Wednesday 'want Sam Winnall back from Derby County'

2 minutes ago, HelloThere said:

We thought the same with Chris Martin but the rules about season long loans changed and the parent club no longer seems to have the automatic right to recall a player without the club he is currently at agreeing to it.

And, regrettably, this ,I feel, is the correct way.The loan system is not meant to be a way of players getting experience/game time, but a way of a lesser club being able to strengthen its weaknesses.

When the swap occurred, CC obviously felt he had an abundance  of strikers, but was weaker in defence. Unfortunately, it is proving as I have long advocated, maintained during our recent run of 'no attempts at goal', and still maintain. The defence is CRAP. What is the point of wasting efforts on goalif we are going to leak like a sieve at the back. Look at the period when we had a run of clean sheets. Who was invariably the MOM -the Keeper. In other words it was Westwood at that time who was keeping us in the game NOT the defence! 

Doubt we'll get Winnall back and it wouldn't surprise me if they didn't put in a cheeky offer to sign him (say 2 million) as we need some cash to avoid FFP concerns. They can,however, wait till the summer.

Good thing that Butterfield's move was just a loan with an option to buy rather than a permanent one. He is contracted to Derby for another season, I believe. If I were them I'd give him away and even then I wouldn't want us to sign him. He's cost us goals this season without making any assists or scoring himself. Waste of a shirt IMO. 

29 minutes ago, Buxtongent said:

Regrettably, Johnny, I have to agree with you. And it's not all management's fault.!

Winnall was 'snatched ' from a side where he was scoring goals, playing regularly, adored by the fans, and taken a few miles to a side which obviously wanted Jordan Rhodes (Management & Fans) who seemed the cream but  unavailable. I think almost everyone, management & FANS considered him a second best option. 

He was then asked to play a different role from the one he had adopted. The fans didnt worship him, or even take to him, let alone give him a chance to settle.

Rhodes, at the very last minute, becomes available, and is purchased.

Winnall goes from being a regular to a bench player, eventually losing that little crumb of comfort, and is sent out on a season-long loan to a side that is prepared to give him more game time, and is challenging for promotion while his own club  is in what can only be described as a state of chaos.

Forget your Blue & White beliefs and put yourself in Sam's place. What would your decision be?

This is a pretty perfect summing up of the situation, if he comes back is going to happy, no not at all.

54 minutes ago, steveger said:

I wouldn't want to come back if i was him, look how he got shafted 

Agree 100%. Why would he agree to come back here if he didn't have to? He was MASSIVELY mismanaged here and clearly had the confidence drained out of him. Scores away at Barnsley after having dog's abuse then not even in the matchday squad next match?? His scoring record in the Championship is fantastic. But gets shipped out in a swap deal for a truly terrible player. Madness. But sums us up as a club this season...

The more I see of Sheffield Wednesday the more I come to the conclusion you are on the same path as us but a season behind;

We both got to Wembley and arsed it up

Followed it up with high expectations and another failed playoff attempt

Followed that up with a season of rubbish and trying to recall a striker from a loan deal to a rival that should never have happened in the first place

If it's any consolation if I am right you are due an up turn next season! If it had to be you guys or the Blades doing well I would take you lot all day.

Loaning Winnal out was the best thing to do at the time. He wasn't in Carlos,s plans and would have been left to rot with maybe the occasional subs performance.

By loaning him out and him scoring goals we now have an asset worth probably 4/5 million.

If we could get him back great, try to tempt Derby by letting them have Rhodes as a replacement, you never know a decent team and manager may get him firing.

1 hour ago, Buxtongent said:

Regrettably, Johnny, I have to agree with you. And it's not all management's fault.!

Winnall was 'snatched ' from a side where he was scoring goals, playing regularly, adored by the fans, and taken a few miles to a side which obviously wanted Jordan Rhodes (Management & Fans) who seemed the cream but  unavailable. I think almost everyone, management & FANS considered him a second best option. 

He was then asked to play a different role from the one he had adopted. The fans didnt worship him, or even take to him, let alone give him a chance to settle.

Rhodes, at the very last minute, becomes available, and is purchased.

Winnall goes from being a regular to a bench player, eventually losing that little crumb of comfort, and is sent out on a season-long loan to a side that is prepared to give him more game time, and is challenging for promotion while his own club  is in what can only be described as a state of chaos.

Forget your Blue & White beliefs and put yourself in Sam's place. What would your decision be?

Id rather stay where I am mate. I don't know what went off between Sam and FF but it obviously caused tension amongst the team hence why he was loaned out, I think if he's made a couple of enemies here then best thing we can do is let him stay at Derby and hopefully recoup some money back to put towards other areas. Shame as I really rate the lad and think he's a proven scorer.

1 minute ago, BingleyOwl said:

I bet Rowett couldn’t believe his luck when we agreed to have Butterfield. He’s utter twaddle. I bet the management at Derby laughed heavily when they saw the replay of Butterfield giving the penalty away at the weekend!

We actually wanted him to do well for you guys so we didn't have to have him back!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Mr Farrell said:

The fact Bully doesn't know the terms of the loan, says everything we need to know how poorly our club is being run.

Wtf is that Joe bloke who never speaks doing ?

Has anyone even seen him at the club ?

I believe he’s only on the “commercial” side not the football side of the business..