Jos Luhukay

Guest RocketOwl
1 minute ago, WayneTheOwl said:

I'm still hoping this is all a wind up and Pearson or someone of that ilk is going to be unveiled tomorrow. 

Me too mate

1 minute ago, RocketOwl said:

We really are in a worrying phase here.

How has it come to this. Chansiri seemed so normal - not beating Hull could be more costly then we first thought.

I agree, it's looking like a plan B to me.

Though we must give the guy a chance. I'm sure he will walk if too much interference from upstairs....unless the carrot is massive. Time will tell.

10 minutes ago, sherlyegg said:

He resigned his last job in Germany because someone upstairs we tinkering in the transfer market and he didn't want them...so he jacked.

Powell at Charlton was sacked and 5 others followed because someone was foookin about buying and selling players whom they wanted to keep or didn't want.

The CEO at Charlton was responsible for appointing coaches and buying and selling players.

She juggles an annual budget of millions of pounds, but is also responsible for the buying and selling of players - while dealing with agents, media, club staff and fans on a regular basis.

One of her first tasks was to deal with the overall management of the club, which she said "was in a mess".

It was the chairman who was meddling with the team at Charlton not Meire. Powell didn't play loan players. She just sacked Powell at the chairman's request for not playing those players.

Edited by Birley Owl 1867

Remember Guy Luzon at Charlton? No, nearly me neither...same kind of appointment!

Afraid, looks like we're heading down the Charlton/Blackburn route of ruined by foreign owners who know nothing and refuse to learn/adapt.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Who's his agent? You do know he's Dutch don't you? Katrien is Belgian

His agent is a law sports firm, from the same background as Katrien. Katrien also has many links to Holland.

Keep up.

Edited by Guest

11 minutes ago, Watto said:

A manager with championship experience is what we needed right now not a massive gamble on a bloody unknown Dutchman who's never managed outside Germany 

I really don’t understand why people say this,  what championship experience did Wagner have ?? 

3 minutes ago, Bagarri said:

Remember Guy Luzon at Charlton? No, nearly me neither...same kind of appointment!

Afraid, looks like we're heading down the Charlton/Blackburn route of ruined by foreign owners who know nothing and refuse to learn/adapt.

Luhokay’s CV is far superior to Guy Luzon’s. It is also much more impressive than Wagner’s was when he first showed up at Huddersfield. 

Edited by Shezza

6 minutes ago, Bagarri said:

Come on, it's nowhere near the same other than that they're both foreign. Luzon's record consisted of a few years in Israel and a season and a bit with Standard Liege. None of the other managers Charlton appointed under Meire had anything like Luhukay's record either.

And thank you Shezza for making exactly the same point :)

Edited by Sova

6 minutes ago, Will69 said:

His agent is a law sports firm, from the same background as Katrien. Katrien also has many links to Holland.

Keep up.

Like how all the negatives come out when everyone has gone to bed lol

I don't care who hired him tbf. He has a good record, willing to give him a chance. Not gonna hang myself over it anyway

1 minute ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Like how all the negatives come out when everyone has gone to bed lol

I don't care who hired him tbf. He has a good record, willing to give him a chance. Not gonna hang myself over it anyway

You may wish to start at the first page and rethink this statement. From the very first post people have been “negative” though I’d prefer to call it baffled or cautious.

Are you drunk?

1 minute ago, Sova said:

None of the other managers Charlton appointed under Meire had anything like Luhukay's record either.

That's not the point though....it's the worry about who's doing the appointing. Not many managers will like that, well good ones won't

3 hours ago, Earlsfieldowl said:

It’s going to be him - am resigned to it.

Reasonable record and fewer clubs than CC but another left field appt who has no experience of the English leagues.

If true DC had better pray he gets away with it or he is going to find his tenure here gets increasingly fraught and very quickly too. 

Hope it works but have a very bad feeling about it.

The Premier League is full of foreign managers who had no experience of the English leagues

when they first arrived.

Lots of them are doing OK now.

Give the bloke a chance FFS.