Mclaren holds talks

Guest Bulgaria

I think most would agree, even fergie that schteeve is a top coach. Because of Wally with a brolly his name is ridiculed. Don't forget he made boro into a top side that reached a euro final. An ex England boss coming to Hillsborough ain't as bad as you think. Maybe it would be a good fit.

1 minute ago, Sonny said:

McClaren to head a reinstated committee after the last one was disbanded at Carlos’ behest.

Something like this. I think DC is reverting back to his original plan. He did say a while back in one of his statements, or maybe at the focus group, that he was going to stop listening to others, and just do his own thing. 

Guest Bulgaria

And you can't deny he knows his stuff. Maybe if he gets his teeth less white he could go down well at dial house club.

Edited by Bulgaria

A perfect example of how the media try and destroy someone and the general public latch on.

McClaren might not be the coolest man in the world to say the least but Derby played much better football than we did under Carlos the last year and a half. He has a proved track record and might be the man to take us forward. 

He won the Dutch league with Twente, beating Ajax and PSV and if he is appointed he deserves a chance.

2 minutes ago, Creeky shirl said:

Look on the bright side - at least he could talk to Loovens and Van Ark in their mother tongue...:wacko:

Ha. You're right! It always comes in helpful...that's why Melo, Matias, Joao & Venancio were huge successes under Carlos...

11 minutes ago, deano said:

I dont know if anyone has said this already but if talks were a few days ago with SM why would we have given Bullen the gig until early Jan? It must follow that he would be appointed before then if we was seriously interested.

Hope to god you are right!

13 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

Not saying I don't agree with you. But if it's him, it's him not much we can do about it in the short term.

Let's say he wins his first 4 games. we still going to be against him and be calling for his head.

Not happy no. But what can we do. 

Go watch the blades.

:tango:

I could flounce.

10 minutes ago, vickimarino said:

A perfect example of how the media try and destroy someone and the general public latch on.

McClaren might not be the coolest man in the world to say the least but Derby played much better football than we did under Carlos the last year and a half. He has a proved track record and might be the man to take us forward. 

He won the Dutch league with Twente, beating Ajax and PSV and if he is appointed he deserves a chance.

Spot on

Perhaps McClaren is not bothered about front line management/coaching anymore? He was only a consultant at Macaabi Tel Aviv. He maybe a good fit as a director of football or football executive? I still think DC wants a big name in charge?