Rodwell

People willing to take a hugely expensive gamble on players like Rodwell and Ravel Morrison (saw him mentioned on FB) remind me of that bit in Only Fools And Horses when they're talking about the batch of dodgy video recorders they've been lumbered with that don't work on the UK mains supply, and Trigger then pipes up with "I'll have one Del". 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, room0035 said:

I notice today Sunderland have by mutual consent cancelled the £60,000 a week contract he was on.

He came through at Everton and looked the real deal from a young age, he was the sort of hard working midfielder we are crying out for, but like Sterling, Delph and a lot of players went for the big paycheck at Man City and barely played for 2 years. Then signed for a struggling team in Sunderland and he just has not worked out for him.

We cannot offer the salary he is on but would he be worth the risk of say £20,000 a week with a bonus if we get promoted this season or next. At his best he is a £10-20m players in today's prices and at 26 years old he is not in his prime yet.

For me I think he is worth the risk, no fee and has the quality and would fit into our new system playing one of the two holding roles.

No. You've also answered your own question by stating the word 'playing' - he doesn't. We already have Abdi stealing a wage, he may get jealous if another permanently injured player comes in and muscles in on his medication. We don't need another player made of balsa wood.

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, Andrew6666 said:

No. You've also answered your own question by stating the word 'playing' - he doesn't. We already have Abdi stealing a wage, he may get jealous if another permanently injured player comes in and muscles in on his medication. We don't need another player made of balsa wood.

So that a no from you then?WTF:

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Players we signed in the last 3 season.

Bannan - reserve team player at Palace not good enough for the first team (22 games in 2 years - 1 goal)

Hooper - injury prone striker not good enough for the first team

Hutch - career finished the Stuart Gray gave him a chance

Lees - free agent Leeds didn't want him and was woeful in 6-0 thrashing and for about 18 months before Leeds got rid

Westwood - Crock, never fit 19 games in 3 years 

Do you put time aside each day to make this sh*t up or does it just roll naturally as you sit down at the keyboard?

Lots of Sunderland fans (the ones who aren't just absuing him 24/7) have genuniely questioned whether his mental health is ok. Lots speculating that he's just completely lost his bottle and doesn't actually want to be a footballer any more. Would be a colossal risk, and I doubt it'd be a welcome move in the dressing room whatever he's on. Definite no way Jos(e) from me.

2 hours ago, Adem Poric said:

I like this approach. Sign everyone who was once a better footballer than you.

Squad's already running into the billions, won't make much difference. 

2 minutes ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

Would you say he was head and shoulders above you?

Hard to say, I stayed away from him after he made a couple of our midfielders reconsider all their life choices.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, alanharper said:

People willing to take a hugely expensive gamble on players like Rodwell and Ravel Morrison (saw him mentioned on FB) remind me of that bit in Only Fools And Horses when they're talking about the batch of dodgy video recorders they've been lumbered with that don't work on the UK mains supply, and Trigger then pipes up with "I'll have one Del". 

Ravel, now plying his trade in the all-star Mexican league.

2 hours ago, room0035 said:

Does it matter Hutch is a crock but he when plays is our best player

Hoopers injury record is very poor but again one of our best players

Fessi has in 2 and a bit season missed over a full season for injury so let get rid - no wait a minute he is our best player.

Looven/Lees regularly only available for half a season because of injuries less get rid.

Modern football is a squad game players rarely play 30+ games in a season now, with the right manager would he improve our squad definitely. 

But do I know if he has been fit and not played no, does he have other none football issues - probably.

We don't have the money to go out and buy the players we need, so we need to look at broken players we could make into the players we need. Or give youth a chance, i hope we give youth a chance. 

It does matter Hutchinson is a crock , we should get rid as soon as possible . 

Hooper , we get enough out of him 

forestieri , happily see the back of him 

loovens should retire and unfortunalty I think lees had it too 

we don’t need other teams dross , we have enough of our own 

Not for me but worth a gamble for other clubs absolutely. 

Don't forget how talented he once was, only injury & lack of confidence has ruined his career in recent years. Considering he's only 26, if you could negotiate maybe a 18month deal on a wage similar to the rest of your squad and if his attitude is good why not?

https://www.transfermarkt.com/jack-rodwell/verletzungen/spieler/57079

Season injury from until Days Games missed
16/17 Hamstring Injury Nov 3, 2016 Dec 31, 2016 58 days 9Sunderland AFC
15/16 Wound Dec 31, 2015 Jan 12, 2016 12 days 2Sunderland AFC
13/14 Thigh problems Sep 23, 2013 Oct 24, 2013 31 days 6Manchester City
12/13 Hamstring Injury Mar 4, 2013 Apr 8, 2013 35 days 5Manchester City
12/13 Hamstring Injury Oct 11, 2012 Jan 17, 2013 98 days 20Manchester City
11/12 torn tendon Feb 6, 2012 Mar 1, 2012 24 days 2Everton FC
10/11 Ankle injury Sep 9, 2010 Dec 6, 2010 88 days 14Everton FC
09/10 Achilles tendon problems Dec 31, 2009 Jan 28, 2010 28 days 5Everton FC

Looked like a world-beater when he was young, but his injury record speaks for itself.