A bad press.....?

Fans and club reputations  

181 members have voted

1. 1. Do fans really represent the clubs they follow?

• Yes. Like or not when people go to games they represent the club.
    • No. They're individuals and should be dealt with as such.

I couldn't possibly comment as I haven't seen the lyric lolI will say this though, Wilder had a bigger platform prior to and after the match and as manager he did himself no favours at all. Embarrassed himself and his players, they will be nodding and winking amongst themselves that they have a nutter in their midst. Us fans are allowed to be off the peg occasionally. 

Edited by nevthelodgemoorowl
ommision

It won’t be long until we have row monitors in the stands. The last seat in each row will be a moderator and anyone who says anything that is remotely offensive will either be ejected from the ground or will have to agree to take a PC awareness course until they are appropriately sanitised.

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, Lord Snooty said:

Cracking result again the blunts.

The main thread on here since though has been violence and today The Star leads with.... (picture below). 

Does negative press that the club receives via fan behaviour affect you in any way?

Stir emotion of any kind?

Or is it water off a ducks back and part and parcel?

Do you think about the club when attending games in terms of your own behaviour?

Have your ever confronted or reported anyone because you felt they were damaging the clubs image?

2018-01-15 21.43.19.png

Did this "woman" mention anything But bottles on the pitch in her "superb" piece of journalism. 

Name calling far worse than violent and dangerous behaviour. 

"Rude chants"

FFS grow up who cares. 

"Mummy he just called me a naughty name" 

"son your 10 now, grow up and get on with things" 

Guest Kameron

I fail to see how the chants were sexist, they were aimed at one individual in relation to her alleged behaviour.  

Personally i find blagging yer way into hotel rooms to shag semi conscious young women, whilst yer mates stand outside the window filming far more disgusting behaviour.

8 hours ago, brian joicey said:

P!ss ,flares and bottles thrown but name calling is the bigger issue... welcome to the nanny state 2018 :ghoulguy:

Exactly this.

its just the latest fad - sexist comments and transgender issues - yet people still keep getting actually physically hurt.

In London, dozens of people have been stabbed and had acid thrown on them in the past year - yet Sadie Khan makes gender prejudice his focus. 

At the match Friday there was urine thrown from the stands and a bottle just missed a player - there were fire works being thrown outside which burn at a thousand degrees - yet this journo backed up by Caborn go for the ‘rude chants’.

I don’t agree with the Wilder chants but The Star are just going along with the cultural mores of the day - the journalist probably thinks it will get a route into the BBC.

10 hours ago, Lord Snooty said:

How do we draw the line between banter and genuinly out of order? 

Does it have to be law?

Are we more understanding these days. More aware? More educated?

Or are we becoming soft and too easily offended?

That article, the reporter and the people quoted are the biggest disgrace!!

I was in the away end and I never heard a thing!!!

I can imagine a few lads may have sang something of poor taste during the match, but to call it a chant and tar everyone with it is ridiculous.

All this article has done is to stir emotions between the 2 sides even further 

The Star should be pretty embarrassed and if I were Bullen I’d be less than happy with his partners contribution to all of this 

This obsession of the blunts to throw their own urine at defenceless Wednesdayites below them in the Bramall Lane end, does each seat ticket in that stand come with a free fully loaded bottle or are they given a supply of empty ones? Also could we not turn the tables on them at our place and give them only the bottom of the Lepp, sell upstairs to our lot, at least we’d be getting our own back, so to speak! Owlsman’s LHTD could be delivered in person over the balustrade “and poo on the bar stewards below!” Always liked that song!WTF:

So typical of attitudes today. Posted in another thread the conversation I had after the game, where a blade was being all uppity about the song. I asked if he didn't find the naming of a rape victim, and the support of a rapist in football chants slightly more offensive? His reply was that didn't matter as Evans is now officially an innocent man. Of course they knew that would be the outcome five years after chanting it!

10 hours ago, modboy said:

I have no idea why grown men felt the need to sing such sings about a child, grim and embarrassing

9 hours ago, Hitcat said:

And creepy.

Nail on the head. Singing songs about schoolgirls.

Shame on the others trying to condone it.

7 hours ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

I couldn't possibly comment as I haven't seen the lyric lolI will say this though, Wilder had a bigger platform prior to and after the match and as manager he did himself no favours at all. Embarrassed himself and his players, they will be nodding and winking amongst themselves that they have a nutter in their midst. Us fans are allowed to be off the peg occasionally. 

A laughing emoji. "Allowed off the peg occasionally".

You should read the article, you're mentioned in the comments section for your previous comments.

Edited by Geoffrey