Jos Luhukay

18 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

I really don’t understand why people say this,  what championship experience did Wagner have ?? 

For every Wagner there is a Solbakken, Zenga, Sannino, Dijkhuizen, Riga, Poortvliet, Milanic who come from obscurity and fail to adapt getting their team into trouble and never seen again. It’s not a certainty that this will happen here but it’s a valid concern when the appointment comes over half way through the season and when the latest press conferences have had players suggesting the new guy needs to know the league. 

Edited by Bluesteel

11 minutes ago, Will69 said:

You may wish to start at the first page and rethink this statement. From the very first post people have been “negative” though I’d prefer to call it baffled or cautious.

Are you drunk?

No mate. There was some, but majority have been positive about appointing a coach with a proven promotion record.

Only in the past 15 pages or so have the negative nancys come on to try and spoil the day

1 minute ago, Bluesteel said:

For every Wagner there is a Solbakken, Zenga, Sannino, Dijkhuizen, Riga, Poortvliet, Milanic who come from obscurity and fail to adapt getting their team into trouble and never seen again. It’s not a certainty that this will happen here but it’s a valid concern when the appointment comes over half way through the season. 

Yep, fair points , I’m just sick of having to look at everything negatively 

this bloke has got a decent CV, I know nothing about him , like I knew nothing about Carlos and all the things getting said now got said when Carlos got the job 

he’s got my backing, and I’m not gunna lie I’m half excited to see what he’s got to give us in terms of tactics 

2 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

No mate. There was some, but majority have been positive about appointing a coach with a proven promotion record.

Only in the past 15 pages or so have the negative nancys come on to try and spoil the day

Böllocks.

3 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Yep, fair points , I’m just sick of having to look at everything negatively 

this bloke has got a decent CV, I know nothing about him , like I knew nothing about Carlos and all the things getting said now got said when Carlos got the job 

he’s got my backing, and I’m not gunna lie I’m half excited to see what he’s got to give us in terms of tactics 

Any manager here will have my backing until they prove they’re not up to it.

There is an excitement element to the unknown and the record he has for sure, but I just think any manager needs time and he may be up against it more than most. It’s less about the actual manager and more about the timing and decision making process for me.

3 minutes ago, 2roland2 said:

Its a fans forum buddy, not everyone thinks it's a great appointment, some do some don't that's it really. 

Im not sure I think it's a massive gamble we probably didn't need to take if we go this way but if it works great, if it goes th other way then we are in the bobbar big time. 

Time will tell I guess. 

Of course I get theres differing opinions.

Some seem to be going over the top with their negativity though. Usual suspects who constantly criticise the club!

16 minutes ago, oldtawnyowl said:

The Premier League is full of foreign managers who had no experience of the English leagues

when they first arrived.

Lots of them are doing OK now.

Give the bloke a chance FFS.

They probably arrived in circumstances far better than ours.

Of course I will give him a chance - we have no choice in the matter..all I am saying is that it is a risky appt and time is against him. 

Guest Willow Owl
27 minutes ago, owls maniac said:

For every David Wagner there is a Felix Magath. I’m actually astonished how risky this is, more proof that DC is playing with his Dad’s money.

Every appointment is risky no matter who it is. How do you come to the conclusion it is his Dad's money with no actual proof. 

Why can't we just give the guy achance before having him out to dry. 

33 minutes ago, Bagarri said:

Remember Guy Luzon at Charlton? No, nearly me neither...same kind of appointment!

Afraid, looks like we're heading down the Charlton/Blackburn route of ruined by foreign owners who know nothing and refuse to learn/adapt.

Hardly,  luzon former clubs and apart from standard L was all in isreal I think this bloke has managed way bigger sides.

5 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

For every Wagner there is a Solbakken, Zenga, Sannino, Dijkhuizen, Riga, Poortvliet, Milanic who come from obscurity and fail to adapt getting their team into trouble and never seen again. It’s not a certainty that this will happen here but it’s a valid concern when the appointment comes over half way through the season. 

To be fair, looking at his career I think it's a little unfair to compare him to those. They were truly obscure and had very little success at levels much lower than this guy.

He's at least been somewhat successful, and managed consistently, at a level not too dissimilar to ours. 

Of course it's a gamble and compared to some of the more established names in this country who we could have appointed, it seems a very strange decision (if it's even true). Hopefully it pays off.

2 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Good! Use your aggressive feelings, boy. Let the hate flow through you.

I used all my aggressive feelings up when I murdered my dog.

1 minute ago, Royal_D said:

Remy Reijnierse and Olaf Jansen were his assistants at Stuttgart,  RR was Dutch U21 coach and picked Van Aken in 2015 

St Pauli!

A proper club them.

1 minute ago, steelcityowlsfan said:

Didn't we have similar reactions/thoughts when we appointed CC and he took us to within 90 minutes of the PL. 

Yep, one to keep in mind this for all the flappers