Jos Luhukay

1 minute ago, Ever the pessimist said:

My big worry is the players - will they respond to such a left field appointment? They bloody well should do regardless as it’s their job but I sense some egos and lack of inclination at present.

I think players like Lees, Lee, Hutch, Reach, Hooper, Fletch and Bannan could flourish under him. Hard workers that follow instructions. 

Just a shame most are injured!

13 minutes ago, vulva said:

This will go one of 2 ways, and next Friday is pivotal. Win, and he will achieve legendary status, and buy himself a fat contract for a few years. 

Lose, and lose badly, and that result, in his first game, will stick with him like a fat bird with gout and leakage, in Magaluf.

I don't know. Unless we got absolutely hammered (and maybe even then), I actually think most people would be relatively understanding if we lost, given our injury list, our poor form, the fact that we're away, they're above us in the table, they've already beaten us this season, etc. I do think it would be useful if either us or Middlesbrough could win in the Cup this weekend, which would mean our game against them on the 27th being postponed. 

The Championship has become one of the toughest leagues in the world. With all due respect to Bundesliga 2, any manager coming into this league, half way through a season, non knowing anything about the players etc would be a massive gamble in my opinion. Especially to a club that's in a bit of free fall at the moment.

4 minutes ago, RocketOwl said:

This is the new CEO doing imo.

Stop kidding yourselves that this I s a good idea. It's clear we just needed a manager who knows English football. Especially now giving our league predicament.

When she took over at charlton I believe they got rid of Powell and then appointed a series of continental bosses. From memory Jose Riga, Bob Peeters and another one from Holland. 

I cannot believe anyone would want this manager. I would even prefer Steve McLaren to this guy.

How absolutely f*****n predictable.

2 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Any decent young Germans he might be able to get a hold of on loan? 

Anyone know if he's mates with klopp too? Would love to get that Ben Woodburn on loan here under Sunderlands noses

He was assistant to Heynckes before so maybe we'll see some loanees come from Bayern :ph34r:

Joking aside, on the face of it, it's a ridiculous appointment. The place just needed babysitting for a few months. I'd love to understand the logic behind this one, and I just can't see any middle ground here. It's either a stroke of absolute genius, or a huge mistake that could backfire massively. 

Either way, you've just got to get behind the bloke, the team and the club, and cross your fingers. 

Just now, A12owl said:

I must admit to being puzzled about this appointment if it has actually happened.

If Wikipedia is right then this bit of information on his most recent job in 2016 is a bit worrying .

The meetings between Chansiri.Ice Queen and Mr Tasche could be interesting.

VfB Stuttgart

On 17 May 2016, he was appointed as the new head coach of VfB Stuttgart.[14]

After conflicts with club chairman Jan Schindelmeiser, Luhukay resigned as coach with immediate effect on 15 September 2016.[15] He had a record of three wins, no draws, and two losses.[16]

Well if he repeats that it'll be our best run for months at least

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, RocketOwl said:

This is the new CEO doing imo.

Stop kidding yourselves that this I s a good idea. It's clear we just needed a manager who knows English football. Especially now giving our league predicament.

When she took over at charlton I believe they got rid of Powell and then appointed a series of continental bosses. From memory Jose Riga, Bob Peeters and another one from Holland. 

I cannot believe anyone would want this manager. I would even prefer Steve McLaren to this guy.

He pissed on the same cornflakes of yours as rhodes too?

3 minutes ago, vulva said:

Joking aside, on the face of it, it's a ridiculous appointment. The place just needed babysitting for a few months. I'd love to understand the logic behind this one, and I just can't see any middle ground here. It's either a stroke of absolute genius, or a huge mistake that could backfire massively. 

Either way, you've just got to get behind the bloke, the team and the club, and cross your fingers. 

Very much this

4 minutes ago, vulva said:

It smacks of Mr Chansiri bowing down to an advisor, that advisor quite seemingly being Katrien, given his nationality and agent.

2 minutes ago, vulva said:

Chansiri is amazing. I hope that he has considered what will happen to his investment if this goes t i t s up and we get relegated. I hope he realises that the big name players we have will be out of the door like a shot if that happens and the effects that will have on finances. Talk about all or nothing.

:duntmatter: