Nixon tweet

12 minutes ago, sage owl said:

I honestly think if Carlos is still in charge when it comes to season ticket renewal time we could lose 4 or 5 thousand people.

Absolutely. I think it would go down to 16k given the high prices and the turgid football on offer. Surely, Chansiri can not afford for this to happen given constraints against FFP etc.

The change needs to be made now as the new man will have time to assess the squad and he can do some wheeling and dealing in January. We need 2 transfer windows to sort this mess out.

1 minute ago, ChinaOwl said:

I certainly believe that it is time to bring in a new manager/head coach but I think the projections about loss of season ticket revenue put forward by some posters on this site are way wide of the market. It is easy to say things like this on an internet forum but I cannot see it happening in reality.

Not scientific way of doing things I'm just going on the reaction of the the season ticket holders I sit amongst. Many of them are talking about not renewing including 3 of the 5 who I go with.

You have to bear in mind how expensive it is for ordinary working people, which becomes more of a problem when the entertainment value is virtually zero.

1 minute ago, sage owl said:

Not scientific way of doing things I'm just going on the reaction of the the season ticket holders I sit amongst. Many of them are talking about not renewing including 3 of the 5 who I go with.

You have to bear in mind how expensive it is for ordinary working people, which becomes more of a problem when the entertainment value is virtually zero.

OK, I obviously can't prove it either but I don't think when push comes to shove it will stop people renewing their season ticket. Most season ticket holders are more or less habitual in what they do. It is like "when beer reaches a quid a pint, that's me done".

3 hours ago, Gateford_Owl said:

I can tell you who Chansiri wants, I got this pretty much from the horses mouth...

Claudio Ranieri - Currently managing at Nantes in France.

Miracles at Leicester, under foreign ownership, Big name. Stock depreciated slightly and not managing a huge superclub at the minute so Chansiri feels he can get him.

That is 100% who he wants. And as Nixon has alluded too - his sights are probably set too high.

Ranieri? lol he wouldn’t come here in a million years 

1 minute ago, ChinaOwl said:

OK, I obviously can't prove it either but I don't think when push comes to shove it will stop people renewing their season ticket. Most season ticket holders are more or less habitual in what they do. It is like "when beer reaches a quid a pint, that's me done".

There is some reasoning to that but I’m definitely of the opinion that season tickets will reduce to around 16k if a change is not made soon.

This is not an anti Carlos post either, I actually like the guy but it absolutely evident that he has taken us as far as he can.

The football on offer is dire, negative and predictable. Season ticket prices are extortionate given the brand of football on offer. Something has to give here.

11 minutes ago, ChinaOwl said:

I certainly believe that it is time to bring in a new manager/head coach but I think the projections about loss of season ticket revenue put forward by some posters on this site are way wide of the mark. It is easy to say things like this on an internet forum but I cannot see it happening in reality.

I wont be renewing and neither will my son if CC is still here. In my case after 50 years of having one. Much will depend on who replaces CC, as to whether I get one under a new manager. 

Its the unwillingness to change, on or off the field, that has driven me to this. 

How can DC sit and watch everything unravel and do f**k all.

I'm not going to matches at the moment, unbelievably because I DON'T WANT TO GO.

Ranieri is a gentleman but i could not see him in Championship. Pearson had assembled a good squad and Ranieri with hardly a tweek gave them confidence to play.The players he brought into Leicester at great expense have hardly blossomed. You have to know players who would do well at Championship level I could not see him  and do not think he would want to take charge of Championship team. In some ways Championship is more difficult tomange in than Premiership you have to convince players to play at this level and for someone who is not familiar with it have to understand its demands.

I have no idea who is on the target list but have heard wheels are in motion and it would be a while to get right man. I took this to mean he was in work and they were either waiting for a break in contract, the midseason break they have in continent, or for the persons club to be knocked out of a competition. I suspect if we are toget new person it will be early in new year.

1 hour ago, paulyates said:

You only have to see how many people actually turned up on Friday night (ignore the official attendance) to suspect that a lot will walk away. The football doesnt match the promise that was made by Chansiri and promtion looks a distant dream, why would you pay another £600 to watch a Carlos team try not to lose every week.

To be fair, Friday night before Christmas weekend and game on sky .....you would expect attendances to be lower.

4 minutes ago, The only way is S6 said:

Maybe DC knows the Thai owners of Leicester. Discussed Ranieri in private. I bet Nantes didn't think they could attract him either. Why would they? Haven't won a domestic honour since 2001. A far more obscure and mediocre team & set-up to ours.

lol

Established Ligue 1 side with some of the best training facilities in Europe < two-time Championship play-off losers that train next to a couple of glorified portacabins. 

I want what you've been smoking 

Edited by StudentOwl
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

lol

Established Ligue 1 side with some of the best training facilities in Europe < two-time Championship play-off finalists that train next to a couple of glorified portacabins. 

I want what you've been smoking 

Ligue 1? A one horse race now with PSG & years ago with Lyon. About as competitive as the Mexbro league when Dearne FC won it for donkeys years. Doing well to be established in that.  And compare the potential? No comparison. 

26 minutes ago, The only way is S6 said:

Ligue 1? A one horse race now with PSG & years ago with Lyon. About as competitive as the Mexbro league when Dearne FC won it for donkeys years. Doing well to be established in that.  And compare the potential? No comparison. 

Hmmm - potentially we are a mid table premier league club, so admittedly richer than equivalent clubs elsewhere. However Nantes are more likely to be in Europe than us any time soon and are in the top flight (something we have not been in for 18 years).

Edited by Ever the pessimist

25 minutes ago, The only way is S6 said:

deluded doesn't even begin to describe it.