Pelupessy

Did well. Made a couple of poor passes but I can’t think of anyone who didn’t tonight. Very poor standard from both sides in parts. 

Didn’t help that Loovens dropped him in it thus picking up an early yellow card. 

Hes obviously going to play the holding midfield role of a 3 and he certainly seems more mobile and aggressive than Jones or a Butterfield, so all in all looks promising. 

1 hour ago, mogbad said:

Some decent passing & interceptions but also some poor blind passes when under pressure. Needs to get up to the pace of the English game.

This ^^^^.

Looked like he's used to having time on the ball which you don't get in England in the Championship. He'll be ok if he can adjust his game though.

As some have alluded to it's probably the best example you'll ever see of "needs to get up to speed with the English game"....personally I thought the game went on around him and as such not enough involvement to take too much from it as to how he looked

Dunno if it was obvious from other stands, but from the north it looked like he was absolutely delighted when he came over to clap the fans (one of the first players to do so tonight I may add). That sort of enthusiasm is exactly what we need in the team, and have for a bit IMO. 

It's infectious too...

4 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

Dunno if it was obvious from other stands, but from the north it looked like he was absolutely delighted when he came over to clap the fans (one of the first players to do so tonight I may add). That sort of enthusiasm is exactly what we need in the team, and have for a bit IMO. 

It's infectious too...

It certainly is.

I would try to send Butterfield back in all honestly forget about Winnall just send JB back

Thought he did ok. As some have said solid not spectacular. Took one for the team with the yellow (Loovens' pass was criminal) and did well then not to do anything daft and pick up a second yellow. Few misplaced passes but I think he was just following others in this respect. Even in our worst performances under Carlos I'm not sure  can remember us needlessly giving the ball away so often especially when  not under pressure. Not a dig at JL - hardly his fault certain players couldn't seem to pass 10 yards in a straight line tonight.  

22 minutes ago, Ian said:

As some have alluded to it's probably the best example you'll ever see of "needs to get up to speed with the English game"....personally I thought the game went on around him and as such not enough involvement to take too much from it as to how he looked

Hopefully both Pelupessy and Van Aken can help each other to settle into life in England and adapt quickly to the Championship.

In the end, he (and Van Aken, for that matter) have come from a country in which they play football in a different way.

It's unrealistic to expect them to just instantly adjust to the pace and physicality of this league.

It will probably be next season before we start to see the best of them.

6 hours ago, Musn't Grumble said:

This ^^^^.

Looked like he's used to having time on the ball which you don't get in England in the Championship. He'll be ok if he can adjust his game though.

Thats a total myth tbh

If you’re good enough - especially your touch and awareness - you can have all the time you want. 

For close to home examples just how much time Lee and Bannan have compared to Hunt and Fox, despite the latter playing in a much less congested area of the pitch

Everyones covered his debut game pretty much spot on.

But the most positive aspect for me was his personality. He was laughing and joking before the game, taking the Mick out of himself during it after giving ball away and was like a kid in a sweet shop afterwards. First to start the applause round the stands and second last to leave. He loved it!!! 

Edited by Semedo's ferret

9 hours ago, thewookieisdown said:

It was very promising.  Good positional sense.  Always communicating (that thing Lees never does even when captaining the side). 

Point at about 70' where Dawson makes a save and then a really good long kick down the left.  When play broke down he spoke to three players seemingly offering instructions, then turned to Dawson and applauded him for the kick.

The yellow was a pity but I'm afraid he had to take it.

Saw that, actually thought at the time it was for the save itself Dawson made in the passage of play before.

i think he was a bit rabbit in the headlights 1st 20 mins not helped by the yellow (not his fault).  After the team as a whole settled down after we scored , he got into the game and broke play up well and did the job expected of him.

hard job to do especially in a weaker side than we would usually expect to see.  One  of our problems was the lost the midfield very early , a Bannan and Lee combo in front of him would be a huge help for that role.