#SWFC Summer 2018 Transfer Window Rumours Thread

3 hours ago, Lombado said:

was thinking the same. For me this is the only reason they got him in with no experience but first pick of many decent prem reserves.

He is a bloody genius, though with over 150 IQ. Based on this alone, he should do well in whatever he choose to do.

39 minutes ago, room0035 said:

They have made money in transfer fees the last few years to help themselves though.

2016 £14.7m loss (£15m in transfer fees), 2017 £7.8m loss (£17m in transfer fees) 2018 ????

Without the players being sold they would be in trouble and most of the silverware they had, has gone but I would be surprised if Rowett does not return to Derby to sign a few of their players which again will help their bank balance and with FFP. I don't know how good or bad they have done this year but they are a lot better off than we are.

I'm not sure they are.

I suppose we will see this summer.

Guest Kagoshimaowl

Forestieri and Winnall to Birmingham is what I’ve just read on Facebook.  How exactly can Brum afford them? @rounduns.com

Guest wilyfox
15 minutes ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

Forestieri and Winnall to Birmingham is what I’ve just read on Facebook.  How exactly can Brum afford them? @rounduns.com

So they can fight round two? 

1 hour ago, owlZfan84 said:

He could well turn out to be a top manager, I just think the Derby job might be a step too far. To begin with.

They won't have cash to splash, and he'll need to wheel and deal in the market.

I'm not so sure a team full of kids from Chelsea, City etc are the answer for this league. 

Mick McCarthy would have been ideal for Derby. IMO.

Huddersfield did it with kids from Chelsea, and Liverpool and a couple of astute foreign loans

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

12 minutes ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

Huddersfield did it with kids from Chelsea, and Liverpool and a couple of astute foreign loans

Doesn't mean it's the recipe for success though. A lot of Championship clubs loan players from top prem sides and don't go up. 

1 hour ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Doesn't mean it's the recipe for success though. A lot of Championship clubs loan players from top prem sides and don't go up. 

It was a recipe for success for Huddersfield

You just need the right manager

• Like 1

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

4 hours ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

Even though this is totalbollox why would you even waste your time posting it??? lol

Guest Kagoshimaowl
4 hours ago, TaxiMark said:

Even though this is totalbollox why would you even waste your time posting it??? lol

Erm...this is a rumors thread.  This is a rumor regardless of how crap it is.  At least it’s on topic unlike about 15 pages of nonsense on this thread!!  Lol

Guest Kagoshimaowl
1 hour ago, Blue n White Rampage said:

Connor wickham was a great loan too

So true! Kenwyne’s 7 in 7 though takes some beating!

18 hours ago, owlZfan84 said:

He could well turn out to be a top manager, I just think the Derby job might be a step too far. To begin with.

They won't have cash to splash, and he'll need to wheel and deal in the market.

I'm not so sure a team full of kids from Chelsea, City etc are the answer for this league. 

Mick McCarthy would have been ideal for Derby. IMO.

The other problem at Derby is , the chairman, Morris interferes far to much in team selection, doubt big Mick would stand for that. Still wouldn’t be surprised to see him turn back up at Barnsley.