Wednesday 'want Sam Winnall back from Derby County'

1 minute ago, Mr. Tom said:

Didnt see yours before I posted mine. Totally this. Beggars belief.

It just makes me think... Who was negotiating these deals? 

Did Carlos just say he was happy to have Winnall leave and Butterfield come in and that was the end of it?

Was the chairman left to decide the details of the deal from our side and then not share these with the next bloke in charge?

To me this is just another example of the clusterfuck that was our Head Coach/Chairman combo and no bu*ger else...

It's ok though, because Katrien is here now!

:duntmatter:

36 minutes ago, Albertowl said:

Feel really sorry for Bully, but the fact that he clearly stated that he didn't know what the arrangement was, i find staggering. That it would appear the the club has not up until now thought about it "the club would need to look into it", is even more staggering.

That was my initial thought. - Crazy.

9 minutes ago, Johnny Concrete said:

Who's to say Winnall even wants to come back? He's currently playing in a promotion chasing team, scoring goals and at a club with whole better atmosphere in general. If we were to recall him chances are his mood will dampen and then we have another unhappy player amongst the camp.

I wouldn't want to come back if i was him, look how he got shafted 

The only positive out of this is Bullen has recognised that the strikers he has used are not good enough.

Nuhiu is now the size of a carthorse and plods round very slowly.

Rhodes just has no acceleration and basically looks woeful,

Joao has serious fitness problems to godown with cramp after 70 minutes and be unable to recover for a game 6 days later says a tremendous amount.

If we can not get Winnall we need to try the youth they can not be any worse.

39 minutes ago, Cosby Blunkett said:

Derby Telegraph has better knowledge of loan arrangement than man in charge of Sheffield Wednesday first team.

Hangs head.

I was thinking this in the car on the way home that a senior member of the coaching staff doesn't know what the recall procedure is for players out on loan.

4 minutes ago, toppOwl said:

Could do with Winnall around to slap a few of the current under performers about.

Maybe this is what happened in the first place who knows ?

Is this why he was shipped out because the "click" didn't like his approach ?

ie strong minded old school up an at em takes no prisoners type .....

Just like his fellow team mates ?.NOT

13 minutes ago, Cosby Blunkett said:

It just makes me think... Who was negotiating these deals? 

Did Carlos just say he was happy to have Winnall leave and Butterfield come in and that was the end of it?

Was the chairman left to decide the details of the deal from our side and then not share these with the next bloke in charge?

To me this is just another example of the clusterfuck that was our Head Coach/Chairman combo and no bu*ger else...

It's ok though, because Katrien is here now!

:duntmatter:

God only knows. I was a supporter of the swap deal at the time, simply because we had five first-team strikers fit (plus Hirst Jr), and Butterfield looked like a more physically robust Bazza than an anaesthetised Potter. Fair enough, it didn’t work out that way, and turned out to be a terrible trade for us - hindisight is always 20/20 etc - but to do the deal such that your second in command on the ground knows naff-all about it is just crazy.

You couldn’t run a three-legged race like that, never mind a high-turnover corporation.

Edited by Mr. Tom

We had the same scenario when we sent Chris Martin to Fulham last season. As I understand it the recall option for the parent club was taken out and all parties now have to agree to it. Even after Martin threw a massive tantrum and went on strike, Fulham stood firm and kept him.

I can't see us letting him go as he is such a good option for us and we sure as hell don't need (or want) Butterfield back.

6 minutes ago, darra said:

A week ago Bullen was a coach why would he know chapter and verse what the details of the loan are? Rightly so he has been getting on with how to manage the team. 

This

No reason at all why bully would know any of the details of the deal. 

Someone at the club had best be looking at it though. 

6 minutes ago, Johnny Concrete said:

Who's to say Winnall even wants to come back? He's currently playing in a promotion chasing team, scoring goals and at a club with whole better atmosphere in general. If we were to recall him chances are his mood will dampen and then we have another unhappy player amongst the camp.

Regrettably, Johnny, I have to agree with you. And it's not all management's fault.!

Winnall was 'snatched ' from a side where he was scoring goals, playing regularly, adored by the fans, and taken a few miles to a side which obviously wanted Jordan Rhodes (Management & Fans) who seemed the cream but  unavailable. I think almost everyone, management & FANS considered him a second best option. 

He was then asked to play a different role from the one he had adopted. The fans didnt worship him, or even take to him, let alone give him a chance to settle.

Rhodes, at the very last minute, becomes available, and is purchased.

Winnall goes from being a regular to a bench player, eventually losing that little crumb of comfort, and is sent out on a season-long loan to a side that is prepared to give him more game time, and is challenging for promotion while his own club  is in what can only be described as a state of chaos.

Forget your Blue & White beliefs and put yourself in Sam's place. What would your decision be?

4 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

They should have no choice in it, Winnall is our player not there's.

We thought the same with Chris Martin but the rules about season long loans changed and the parent club no longer seems to have the automatic right to recall a player without the club he is currently at agreeing to it.

Is just the type of player we need now someone with a nasty streak and a genuine will to win, a player whos still fighting to see how far he can go in the game,whos not just going to be knocked of the ball all day like rhodes.

The chances you would think would be minimal but hes not playing that much for derby so for what its worth would offer him a regular starting place till the end of the season, offer derby rhodes until the end of the season in exchange and we can then mutually agree between the two clubs to drop butterfield off in the peak district somewhere and just forget about him.