Nixon tweet

2 hours ago, vulva said:

The last worldwide search for a manager unearthed Mark Cooper, Carlos and Glenn Roeder. Completely left field. 

Anything could happen. We could end up with Barry Gibb, Wellard from Eastenders and Fred Dibnah. 

lol

46 minutes ago, fred mciver said:

Not sure most of above are big enough for our DC.

He'll want someone like Patrick Viera who, stuck in USA, must be well bored now to see Pep's new contract ends 2024.

And what about the Aberdeen manager everyone raves about?

Not sure the Aberdeen manager qualifies as a bigger and sexier name than most mentioned. Vieira is one I’ve suggested along with Bergkamp and Henry. Not as a team of 3 managers together tho 

Hopefully we will start to hear rumours soon of names Chansiri is trying to bring here 

If Chansiri has decided that Carlos shouldn't be in the job any longer, then he just needs to get rid and go through the appointment process from there. 

If it's true that he's keeping him in a job, just while he finds a "sexy" replacement, then it just goes to prove that Sheffield Wednesday has become one man's vanity project.

14 hours ago, TrickyTrev said:

I know some fans are sceptical of Nixon but in fairness to him, he was the first one to say Carlos was coming here in the first place... that’d be one hell of a random guess.

People think Nixon has to get his info from the club to be valid/credible

They forget that to find out that Wednesday are looking for a new manager it doesn't have to come from Chansiri but from manager agents and sports recruiters and a whole plethora of sources.

All those who think Nixon is not right on this one need only to wait a bit longer to find out

Owlstalk Shop

11 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

People think Nixon has to get his info from the club to be valid/credible

They forget that to find out that Wednesday are looking for a new manager it doesn't have to come from Chansiri but from manager agents and sports recruiters and a whole plethora of sources.

All those who think Nixon is not right on this one need only to wait a bit longer to find out

That's all I can say

I'm not jumping to any conclusions, but I'm off to bet on the next championship manager to be sacked. Not related at all. :ph34r:

Looks like it's true then. Every time we sack a manager we go into a four to six week limbo looking for the next one. At least it seems we are actively scoping out the options now.

werent there strong rumours about some Russian guy recently? Maybe something in that after all?

19 minutes ago, Cosby Blunkett said:

If Chansiri has decided that Carlos shouldn't be in the job any longer, then he just needs to get rid and go through the appointment process from there. 

If it's true that he's keeping him in a job, just while he finds a "sexy" replacement, then it just goes to prove that Sheffield Wednesday has become one man's vanity project.

Yes because it is absolutely terrible business sense to have a replacement lined up before you sack the current incumbent.

Can you imagine the outrage if he sacked him and the search for the new one then dragged on for a while?

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Cosby Blunkett said:

You do know how real life works right?

Owlstalk Shop

4 minutes ago, sonofbert2 said:

Yes because it is absolutely terrible business sense to have a replacement lined up before you sack the current incumbent.

Can you imagine the outrage if he sacked him and the search for the new one then dragged on for a while?

That's as maybe. But I'm not sure if persisting with a man who many have decided should be out of a job, would be the lesser of the evils.

My main concern would be the prerequisite of searching for a big name, rather than someone who can just do the bleeding job.

21 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

You do know how real life works right?

Barely.

But I always thought it was the norm in football, to relieve a Manager of his duties and appoint a caretaker while a permanent appointment is sought. Not spending months leaving Patrick Viera and Brendan Rodgers voicemails, while your multimillion pound investment continues to slip further into trouble, under a man you have decided is no longer fit for the role?

Might be wrong though.

7 minutes ago, Cosby Blunkett said:

Barely.

But I always thought it was the norm in football, to relieve a Manager of his duties and appoint a caretaker while a permanent appointment is sought. Not spending months leaving Patrick Viera and Brendan Rodgers voicemails, while your multimillion pound investment continues to slip further into trouble, under a man you have decided is no longer fit for the role?

Might be wrong though.

Mandaric allegedly contacted Dave Jones before dismissing megson.

4 minutes ago, Quist said:

Mandaric allegedly contacted Dave Jones before dismissing megson.

I realise this is how these things often work. 

My point is that the alleged desire for a "sexy" appointment may make the whole thing drag on a lot longer than is needed, to the detriment of our season, as well as the morale of fans and players.

Fiddling while Rome burns and all that.