Wednesday 'want Sam Winnall back from Derby County'

11 hours ago, davey_wells said:

Completely unfair on Bullen - the guy was asked on the spot about it, clearly the club wasn't planning on bringing him back anytime soon for obvious reasons (he's never coming back - lets face it) and clearly Bullen also didn't have Google on hand to look into the situation.

Frankly, as a caretaker manager its not his job to know either - I'm sure the club knew the deal they signed at the time.

I'm all for having a moan on here, but at least guide your moans in the right direction and to the right people.

As a caretaker manager he should know.

I feel for the guy. And I don't believe anyone is criticising him personally, just the lack of communication between the Chairman and the manager.

Carlos and Lee should both have been made aware of whether it was an option, as soon as the deal went through. The fact that they didn't know is staggering. Especially when you consider our current position. 

Just now, Robdylan said:

You should be asking yourself why he wouldn't have known. 

Because he didn't need to & if it had turned out he did need to he would have asked or been told...he obviously didn't ask & wasn't told, so no need.

4 minutes ago, qantas said:

Because he didn't need to & if it had turned out he did need to he would have asked or been told...he obviously didn't ask & wasn't told, so no need.

I cannot believe that you're seriously telling me that as assistant coach (now manager) he didn't need to know if it was an option or not.

He's directly involved with the squad on a daily basis, in a position of power.

WTF?

Only at Wednesday. 

There were 5 other members of Carlos' team who have also left their positions.  Bullen,  Rhodes and Thompson have got a lot to deal with and a massively increased workload on top of match days. 

They've been dropped right in at the deep end at the most congested time of the season. I expect there aren't enough minutes in the day for them at the moment. Or that's how it will feel.  

The search for the new manager goes on. Until he's installed we really have got to back these loyal club men who are working tremendously hard in the toughest circumstances for some time. 

15 minutes ago, Robdylan said:

I cannot believe that you're seriously telling me that as assistant coach (now manager) he didn't need to know if it was an option or not.

He's directly involved with the squad on a daily basis, in a position of power.

WTF?

Only at Wednesday. 

Position of power?....like calling back Winnall?...no I don't think so.........setting up training sessions organised by CC...yes I think so.

I think you're over estimating Bullen's role, he's had no real power, still hasn't, apart from picking team & tactics.

Way over the top what's being made of this.

Surely Winnall's loan T&C's would have been discussed between the now ex manager and his assistants when it actually happened? Or is the rumour that CC and his Portugese coaches only conversed in their mother tongue actually true? It's quite bizarre that the assistant manager wouldn't know the ins and outs of a loan of one of the first team players. 

Edited by Almat