Nixon tweet

18 minutes ago, tarn owl said:

Are we saying keeping a manager who knows he will be sacked is better than giving a coach one game while we hire another guy? Of course the new guy would get rid of bullen and bring his own guys in when hired. Can't see why this is such a negative thing to do.

Avoiding being negative ( but NOT being positive ) = current mire 

Only way things will change for better is with an immediate clear out of current 1st team 'coaching'/ management & allowing new appointment (& THEIR  own regime) immediate opportunity to hit the ground running without distractions like punting Bullen (et al) - unless it's Giggs / Neville or their ilk whereby the plunge continues

5 minutes ago, Geosword said:

Is there anything in the rules of the game that actually states that German Shepherds are not allowed to play in midfield?

They're quick, intelligent, fierce and will run all day.

Just the sort of midfield enforcer we've been crying out for.

Not sure about the rules, but being dead might hinder things for the dog.

Fred Dibnah also gone to the great steeple in the sky. At least he could have justified pointing up when he scored.

Only Barry Gibb stayin' alive out of that trio.

10 minutes ago, Geosword said:

Is there anything in the rules of the game that actually states that German Shepherds are not allowed to play in midfield?

They're quick, intelligent, fierce and will run all day.

Just the sort of midfield enforcer we've been crying out for.

We'd sign a really experienced German Shepherd with good pedigree. He'll play 60 minutes then out for the season. Back to Butterfield we go.

3 minutes ago, The only way is S6 said:

Fred Dibnah 

He was mad

In fact most people called Fred are a bit bonkers

5595195515_e18f3d7d52_b.jpg

Look at Fred Dinenage for instance

One year he's presenting the worlds best TV show GAMBIT and now these days he's telling everyone how he was actually best mates with the Kray Twins all along!

What a life eh!

Owlstalk Shop

17 hours ago, TrickyTrev said:

I said this would happen some time ago.

I said if Dejphon Chansiri lets the situation drift and we continue to play garbage football as our slide down the table continued, Carlos will end up getting hounded out.

It’s not something anyone really wanted to see but fans will get so fed up it could end up getting a bit nasty.

The Carlos out chants at Bolton, the banner the other night, more and more fans developing a dislike for Carlos (not only as a manager but as a person).... this will be just the beginning and the longer it takes for him to get the sack the worse it will get.

I’m in no way condoning it, it’s just why I think it’s happening now.

Precisely this.

I've met him twice when my boy asked him for a picture and an autograph and he was a real gent on both occasions and comes across as a really humble, polite, respectful guy. Some of the abuse that's been directed his way is shameful.

But..... I'm sick of the sight and sound of him now and just wish we could all be put out of our misery.

9 minutes ago, Truth is out there said:

Avoiding being negative ( but NOT being positive ) = current mire 

Only way things will change for better is with an immediate clear out of current 1st team 'coaching'/ management & allowing new appointment (& THEIR  own regime) immediate opportunity to hit the ground running without distractions like punting Bullen (et al) - unless it's Giggs / Neville or their ilk whereby the plunge continues

I don't want to keep Bullen, Let the bloody canteen staff coach the Middlesbrough game, just make the move of sacking now and then actively approach managers without it being seen as tapping up. You will get more interest if the job is actually available.

I was all in favour of clearing out current first team coaches and putting Neal Thompson in charge.However having looked at what this would mean I am now thinking not so easily done. CCs entourage includes a video analyst who is responsible for analysing opposition. Gone are the days when a chap in a cloth cap was used to watch opponents. Therefore if all Portugese coaches were dismissed (which if CC went is highly likely) a temporary manager would have no info on opposition teams, unless appointment made to fill this role. I think this is a key role in football now as many top managers bring this person with them.

The original chap that CC brought with him from Portugal quit towards end of first year and after this we have never looked as well prepared as we did previously.

Hence as we have all coachingpositions for first team filled by Portugese except mascot role played by Bullen it would be extremely difficult to appoint anyone temporary as more staff would be required.It would be extremely daft to appoint temporary team then have to appoint new managers team and also costly..

5 minutes ago, Quist said:

I was all in favour of clearing out current first team coaches and putting Neal Thompson in charge.However having looked at what this would mean I am now thinking not so easily done. CCs entourage includes a video analyst who is responsible for analysing opposition. Gone are the days when a chap in a cloth cap was used to watch opponents. Therefore if all Portugese coaches were dismissed (which if CC went is highly likely) a temporary manager would have no info on opposition teams, unless appointment made to fill this role. I think this is a key role in football now as many top managers bring this person with them.

The original chap that CC brought with him from Portugal quit towards end of first year and after this we have never looked as well prepared as we did previously.

Hence as we have all coachingpositions for first team filled by Portugese except mascot role played by Bullen it would be extremely difficult to appoint anyone temporary as more staff would be required.It would be extremely daft to appoint temporary team then have to appoint new managers team and also costly..

Maybe that analyst could point out where the opponents goal is and instruct our players to hit it.

• Haha 3

I know it's not going to happen, and I know it's a name repeatedly said on here to some disagreement... but Dean Smith from Brentford would still be my choice. He's been part of a clever recruitment system for years and knows how to coach players and, perhaps most importantly, his Brentford team are top of the league when it comes to shots per game (18). That smashes the second best team in Holloway's QPR with 14. His side also has the fourth highest possession % in the league and the most shots on target per game of any team in the league. 

Attacking, possession-based football... isn't that exactly what Chansiri wants? 

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

Never heard of him. Is he a Doyen man ?

No idea about Doyen, but he’s 40 and the current manager of CSKA Moscow and formerly at BATE as one of the youngest Managers in Europe, where he was compared to being like Arsene Wenger at the time. In style of play not eyesight I’m assuming

No chance it will be him tho I’m just throwing random names out there! 

2 minutes ago, Plonk said:

It's what we all bloody want

I know that, you know that... the issue is perhaps that the name Dean Smith isn't "sexy" enough for Chansiri. But here's the thing... he's a manager who knows the Championship inside-out who plays attacking possession-based football and is experienced as being part of a team that spends limited resources wisely... and yet I have no doubt in my mind that our owner won't even consider him. That's frightening to me

What'll be even more frightening is if the new manager (whenever he arrives, be it now or in 6 months) is on Doyen's books. If he is, I think that'll be a real indicator of just how enshrined they are in our club. If we're only going to recruit a Doyen name then I think it really is indicative of how in their pocket both our chairman and our club really are. That's even more frightening to me. 

Still, largely speculation innit. I can but judge what happens when it happens, so I won't get in any sort of flap over a bunch of stuff that hasn't happened. I'll approach everything with cautious optimism until I'm given reason to think otherwise, and hopefully CC's replacement (whenever he may turn up) will be a competent manager capable of unlocking the potential in this squad and addressing the weaknesses we've had for two years

I can't be bothered to read 10 pages of more made up stories by Nixon. The guy does not have a clue, he accurately predicts things after someone else has already released it.

Do not believe a word he write very little of it is a scoop, and most if true is already available on the web.