Portuguese players doing better without Carlos

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Don't want to go into it as I'll be accused of negativity at a time when we have a fresh start but there is a big reason the players went out and played like they did that stemmed from what happened in the dressing room just before the game.

Not Carlos related then. Did they want Bully gone.

lol

how do people know that carlos was poor at man management ?..........has anyone met him , have they spoken to players who have been slagging him off ?.......we know chansiri & bullen who have worked with him spoke very highly of him, semedo who seems a decent character was a fan of him . I've never heard any player past or present speak ill of him .swansea you'd think would have had feelers out to know what carlos is like and if the feedback was he couldn't handle players then it's strange they snapped him up so quickly ............so someone tell us what they've heard that makes carlos poor at man managing  his players .   

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, torryowl said:

how do people know that carlos was poor at man management ?..........has anyone met him , have they spoken to players who have been slagging him off ?.......we know chansiri & bullen who have worked with him spoke very highly of him, semedo who seems a decent character was a fan of him . I've never heard any player past or present speak ill of him .swansea you'd think would have had feelers out to know what carlos is like and if the feedback was he couldn't handle players then it's strange they snapped him up so quickly ............so someone tell us what they've heard that makes carlos poor at man managing  his players .   

Do agree with you on the whole which is why I upvoted you. however be interesting to hear Mcgugan or Urbys take on Carlos.

2 hours ago, Siggijonsson said:

One of the oddities about Carlos' management was his rejection of our three Portuguese players. Now he's gone they all seem to be back in favour and playing well. Very strange.

Are they only getting a chance because of lack of team avaliable and then they playing well to keep the place it’s not cause they back on favour

Think anyone watching game from an independent perspective would say it was an organised and functional wednesday performance against a very ordinary Carlisle side and resulted in a comfortable win.

However if anyone had shown me that team sheet less than a month ago before any sort of competative game I would have feared the worst and felt sorry for the lads making debut. The team included just about all of those who get the brunt of criticism on here.  It is not just Portugese players who have had up turn in fortunes it is the entire squad (at least all those that have played) and this is unusual. The only explanation I could find for improvement on this scale is we are now playing as a team not as individuals. 

The individuals on the pitch last night i would have thought had probably never played together as a team and would not have had much practice in that formation but it worked. i know teams usually get a lift when a new manager comes in but considering situation I was really impressed with what team achieved last night.

31 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

You're joking right?

not really ....you tell me how you know he's bad at man management ..... you'd think if he's as bad as some say then players would be slapping transfer requests in or certainly getting on to there agents to get them away from Hillsboro . .....we've had some very sellable assets in the likes of westwood;lees.bannan.lee. hooper, FF,reach and yet apart from the FF spat which he handled very well not a peep out of any of them . ...just because he doesn't pick certain players on a regular basis it doesn't follow that means his man management is poor . 

47 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

Do agree with you on the whole which is why I upvoted you. however be interesting to hear Mcgugan or Urbys take on Carlos.

I think it's more interesting that they havnt said anything ........

6 minutes ago, torryowl said:

not really ....you tell me how you know he's bad at man management ..... you'd think if he's as bad as some say then players would be slapping transfer requests in or certainly getting on to there agents to get them away from Hillsboro . .....

WOW... 

This is bizarre

It's like you've not played any part in life for the last 18 months

lol

Owlstalk Shop

2 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

The last eighteen months Carlos was the Jay Bothroyd of Wednesday managers 

That's why for the last 18 months some of us posters on here were saying Carlos wasn't the man to get us promoted and that he'd taken us as far as he could .

• Like 1

Just now, torryowl said:

so cant tell me then .....

I've no need to simply bring up the overwhelming and mountainous list of reasons or obvious results of Carlos management

It's been discussed to death recently

I find it utterly bizarre for anyone to still be trying to suggest that Carlos did anything other than take us for a massive ride

Owlstalk Shop

2 hours ago, james o connor said:

I stand corrected this is the most wrong anybody could be. We were crap before the injures that Carlos part created happened 

I agree.

Like i've said before the PNE game in August sums up our last 18 months under CC.

Fully fit squad, fresh from pre-season..

And we looked as flat as a fart

2 hours ago, Lincs Owl said:

OK.  That's your opinion.  This seasons a write off, but I'd be more than happy if Jos stays another 2 seasons and emulates Carlos by taking us into the playoffs twice.  

How did Carlos part create injuries, incidentally?  That's a new one

Think you could argue that players like Lee and Hutchinson might not be injured now if CC had not insisted they play when not fully fit last season. Guess we will never know though.

I am sure new Portuguese medical staff are all fully qualified and competent at their jobs but does annoy me that decent people who had been at Wednesday a while were sacrificed because CC wanted to shift blame on to them.

3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I've no need to simply bring up the overwhelming and mountainous list of reasons or obvious results of Carlos management

It's been discussed to death recently

I find it utterly bizarre for anyone to still be trying to suggest that Carlos did anything other than take us for a massive ride

sorry I thought we were discussing his man management skills or lack of   ....I thought he'd run out of ideas this past year but never once did I think that part of his makeup was poor ......