player-loan-deal/

Strange that Benfica would sign a 25 year old then loan him out to England. Maybe they are like Chelsea and just like stock piling players so the opposition can’t get them 

1 minute ago, Southie_Owl said:

Strange that Benfica would sign a 25 year old then loan him out to England. Maybe they are like Chelsea and just like stock piling players so the opposition can’t get them 

It does seem a bit odd but maybe he didn't settle or fell out with the manager or something? I haven't read the detail. Would only really make sense if someone left us with the forwards we have atm imo.

To be fair. I think we are paying huge wages for a team that hasn't had a year in the prem recently.

Comfortable earners making a tidy living from Chansiri, whilst ruining our dream of progression. Our league standing clearly shows we got recruitment wrong but our wage bill clearly shows Chansiri is committed. 

Good times will come.

Just now, mike312 said:

It does seem a bit odd but maybe he didn't settle or fell out with the manager or something? I haven't read the detail. Would only really make sense if someone left us with the forwards we have atm imo.

Apparantly he only just signed for Benfica so probably not a falling out, yet.

Could be a cheap replacement for Forestieri looking at the position he plays in. 

57 minutes ago, MarkS43Owl said:

I certainly wouldn't consider letting Reach, Joao and Hooper go.

Then we'll lose Joao and Hoops for free.

And we'll struggle to get Reach in the side, because the only real place he can fit is left wing back and he's not particularly good there because he's poor defensively.