Wednesday 'want Sam Winnall back from Derby County'

Completely unfair on Bullen - the guy was asked on the spot about it, clearly the club wasn't planning on bringing him back anytime soon for obvious reasons (he's never coming back - lets face it) and clearly Bullen also didn't have Google on hand to look into the situation.

Frankly, as a caretaker manager its not his job to know either - I'm sure the club knew the deal they signed at the time.

I'm all for having a moan on here, but at least guide your moans in the right direction and to the right people.

14 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Best bit is when he ends up having to come back here after helping Derby secure promotion

At least we'll have a top valued striker to sell then... to make up for the low fees we'll get for our other dead weights that have to be replaced to overhaul our squad.

If the agreement has to be mutual involving both Winnall and Butterfield that makes it even more complicated 

Still doesn’t absolve the club of not knowing the crack with whether we could recall him.....just makes me feel more sorry for LB being put in that position when the question being asked was rather obvious, given his goals for Derby.

Im still not sure what Winnall would actually do for us given we don’t play particularly to his strengths.

1 hour ago, davey_wells said:

Completely unfair on Bullen - the guy was asked on the spot about it, clearly the club wasn't planning on bringing him back anytime soon for obvious reasons (he's never coming back - lets face it) and clearly Bullen also didn't have Google on hand to look into the situation.

Frankly, as a caretaker manager its not his job to know either - I'm sure the club knew the deal they signed at the time.

I'm all for having a moan on here, but at least guide your moans in the right direction and to the right people.

100% agree

2 hours ago, HelloThere said:

We actually wanted him to do well for you guys so we didn't have to have him back!

Maybe that's how we convince Derby to say yes, we keep Butterfield.lol

In all seriousness though, it's an absolute joke that we can't recall our own player. Sums the clubs current ownership up

2 hours ago, SiJ said:

Well, he's not coming back this season...

Best bit is when he ends up having to come back here after helping Derby secure promotion :duntmatter:

Under a new manager he may get first team starts though. Who would you think Karanka would play for example if it was him, Rhodes or Winnall? 

Saying that though, who'd be easier to flog this January/in the summer. 

You are assistant first team coach at club and one of players leaves and you do not know terms of loan. if playing peripheral role you would not, but if actively involved would expect him to know. Whenyou take over you need to know what is available to you including players out on loan the fact he did not know and was trying to find out is poor should have had access to information.