#SWFC Summer 2018 Transfer Window Rumours Thread

9 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Maddison at Norwich, price tag quoted at £25m in one of the rags this morning 

Nearest we have to his quality would be Forestieri .... if he hadn’t spent majority of last season injured im pretty sure we would be taking in some massive bids for him this summer 

Was thinking the same earlier regarding FF. He's a goalscorer, and a box of tricks to boot. Should be worth a fortune. I wonder if his injury in a strange way might have actually helped us?

I guess time will tell 

1 hour ago, marshy said:

Was thinking the same earlier regarding FF. He's a goalscorer, and a box of tricks to boot. Should be worth a fortune. I wonder if his injury in a strange way might have actually helped us?

I guess time will tell 

In terms of the chances of him still been our player next season I think it definitely has 

Does anyone thing there will be any signing before

1. Players report back for Pre-season

2. Club finally confirm Pre-season friendlies

3. The new shirts are announced

4. Lord lucan comes back from the dead lol

• Haha 2

46 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Does anyone thing there will be any signing before

1. Players report back for Pre-season

2. Club finally confirm Pre-season friendlies

3. The new shirts are announced

4. Lord lucan comes back from the dead lol

1 To 3 Don't be so bloody stupid man !!!!

Are you mad ?

lol

• Haha 3

Next season is the last chance for a lot of these players, I think we'll hang on to most of them & if we don't make it to the PL a lot of them will be sold or released next summer. In a strange way the injury ridden season we just had has probably extended the life of a few at this club, we've written last season off and decided to put it all on this season - win or bust (maybe an unfortunate choice of words considering finances).

15 hours ago, Royal_D said:

Maddison at Norwich, price tag quoted at £25m in one of the rags this morning 

Nearest we have to his quality would be Forestieri .... if he hadn’t spent majority of last season injured im pretty sure we would be taking in some massive bids for him this summer 

Coming back as well as he did after a long injury will have made him of interest to a number of cubs I would have thought, i'd be amazed if some fairly large bids didn't come in for him - Hope we turn them down though.

Guest wilyfox
6 minutes ago, bigash_swfc said:

Umar Sadiq. It's happening. Striker on loan at Nac Breda last season from AS Roma. Big lad.

Jos has connections at Nic Nac Breda, hence setting up our friendly. Nailed on. Possibly.

HP or Tommy K?

- hang on a minute, I've been whooshed. He's a Roma player. 

Edited by wilyfox

6 minutes ago, bigash_swfc said:

Umar Sadiq. It's happening. Striker on loan at Nac Breda last season from AS Roma. Big lad.

Jos has connections at Nic Nac Breda, hence setting up our friendly. Nailed on. Possibly.

We’ve already got a big lad upfront so I wouldn’t be so sure about this one 

13 minutes ago, Southie_Owl said:

We’ve already got a big lad upfront so I wouldn’t be so sure about this one 

I'm thinking 5-3-2 requires athletic ability.

Our traditional forwards Hooper, Fletcher, Rhodes don't have the strength of Nuhui or Joao, the pace of Matias or the ability of Forestieri. 

We've got a wealth of players to play with in the transfer market, not even mentioning Hirst and Winnall, I reckon there's room for 1 more after a tinker.