Jos Luhukay

1 minute ago, Watto said:

I am very worried if this guy does become our next manager , Chansiri has completely lost the plot , could this week get any worse ?

Why worried? His CV is excellent if you look beyond the fact he has no Championship experience. I think it might just be a shrewd appointment.

He is obviously not a yes man (last job), exactly what we need.

3 minutes ago, Will69 said:

It smacks of Mr Chansiri bowing down to an advisor, that advisor quite seemingly being Katrien, given his nationality and agent.

There's no way on earth DC had anything to do with this appointment. This in itself gives me hope not just for the manager but for all future decisions involving swfc

Guest Arnold
5 minutes ago, Watto said:

I am very worried if this guy does become our next manager , Chansiri has completely lost the plot , could this week get any worse ?

Why? Who would you have chosen? 

Guest RocketOwl
3 minutes ago, stocksyuto said:

Your goin to hate him then because he plays 1 upfront and that will probably be rhodes lol

If he drops Rhodes I'll give him benefit of doubt. If he plays Rhodes as a lone striker he's clueless 

Looks like aggressive, attacking football is not the remit

Luhukay’s style of play is more painful to watch than enjoyable, but it’s more enjoyable to win games. I’m tired of losing and will happily take boring soccer to get back to the top flight.”

8 minutes ago, Owls77 said:

Why worried? His CV is excellent if you look beyond the fact he has no Championship experience. I think it might just be a shrewd appointment.

He is obviously not a yes man (last job), exactly what we need.

He will have to be a yes man to work under DC 

9 minutes ago, RocketOwl said:

This is the new CEO doing imo.

Stop kidding yourselves that this I s a good idea. It's clear we just needed a manager who knows English football. Especially now giving our league predicament.

When she took over at charlton I believe they got rid of Powell and then appointed a series of continental bosses. From memory Jose Riga, Bob Peeters and another one from Holland. 

I cannot believe anyone would want this manager. I would even prefer Steve McLaren to this guy.

He resigned his last job in Germany because someone upstairs we tinkering in the transfer market and he didn't want them...so he jacked.

Powell at Charlton was sacked and 5 others followed because someone was foookin about buying and selling players whom they wanted to keep or didn't want.

The CEO at Charlton was responsible for appointing coaches and buying and selling players.

She juggles an annual budget of millions of pounds, but is also responsible for the buying and selling of players - while dealing with agents, media, club staff and fans on a regular basis.

One of her first tasks was to deal with the overall management of the club, which she said "was in a mess".

Sounds like a German Howard wilkinson. If his record was here rather than Germany, with three promotions to the prem, we would be fairly happy I think. I like that he sounds like he doesn't take any bobbar. I don't like the fact I know sweet fa about the German league, but that's my fault. Could go either way this one. If it happens I will back him, and I hope he does well, as I'm sure we all do.

9 minutes ago, Arnold said:

Why? Who would you have chosen? 

A manager with championship experience is what we needed right now not a massive gamble on a bloody unknown Dutchman who's never managed outside Germany 

Guest RocketOwl
2 minutes ago, sherlyegg said:

He resigned his last job in Germany because someone upstairs we tinkering in the transfer market and he didn't want them...so he jacked.

Powell at Charlton was sacked and 5 others followed because someone was foookin about buying and selling players whom they wanted to keep or didn't want.

The CEO at Charlton was responsible for appointing coaches and buying and selling players.

She juggles an annual budget of millions of pounds, but is also responsible for the buying and selling of players - while dealing with agents, media, club staff and fans on a regular basis.

One of her first tasks was to deal with the overall management of the club, which she said "was in a mess".

We really are in a worrying phase here.

How has it come to this. Chansiri seemed so normal - not beating Hull could be more costly then we first thought.

1 minute ago, RocketOwl said:

We really are in a worrying phase here.

How has it come to this. Chansiri seemed so normal - not beating Hull could be more costly then we first thought.

I'm still hoping this is all a wind up and Pearson or someone of that ilk is going to be unveiled tomorrow. 

His record basically makes him look like the Dutch Steve Mclaren. He's managed a bunch of 'sleeping giants' in the second tier and presumably had a relatively large amount of money to work with compared to the rest of the division.

I don't know if he's ever given an interview to the Dutch media in a ludicrous Yorkshire accent but now's his chance.   

Edited by owlinexile
  • Haha 2