Portuguese players doing better without Carlos

1 hour ago, torryowl said:

how do people know that carlos was poor at man management ?..........has anyone met him , have they spoken to players who have been slagging him off ?.......we know chansiri & bullen who have worked with him spoke very highly of him, semedo who seems a decent character was a fan of him . I've never heard any player past or present speak ill of him .swansea you'd think would have had feelers out to know what carlos is like and if the feedback was he couldn't handle players then it's strange they snapped him up so quickly ............so someone tell us what they've heard that makes carlos poor at man managing  his players .   

He was a fraudster that stole a living from us. He got found out with his boring negative football. His preparation was poor which players have recently confirmed regarding fitness. As for Semedo being such a great fan, he couldn't even get in touch with him when he had second thoughts about bringing him back for this season. The whole McGugan issue wasn't handled very well either along with hanging Rhodes out to dry after the play off semi-final.

6 minutes ago, torryowl said:

sorry I thought we were discussing his man management skills or lack of   ....I thought he'd run out of ideas this past year but never once did I think that part of his makeup was poor ......

Really?

I don't know where to start

I'm staggered you can look past the man management side of a manager who'd frozen out most of his players, got the entire first team on pretty much an all out strike, said in press conferences that once the first teamers are back the ones currently playing would have no chance of a game and who allowed players to just rock up when they wanted for 'training' that would last about the same duration as an episode of Coronation Street

I really don't think you're being serious

I really don't

Owlstalk Shop

9 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Really?

I'm staggered you can look past the man management side of a manager who'd frozen out most of his players, got the entire first team on pretty much an all out strike, said in press conferences that once the first teamers are back the ones currently playing would have no chance of a game and who allowed players to just rock up when they wanted for 'training' that would last about the same duration as an episode of Coronation Street

I really don't

This all day long, Neil some people are just in denial of the ground truth .

12 minutes ago, Ronnie Starling said:

How many players improved under his coaching? 

A question I've been asking on here for ages. And I'm not sure I can name one, TBH. 

He's massively mis- managed quite a few of our players imo. But the most glaring example of very poor man management was winnall after Barnsly away.

Edited by Almat

2 hours ago, FreshOwl said:

It’s been 1 game, against Carlisle at home lol some of our fans get way ahead of themselves 

Couldn't agree more

Only time wil tell whether Jos is any better than what's gone before. So many false dawns.

As for Matias and Joao, whilst both clearly have ability, they also have their limitations and I suspect that neither would warrant a start if all else were fit and playing to their potential. (Hope I'm wrong and they both end up world beaters mind,)

3 hours ago, vulva said:

Disagree. In the first 2 years, he was one of the best. The players have let him, and the club down, when the right thing to do was freshen the squad up. We rewarded a number of senior players with new fat contracts, and they’ve taken the foot off the peddle. Everyone in the club got far too comfortable. 

Agree to a point. The second year tho Carlos wanted to be defensive and he will say it worked as we finished 4th but did it ? We were lucky and if we’d have gone out attacking we could have pushed top 2.

Agree with the freshening up point we did the opposite of what was required with players and management 

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

Really?

I really don't

Well said.

The man was a complete fraud who got lucky in his first season, thanks to the foundations laid by Stuart Gray.

After that it went downhill and he was found out. 

I went to Preston, and at full time went on the club's twitter and said "please sack him now" as I knew this season would be a disaster if he stayed.

Then he goes and spouts all that bobbar about it being his destiny to manage Swansea....... cannot stand the slimeball.

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

Really?

I really don't

Don't really go for that bit, I think rather than out on strike they were more or less all unfit.

4 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Carlos had many failings and players just refused to play for him because of them.

He took us all for a right ride

Worth noting there's absolutely nothing to support this rubbish opinion, and ample evidence to the contrary.

But hey, we've managed one win against Carlisle in two tries.

lol

Edited by Indoor Owl

2 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Really?

I really don't

Or was it big time billy players on day contracts starting to take the mick. I think Carlos was probably too guilty of trusting a group of players who had served him very well. 

Hindsight is a wonderful thing, but maybe a squad that failed twice should have been dismantled. Maybe we weren’t brave enough as a fanbase to allow the likes of Lee, Lees, Westwood and Hutchinson etc walk away. 

And I maintain the underlying issue that soured the whole of last season was FF refusing to get on that coach, pre Norwich.