Portuguese players doing better without Carlos

14 minutes ago, brian joicey said:

or the money is good, their kids are settled,their missus likes the area etc ?  

it could be but it just as easily could  be the players are happy with the manager and playing for him ...we don't know do we 

8 hours ago, pazowl55 said:

My view on it is things just went stale for Carlos this season and after two very good seasons which ultimately ended in disappointment he should have gone after the Huddersfield game and Chansiri will probably look at that now and feel the same. Think that was probably when the players stopped believing he is the one to get us promoted aswell.

As for him not playing players who are now performing. Every manager in every job will have his favourites and Carlos was very rigid in his style of play so some players were never going to get a look in.

Would we be top 6 now without the injuries. Maybe. last two seasons would say so. Carlos has a set of say 12-15 players he really relyed upon after that he was on his own. Problem is those 12-15 players this season decided he wasn't the man for them anymore.

And as much as I can see all of Carlos's failures this season the players are as much to blame as him for this shocking season we have had so far. Don't believe me then watch the Burton match, Carlos had nothing to do with that.

Carlos lovely man but, as in many walks of life, the more you see of someone's work the more you get the full picture. And with Carlos, from the Huddersfield match onwards,  it was obvious that he was too defensive and playing with withdrawn wingers ordered to stay back and cut in made the defensiveness worse.

A string of wide players were acquired last season and, like Reach and Wallace, were under orders to cut in and not to sprint down the wings. Even last season he was saying he wanted the opposition to have the ball,  in home matches,  so he could deploy his defensive breakaway tactics. Probably a bit too Spanish/Portuguese for the Championship. Mind you, he did not bring in the players from what we understand so the sub par signings were not his fault.

There will be debate that will rage for a good while longer with regards to Carlos. He was a good manager for us. Yes there were negatives with him and those negatives in the end led to a parting of the ways. He wasn't flexible enough in his thinking, too stubborn at times, lost his rag on the touchline more than he should've and his main failing IMO that he didn't give some players or youngsters a fair crack of the whip. Who knows if he had, we might have been pushing for the play-offs again this season and he'd still be here?

12 hours ago, vulva said:

Disagree. In the first 2 years, he was one of the best. The players have let him, and the club down, when the right thing to do was freshen the squad up. We rewarded a number of senior players with new fat contracts, and they’ve taken the foot off the peddle. Everyone in the club got far too comfortable. 

I think Carlos changed tactics and coached their natural game out of them in my opinion.