Jos Luhukay

10 minutes ago, bradowl said:

3 Promotions to the bundesliga. European contacts. Unlimited potential for songs and jokes playing on the name lucky. muck star 'tache that we can all copy. Certain to win penalty shoot out in playoffs. Never been sacked for using a brolly in the rain. Whats not to like? :CEO:

Oh and probably Germany for pre season. lol

Sounds good to me Brad . 

3 minutes ago, TaxiMark said:

To be fair those clubs hes managed have a big fanbase ...hertha berlin get over 40k every week 

It couldn’t be further from what we are as a club. Recent experience of Champions League football, 70k stadium, massive capital city to draw on, cheap tickets...

Worlds apart from us.

1 minute ago, Will69 said:

It couldn’t be further from what we are as a club. Recent experience of Champions League football, 70k stadium, massive capital city to draw on, cheap tickets...

Worlds apart from us.

Maybe but until last season they hadn't been in Europe for donkeys years. They were underachievers and had yoyo'd from 1st to 2nd division. Always been a sleeping giant. 

1 minute ago, Will69 said:

Worlds apart from us.

If we get pushing at the right end of the league you will see our gates shoot up .

We are still regarded as a big club in english football ..its not like hes took the burton or barnsley job is it ?

Jos Luhukay's 5 training theses. 

1. Winning builds team spirit
2. Tactics stand or fall on preparation 
3. Playing 5/6 different systems is nonsense
4. We are not here to have fun
5. If the players are happy doing something, they do it better

Via Bild / @LovellLowdown. #swfc

add that in with the disciplinarian & leadership - exactly what we need

never thought I'd say it but genuinely excited! 

I would be interested to see what his win rate is in the Bundesliga 2nd tier rather than the overall one. Only on the basis that it is difficult to judge or take into account the % in the top league as (like in England) there is great(er) disparity in budgets and skill level.

38 minutes ago, kristmace said:

I can't believe so many are dismissive. Research his record and it's actually very impressive...

Year

Team

League

Position

Notes

2006-7

Borussia MG

Bundesliga 1

18th

Relegated. Took over in February with the club already bottom.

2007-8

Borussia MG

Bundesliga 2

1st

Promoted.

2008-9

Borussia MG

Bundesliga 1

15th

Sacked in October with the club struggling against relegation

2009-10

Augsburg

Bundesliga 2

3rd

Losing play off finalists

2010-11

Augsburg

Bundesliga 2

2nd

Promoted.

2011-12

Augsburg

Bundesliga 1

14th

2012-13

Hertha BSC

Bundesliga 2

1st

Promoted with record points tally.

2013-14

Hertha BSC

Bundesliga 1

11th

2014-15

Hertha BSC

Bundesliga 1

15th

2015-16

Unemployed

2016-17

Stuttgart

Bundesliga 2

1st

Only managed them for first 5 games.

2017-18

Unemployed

"Briefly Jupp Heynckes (3x Bayern boss, Bundesliga and UCL winner) co trainer at Gladbach, made his name initially as a trusted asst to many bigger coaches, also Huub Stevens.  Gladbach were relegated from Bundesliga after he took over from Heynckes but he led them straight back up as champions. Promoted three times to Bundesliga, twice as champions (record points with Hertha), once as runners-up.  Style of play would not be pretty or expansive. Known for organised, dour stuff but that was mainly working with average players at Augsburg who he led to promotion in 2011 and kept them in up.

His Hertha Berlin side played 4-5-1 but scored most of their goals against 2.Bundesliga's lesser teams. His sides are renowned for good defensive records... presume lots of clean sheets.  Gained reputation for an expert at promotions from 2.Bundesliga so he left Augsburg to go to capital city club, Hertha. Naturally he won promotion at the first attempt as champions but don't recall over expansive, attractive football.  Took the job 2016 at Stuttgart in 2.Bundesliga who had just been relegated, won three of first five games but left post early with reports of differences of opinons with DOF.

If I had to sum up, it may not be pretty but players will put in a shift for him. But if you have an overload of flair players from carlos c, it may be bad news for a few.  On the face of it, pretty sound record. That relegation at Gladbach can be explained as he took over a poor side during winter break. I am surprised he has been out of work for so long (Sept 2016).  "I don't like laziness" - Jos is a disciplinarian and considered a canny tactician Along with three promotions, also got Augsburg to playoffs but lost out to Ilkay Gundogan's Nuremberg in 2010.  

Jos Luhukay's 5 training theses:

1. Winning builds team spirit

2. Tactics stand or fall on preparation

3. Playing 5/6 different systems is nonsense

4. We are not here to have fun

5. If the players are happy doing something, they do it better

Mark Lovell - ESPN Bayern Munich Correspondent | Sports Journalist Translator | Bundesliga Football Writer

Worth pointing out too that Jos Luhukay has managed clubs with big attendances -- Hertha Berlin averaged 40k, Gladbach have a capacity of 54k. Don't be fooled into thinking he managed "little clubs" - Augsburg also averaged 30k. #swfc

Couple more nuggets on Jos Luhukay via @guek62 who followed him closely at Augsburg. #swfc When he was a player his team was almost completely wiped out in an air disaster... he was injured and didn’t travel - therefore he now prefers to travel by train.

One more nuggets on Jos Luhukay via @guek62. #swfc He is Dutch but opted to do his coaching badges in Germany, so doesn’t view himself as a Dutch trainer. Safety-first coach with conservative tactics. Often man to man marking; strong leadership and a disciplinarian

Dale Johnson - Editor at ESPN FC

I can see people missing stuff due to the fast moving nature of the thread and double posting tweets about him.  I rolled up Mark Lovell's tweets into one paragraph above, a few from Dale Johnson, along with kristmace's great little history table!  

• Thanks 1

I know he is Dutch, but there are far more jokes available if he were German. I'm just going to pretend he's German. 

Can you imagine us going 1-0 at Carlisle, and him barking the word 'RETREAT' in a thick Bavarian accent. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

This will go one of 2 ways, and next Friday is pivotal. Win, and he will achieve legendary status, and buy himself a fat contract for a few years. 

Lose, and lose badly, and that result, in his first game, will stick with him like a fat bird with gout and leakage, in Magaluf.

• Haha 2