Rodwell

4 hours ago, room0035 said:

I notice today Sunderland have by mutual consent cancelled the £60,000 a week contract he was on.

He came through at Everton and looked the real deal from a young age, he was the sort of hard working midfielder we are crying out for, but like Sterling, Delph and a lot of players went for the big paycheck at Man City and barely played for 2 years. Then signed for a struggling team in Sunderland and he just has not worked out for him.

We cannot offer the salary he is on but would he be worth the risk of say £20,000 a week with a bonus if we get promoted this season or next. At his best he is a £10-20m players in today's prices and at 26 years old he is not in his prime yet.

For me I think he is worth the risk, no fee and has the quality and would fit into our new system playing one of the two holding roles.

Yeah , lets sign another player coming to the end of his career ,who has not done owt for years and pay him a fortune. 

We have enough of those already 

1 minute ago, S36 OWL said:

Yeah , lets sign another player coming to the end of his career ,who has not done owt for years and pay him a fortune. 

We have enough of those already 

26 is coming to the end of his career our whole squad is buggered then.