#SWFC Summer 2018 Transfer Window Rumours Thread

13 minutes ago, cookeh said:

Then we'll lose Joao and Hoops for free.

And we'll struggle to get Reach in the side, because the only real place he can fit is left wing back and he's not particularly good there because he's poor defensively.

So they have another year under contract, which can be renewed if all parties are happy.

Reach played 53 times for us last year, not bad for someone who will struggle to get into the side.

44 minutes ago, Southie_Owl said:

Perhaps, I feel with the 343 formation we could do with another forward player (not a striker) so maybe he’s just coming in to replace Wallace’s place in the squad like you say 

Aramal and Forestieri playing off a central striker, Joao.  Could be interesting

1 hour ago, cookeh said:

Reach - Doesn't really fit anywhere, he's not a wing back. Good player for someoneed

Due to our injury crisis last season Reach fitted into several positiIons to the point that he was our player of the season.

I'd rather he went than FF or BB but he's a player we should be looking to keep it at all possible.

This confirmation is from this afternoon's Mirror and may have been better before season ticket deadline  - 

"Sheffield Wednesday are facing a huge summer fire sale in a desperate battle to balance the books.

They face the prospect of losing top earners like Fernando Forestieri, Barry Bannan and George Boyd as the Championship club struggle after a disappointing season.

Wednesday put players on big contracts to try to win promotion but they finished in 15th and will now have to trim the squad.

Wednesday boss Jos Luhukay is facing a challenging season ahead and it comes just a week after it emerged that Aston Villa are facing major cutbacks after missing out on promotion."

1 minute ago, fred mciver said:

This confirmation is from this afternoon's Mirror and may have been better before season ticket deadline  - 

"Sheffield Wednesday are facing a huge summer fire sale in a desperate battle to balance the books.

They face the prospect of losing top earners like Fernando Forestieri, Barry Bannan and George Boyd as the Championship club struggle after a disappointing season.

Wednesday put players on big contracts to try to win promotion but they finished in 15th and will now have to trim the squad.

Wednesday boss Jos Luhukay is facing a challenging season ahead and it comes just a week after it emerged that Aston Villa are facing major cutbacks after missing out on promotion."

It's not confirmation - just a story from some hack.

1 hour ago, mogbad said:

Due to our injury crisis last season Reach fitted into several positiIons to the point that he was our player of the season.

I'd rather he went than FF or BB but he's a player we should be looking to keep it at all possible.

I see what you're saying, but it's sort of the problem with him.

He seems to be decent wide left. And he's decent in center mid. He's can fill in at left wing back if we're desperate..

but..

Nando's so much better wide left it's crazy.

Bannan and Lee are so much better in center mid.

Left wing back isn't where i'd want reach 24/7 based on his performances there previously.

Ok those were under Carlos, and Jos seems to get more out of people, but I'd much rather we signed a player who can actually defend to play in what is primarily a defensive position.

What I'm saying is, I don't see how Reach gets into our best 11.

And if he doesn't.. well he was a 5 million quid player a couple of years ago and we need to keep FFP in mind.

11 minutes ago, cookeh said:

I see what you're saying, but it's sort of the problem with him.

He seems to be decent wide left. And he's decent in center mid. He's can fill in at left wing back if we're desperate..

but..

Nando's so much better wide left it's crazy.

Bannan and Lee are so much better in center mid.

Left wing back isn't where i'd want reach 24/7 based on his performances there previously.

Ok those were under Carlos, and Jos seems to get more out of people, but I'd much rather we signed a player who can actually defend to play in what is primarily a defensive position.

What I'm saying is, I don't see how Reach gets into our best 11.

And if he doesn't.. well he was a 5 million quid player a couple of years ago and we need to keep FFP in mind.

Why is Nando so much better wide left?..is he good crossing the ball?..better than Reach?..dont think so.

Edited by jack whitham

48 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

If any of this offloading turns out to be true, can we expect a sizeable reduction in match day ticket prices, and perhaps some sort of rebate for s a son ticket holders?

Why would we? No one buys their season ticket depending on the profile of the players left in the stands.

40 minutes ago, Anthndav said:

George Boyd a top earner.... Haha good one!

Be surprised if he wasn't far off. Can down from being a 1st choice in the Prem, on a free.

both of those things suggest we'd be paying a fair old whack in wages.

1 hour ago, cookeh said:

Why would we? No one buys their season ticket depending on the profile of the players left in the stands.

And not many clubs get fans to complete surveys to find out how much they want them to spend on the squad and then charge season ticket prices depending on the results.