Pelupessy

Interesting how he seemed to "take charge" a lot of the time. Instructing colleagues where to stand, position themselves etc. Sent Matias out to the centre circle first half when we had a corner to mark their lone forward.

It was very promising.  Good positional sense.  Always communicating (that thing Lees never does even when captaining the side). 

Point at about 70' where Dawson makes a save and then a really good long kick down the left.  When play broke down he spoke to three players seemingly offering instructions, then turned to Dawson and applauded him for the kick.

The yellow was a pity but I'm afraid he had to take it.

He was OK, unspectacular but solid. You can see with the nature of his passing that he's very possession and tactical-conscious, which is good. Issue is he's still in "Holland mode", so is used to a slightly slower tempo and I think was responsible for most of his losing of the ball. But he'll learn to adapt to that. 

Good player and a steal at £400k 

6 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

He was OK, unspectacular but solid. You can see with the nature of his passing that he's very possession and tactical-conscious, which is good. Issue is he's still in "Holland mode", so is used to a slightly slower tempo and I think was responsible for most of his losing of the ball. But he'll learn to adapt to that. 

Good player and a steal at £400k 

Agree with this he did receive some terrible passes at times especially that one from Loovens that caused the booking early on, but a lot of the time he seemed to be waiting for the ball to come to him and before he knew it he was being pressed by a Reading player. Once he gets up to speed with the Championship he will be a good addition hopefully.

Edited by swfc1983

The lad did OK , few mistakes but the game as enjoyable as it was , was full of em from both sides , he worked hard and always wanted the ball and his joy at the goals was great to see , well done to him and the rest of the lads .

55 minutes ago, mogbad said:

Some decent passing & interceptions but also some poor blind passes when under pressure. Needs to get up to the pace of the English game.

He did seem a bit suprised by the pace which is understandable.

I think he will be good for us in there, showed good tenacity at times and calm on the ball. Would like to see him press them a bit more though, stood off a bit too much tonight but I'm sure it will come.

Maybe the yellow affected him though so can't blame him, he did the best he could there after Loovens hospital pass.

Edited by swfc-dan

40 minutes ago, Bulldog said:

Interesting how he seemed to "take charge" a lot of the time. Instructing colleagues where to stand, position themselves etc. Sent Matias out to the centre circle first half when we had a corner to mark their lone forward.

Interesting didn't notice that, but promising to see him bring that leadership over already.

Considering he's been put straight into a depleted side I saw enough to think that he will be a consistent performer.

His speed of thought is good, as is his desire to win challenges.

Played some intelligent balls at times and with better players around him think he will improve.

Faultless no, promising yes.

Edited by Rhubarb n Custard