Nixon tweet

48 minutes ago, Plonk said:

Looks like it's true then. Every time we sack a manager we go into a four to six week limbo looking for the next one. At least it seems we are actively scoping out the options now.

werent there strong rumours about some Russian guy recently? Maybe something in that after all?

Paulo Fonseca, the Portuguese manager of Shaktar Donetsk, on the books of Doyen? There were rumours there was interest a while after the derby. Can see Chansiri going for someone foreign again but Fonseca would now be unrealistic, after they made the last 16 of the Champions League. Can see him getting a Premier League job. Personally I would like us to go for Dean Smith or Slavisa Jokanovic but my feeling is that Chansiri's lining up another foreign coach but maybe a more fashionable up and coming one?

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

People think Nixon has to get his info from the club to be valid/credible

They forget that to find out that Wednesday are looking for a new manager it doesn't have to come from Chansiri but from manager agents and sports recruiters and a whole plethora of sources.

All those who think Nixon is not right on this one need only to wait a bit longer to find out

Even if Nixon is fully informed and on the ball with this, it's not exactly the exclusive of the year to claim "time is up" for Carlos. People on here have been saying it for months. No self respecting journalist would try to big themselves up on predicting Carlos is about to get the bullet.

"Wait a bit longer": well unless he quickly turns it round and goes on a Wenger/Ferguson type career path its obvious that he'll be gone if we wait a bit longer. You need to define "a bit longer". Is it a week? Month? End of season? Will we see a repeat of the Dooley episode? 

32 minutes ago, Cosby Blunkett said:

Barely.

But I always thought it was the norm in football, to relieve a Manager of his duties and appoint a caretaker while a permanent appointment is sought. Not spending months leaving Patrick Viera and Brendan Rodgers voicemails, while your multimillion pound investment continues to slip further into trouble, under a man you have decided is no longer fit for the role?

Might be wrong though.

It’s the norm to do that when you don’t have a plan. It’s the norm to scout out a replacement when you do. I think you’re also making the mistake of thinking that someone starting a thread on Owlstalk about Brendan Rogers has anything to do with reality.

6 minutes ago, Tamworthowl said:

Even if Nixon is fully informed and on the ball with this, it's not exactly the exclusive of the year to claim "time is up" for Carlos. People on here have been saying it for months. No self respecting journalist would try to big themselves up on predicting Carlos is about to get the bullet.

"Wait a bit longer": well unless he quickly turns it round and goes on a Wenger/Ferguson type career path its obvious that he'll be gone if we wait a bit longer. You need to define "a bit longer". Is it a week? Month? End of season? Will we see a repeat of the Dooley episode? 

My reading of the Nixon rumours was that it could happen before the transfer window reopens and that's basically what a lot of people had been saying might happen on here for months.

18 hours ago, tarn owl said:

18 hours ago, tarn owl said:

Sack him now and put Bullen In charge until new man arrives. plenty of options out there. If job is available maybe some people will start showing more of an interest and then we can actively approach managers.

Isn't Bullen part of the management 'team' that has created the current predicament ?

I know Nixon has linked Lambert with the job and going on this quite today taken from BBC Sport I think he'd take it...

"As for his own future, having turned down two offers to return to management at club level, and having also been linked with the Scotland vacancy following Gordon Strachan's exit, the 48-year-old Glaswegian is weighing up his next job opportunity carefully.

Having actually not been that surprised by his removal at Molineux in late May, the former Livingston, Wycombe Wanderers, Colchester United, Norwich City, Aston Villa and Blackburn Rovers boss has certainly not been put off by his Wolves experience.

"I knew things were obviously going on," he said. "I was not that surprised. There were major changes.

"But I still love the pressure of being a manager. I love the adrenalin rush you get when you wake up on a Saturday morning."

9 minutes ago, Truth is out there said:

Are we saying keeping a manager who knows he will be sacked is better than giving a coach one game while we hire another guy? Of course the new guy would get rid of bullen and bring his own guys in when hired. Can't see why this is such a negative thing to do.

5 minutes ago, TrickyTrev said:

I know Nixon has linked Lambert with the job and going on this quite today taken from BBC Sport I think he'd take it...

"As for his own future, having turned down two offers to return to management at club level, and having also been linked with the Scotland vacancy following Gordon Strachan's exit, the 48-year-old Glaswegian is weighing up his next job opportunity carefully.

Having actually not been that surprised by his removal at Molineux in late May, the former Livingston, Wycombe Wanderers, Colchester United, Norwich City, Aston Villa and Blackburn Rovers boss has certainly not been put off by his Wolves experience.

"I knew things were obviously going on," he said. "I was not that surprised. There were major changes.

"But I still love the pressure of being a manager. I love the adrenalin rush you get when you wake up on a Saturday morning."

said all along I'd take Lambert but Nixon is adamant DC wants a big, sexy name, which is why I'm not sure it'll be him

I would be happy with PL on an 18 month contract to see if he can get us going again using his contacts & experience at this level

1 minute ago, gypsyowl said:

said all along I'd take Lambert but Nixon is adamant DC wants a big, sexy name, which is why I'm not sure it'll be him

I would be happy with PL on an 18 month contract to see if he can get us going again using his contacts & experience at this level

He only signed 2 players while at Wolves and they looked a completely different side when he bought them to Hillsborough after we outplayed them in his first game in charge.

He also knows how to get sides out of this division and I think he'd look at us, see a chairman who has been (overly) loyal to his manager, has backed him financially and he'd be inheriting a side with a wealth of attacking talent.

I think he'd jump at the chance to manage us and I'd be more than happy with him coming here.

We are all presuming CC will be sacked. Maybe he's had enough and mr c has asked to hang fire while his successor is identified. Some very impressive foreign names being bandied about on here not sure if they are realistic though? Or am. Having a woosh moment!!

Guest The Horse
4 hours ago, vulva said:

The last worldwide search for a manager unearthed Mark Cooper, Carlos and Glenn Roeder. Completely left field. 

Anything could happen. We could end up with Barry Gibb, Wellard from Eastenders and Fred Dibnah. 

Is there anything in the rules of the game that actually states that German Shepherds are not allowed to play in midfield?

They're quick, intelligent, fierce and will run all day.

Just the sort of midfield enforcer we've been crying out for.

4 minutes ago, Geosword said:

Is there anything in the rules of the game that actually states that German Shepherds are not allowed to play in midfield?

They're quick, intelligent, fierce and will run all day.

Just the sort of midfield enforcer we've been crying out for.

We’d get a neutered one..... lol

14 minutes ago, TrickyTrev said:

He only signed 2 players while at Wolves and they looked a completely different side when he bought them to Hillsborough after we outplayed them in his first game in charge.

He also knows how to get sides out of this division and I think he'd look at us, see a chairman who has been (overly) loyal to his manager, has backed him financially and he'd be inheriting a side with a wealth of attacking talent.

I think he'd jump at the chance to manage us and I'd be more than happy with him coming here.

I completely agree mate, steadied the ship at Blackburn too when they were in trouble too, next season they went down after he left.

Just not sure if it'll be a big enough name for Chansiri, I would welcome him here with open arms! especially with how things are at the minute, I'm pretty desperate as a fan.