Rodwell

Guest RocketOwl
25 minutes ago, room0035 said:

I notice today Sunderland have by mutual consent cancelled the £60,000 a week contract he was on.

He came through at Everton and looked the real deal from a young age, he was the sort of hard working midfielder we are crying out for, but like Sterling, Delph and a lot of players went for the big paycheck at Man City and barely played for 2 years. Then signed for a struggling team in Sunderland and he just has not worked out for him.

We cannot offer the salary he is on but would he be worth the risk of say £20,000 a week with a bonus if we get promoted this season or next. At his best he is a £10-20m players in today's prices and at 26 years old he is not in his prime yet.

For me I think he is worth the risk, no fee and has the quality and would fit into our new system playing one of the two holding roles.

Only on owlstalk.

Have all of our first team out injured so let's sign the countries Most injury prone player / good one. 

Just now, SiJ said:

Haven’t you continually chastised our owner/club for wasting money?

Look £20,000 a week now is what £10,000 was a few season back, that is how much football has moved on in 18 months, half of our current squad are on more than £20,000 a week. So in today's terms it is a top 10 championship wage, no fee and he is looking to re-establish himself in football. I personally think it would be worth the risk.

He can't be any worse than Abdi who cost us £4m and is on a lot more than £20,000 a week. 

4 minutes ago, room0035 said:

We haven't signed any one yet I think we are looking at two end of contract players in Holland one left back and one central midfielder.

There has been no bids for any of our injured players or unwanted players.

Reading between the lines we are looking to not pay fees. 

I don't honestly know if Rodwell is a crock and has been injured a lot of he is one of those players on silly if he plays he get extra bonuses, money etc, but I look at players such as Hutch and if he was fit and well we would not have a chance of signing him but with proper management of the player he has played over 80 games or 25+ a season he is an important player who when unfit or does not play we miss him.

With the right manager ala Jos could Rodwell become one of those players or rightly or wrongly do we not risk it because of his past baggage.

On a similar basis we would have avoided Carlos as 13 clubs in 14 years don't touch him, or our new CEO what happened at Charlton don't touch her. Maybe Rodwell needs someone to give him a chance to prove himself again. 

Totally agree here ..go and play Sunday league free of charge he will no doubt be a millionaire several times over ,

If he's any good our scouting system may pick him up ....

1 minute ago, RocketOwl said:

Only on owlstalk.

Have all of our first team out injured so let's sign the countries Most injury prone player / good one. 

Is he though - Sunderland sign a lot of player on strange contracts. To sign him up with no reduction clause for relegation for a team always struggling to avoid it seems stupid at best. Would it be a surpise if he got additional bonuses for playing, scoring etc. I would not be surprised if he got paid less for not playing for Sunderland.

Guest RocketOwl
Just now, room0035 said:

Is he though - Sunderland sign a lot of player on strange contracts. To sign him up with no reduction clause for relegation for a team always struggling to avoid it seems stupid at best. Would it be a surpise if he got additional bonuses for playing, scoring etc. I would not be surprised if he got paid less for not playing for Sunderland.

lol 

Do some research - what was his excuse at Man City?

who keeps posting about us taking on a crock or someone on crazy money , we have to learn from that its got us into a big hole ,I wouldn't trust carlos with the 2p jar we was that inept about getting players in. leave it to jos I'm sure he will get hungry players in not 33 and wanting to cream us for 40k plus a week. 

1 minute ago, RocketOwl said:

lol 

Do some research - what was his excuse at Man City?

Does it matter Hutch is a crock but he when plays is our best player

Hoopers injury record is very poor but again one of our best players

Fessi has in 2 and a bit season missed over a full season for injury so let get rid - no wait a minute he is our best player.

Looven/Lees regularly only available for half a season because of injuries less get rid.

Modern football is a squad game players rarely play 30+ games in a season now, with the right manager would he improve our squad definitely. 

But do I know if he has been fit and not played no, does he have other none football issues - probably.

We don't have the money to go out and buy the players we need, so we need to look at broken players we could make into the players we need. Or give youth a chance, i hope we give youth a chance. 

34 minutes ago, Utah Owl said:

No, no, no & no!

If he can't cut it at Sunderland in the Championship what makes you think he'd be any different here? Seems he may have an attitude problem.

Exactly this.

If he wanted to get his career back on track he would be doing it whilst still at Sunderland on a £60k a week contract.

He's finished, went for the big money move and it failed. 

Guest RocketOwl
4 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Does it matter Hutch is a crock but he when plays is our best player

Hoopers injury record is very poor but again one of our best players

Fessi has in 2 and a bit season missed over a full season for injury so let get rid - no wait a minute he is our best player.

Looven/Lees regularly only available for half a season because of injuries less get rid.

Modern football is a squad game players rarely play 30+ games in a season now, with the right manager would he improve our squad definitely. 

But do I know if he has been fit and not played no, does he have other none football issues - probably.

We don't have the money to go out and buy the players we need, so we need to look at broken players we could make into the players we need. Or give youth a chance, i hope we give youth a chance. 

Wow. 

1 minute ago, Skyline said:

Exactly this.

If he wanted to get his career back on track he would be doing it whilst still at Sunderland on a £60k a week contract.

He's finished, went for the big money move and it failed. 

Thats pretty much ever British football that signed for a premiership team in the last 5 years written off then.

Remember Scott Sinclair - cracking players at Chelsea married to the bird of Corrie, went to Man City for big money - didn't play for 2 years - England career gone - now at Celtic banging the goals in will be back in the Premier League in the next 12 months making Celtic millions. 

2 minutes ago, RocketOwl said:

Wow. 

It was an idea with our current financial constraints, it won't happen at he will end up at a lower end Premier league team, £20-30k a week is nothing to them if he can be half the player he was at Everton.

My prediction is Bournmouth or Burnley will snap him up and make him into a useful player