Portuguese players doing better without Carlos

2 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Really?

I don't know where to start

I'm staggered you can look past the man management side of a manager who'd frozen out most of his players, got the entire first team on pretty much an all out strike, said in press conferences that once the first teamers are back the ones currently playing would have no chance of a game and who allowed players to just rock up when they wanted for 'training' that would last about the same duration as an episode of Coronation Street

I really don't think you're being serious

I really don't

Of course you've got proof of that...shall we all hold our breath...come on Owlstalkers after three...one... two...   lol 

Just now, daveyboy66 said:

Of course you've got proof of that...shall we all hold our breath...come on Owlstalkers after three...one... two...   lol 

It's like you have a little alarm that goes off when I post so you can jump in with some sad bitter comment.

What a life that must be

Owlstalk Shop

3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

It's like you have a little alarm that goes off when I post so you can jump in with some sad bitter comment.

What a life that must be

No I just read threads like everyone else...I love the ironic ambiance of your posts lol 

Do some just listen and still hear what Carlos was telling them.

The truth is in what we see, not what he constantly told us. Our performances were very poor second season and people like me got stef for mentioning it. 'Can't scapegoat players, why criticise when winnng etc'. Everything that's come out of the club since he left such as the physical state of the players, his training methods, having his favourites, admitting he couldn't motivate anyone in the squad outside his preferred 7-8 core players. The injuries on the whole are down to him, his coaches and medical staff he demanded. 

The telling thing many believe is injuries cost him his job because he said so. Where in reality injuries weren't that bad until his last couple of games. Injuries that were worsened by Carlos. Performances and results were poo before that.

Hate to say it but he was embarrassing come the end. He made lots of huge mistakes and we will be paying for them for at least another season after this. I'm hoping we stay up so it won't punish us further. 

Everyone now has a clean slate and that can only be a positive for most our squad. I just can't get my head around the Carlos love in. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, daveyboy66 said:

i would hazard a guess that neil  knows/could tell us a lot more than any of us could even dream of knowing.... enough to make your hair curl (although not his own ,obviously) :ghoulguy:

11 minutes ago, brian joicey said:

i would hazard a guess that neil  knows/could tell us a lot more than any of us could even dream of knowing.... enough to make your hair curl (although not his own ,obviously) :ghoulguy:

I know that getting rid of Carlos was the best thing that we could have done by far, and should have happened 18 months ago in hindsight

Owlstalk Shop

3 hours ago, Owl999 said:

This all day long, Neil some people are just in denial of the ground truth .

i'm not in denial coz I don't know what went on between carlos and the players and I suspect i'm not alone in that respect .....not one of us knows what his man management skills  are like but that doesn't seem to stop the people speculating ........ if someone says he a crap manager who plays negative football I can understand that coz we've seen it with our own eyes but to come out with questioning him on his man management or the players were glad to see him go and the entire 1st team going on strike without  a shred of evidence coming from the only people who'd know , (the staff) I find a bit strange .

5 minutes ago, torryowl said:

i'm not in denial coz I don't know what went on between carlos and the players and I suspect i'm not alone in that respect .....not one of us knows what his man management skills  are like but that doesn't seem to stop the people speculating ........ if someone says he a crap manager who plays negative football I can understand that coz we've seen it with our own eyes but to come out with questioning him on his man management or the players were glad to see him go and the entire 1st team going on strike without  a shred of evidence coming from the only people who'd know , (the staff) I find a bit strange .

do you not think that players are bound by contract to stay silent (for a period of time) ? otherwise mr.mcgugan would have been telling all and  sundry about his time at watford and swfc ???

13 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

If you go to a restaurant and your plate comes, and on it is half frozen food, with too much gravy on there, half your order missing, and a few dog hairs in it safe to say that you could assume that the chef's cooking skills weren't great

But you still know nothing about his man management skills.

2 minutes ago, brian joicey said:

do you not think that players are bound by contract to stay silent (for a period of time) ? otherwise mr.mcgugan would have been telling all and  sundry about his time at watford and swfc ???

I like you don't know the answer to that ......what I do know that lots of players have spats with various managers and when that happens they usually engineer a move away .....none of ours seemed to want to do that . ..we all know that if a player falls out with the manager his agent puts the word and they usually get a move . not happened here ......I find it strange that everytime we offer a contract renewal the players always seem keen to sign it . you'd think if they were unhappy they'd be off for pastures new asap . 

7 minutes ago, torryowl said:

I like you don't know the answer to that ......what I do know that lots of players have spats with various managers and when that happens they usually engineer a move away .....none of ours seemed to want to do that . ..we all know that if a player falls out with the manager his agent puts the word and they usually get a move . not happened here ......I find it strange that everytime we offer a contract renewal the players always seem keen to sign it . you'd think if they were unhappy they'd be off for pastures new asap . 

or the money is good, their kids are settled,their missus likes the area etc ?  

6 hours ago, torryowl said:

how do people know that carlos was poor at man management ?..........has anyone met him , have they spoken to players who have been slagging him off ?.......we know chansiri & bullen who have worked with him spoke very highly of him, semedo who seems a decent character was a fan of him . I've never heard any player past or present speak ill of him .swansea you'd think would have had feelers out to know what carlos is like and if the feedback was he couldn't handle players then it's strange they snapped him up so quickly ............so someone tell us what they've heard that makes carlos poor at man managing  his players .   

Just a couple of things that spring to mind.

Outing jordan rhodes for not taking a pen

Saying in pre season that FF would be used from the left and the ensuing debate about his abiltity to do the defensive work etc. - should have been sorted before and not open to debate

His explanation of Matias v Hull. "He deserved to play...but we played 442 and he is better  in 433"... we changed at half time to 433 which suits him better so subbed him

He had really lost the plot a la Dave Jones by the end.

1 hour ago, jonesy87shef said:

Do some just listen and still hear what Carlos was telling them.

The truth is in what we see, not what he constantly told us. Our performances were very poor second season and people like me got stef for mentioning it. 'Can't scapegoat players, why criticise when winnng etc'. Everything that's come out of the club since he left such as the physical state of the players, his training methods, having his favourites, admitting he couldn't motivate anyone in the squad outside his preferred 7-8 core players. The injuries on the whole are down to him, his coaches and medical staff he demanded. 

The telling thing many believe is injuries cost him his job because he said so. Where in reality injuries weren't that bad until his last couple of games. Injuries that were worsened by Carlos. Performances and results were poo before that.

Hate to say it but he was embarrassing come the end. He made lots of huge mistakes and we will be paying for them for at least another season after this. I'm hoping we stay up so it won't punish us further. 

Everyone now has a clean slate and that can only be a positive for most our squad. I just can't get my head around the Carlos love in. 

This and in the same sentence he implied that he would have been happy to field the play off final team every week and that he had been unable or didn't see the need to strengthen it.

Don't get me wrong I had believed until fairly late on that CC could turn things around by changing the tactics but I was wrong. I would however have made the change a month or two earlier than we did.