Nixon tweet

17 minutes ago, thebrap11 said:

There was 3 very good managers available only a few weeks ago. All got pulled to pieces on here. All I believe would have come to wednesday. All now doing very well in the Prem. Not good enough for us though apparently, Pardew, Moyes or Allardyce.

In reality, none of those would drop down while ever they can command premier league jobs (as has happened)! 

Edited by AwokenGiant

Guest The Horse
2 hours ago, Great Big Galaa said:

If and it's a big if, Carlos goes in the next month or so, I wouldn't be at all surprised to see us go down the decorated ex-player route as at some stage you would feel Mr Chansiri would want to raise Wednesday's profile in Asia. An ex Man United, Chelsea or Arsenal player may do this? :rolleyes:

This is exactly what will happen.

I'd want Mick McCarthy.

What we'll actually get is Ryan Giggs. Or similar.

Ryan Giggs is a complete love length. Can't stand the bloke. If he was that serious about management, he'd have taken a job in the lower leagues to learn his trade. Just think the bloke is destined to be a failure in management, and he's got a face like a mile of bad road. 

3 hours ago, daleblue said:

Has any one verified this, I would but not a member of the Nixon club.

Yeah, he's been saying it since the weekend. According to Nixon, Carlos will be gone as soon as Chansiri has found a replacement.

He also said:

"Lambert and Karanka have backing among some who matter. But owner wants bigger and sexier."

From Nixon's other comments, he's hinting that the chairman may be aiming too high at the moment, identifying unrealistic targets. If that's the case, we may not see any change for a while yet.

Find Nixons tweet history interesting. I know someone who has close connections with club and he told me 3 weeks ago that it had already been decided CC was out.Search was under way and nowhad clear ideas on who they wanted. I did not post this as it would cause a real stir and didnot want hassle. Now Nixon has said exact same thing think it is probably true. By the way I was told it was a person with proven reputation he was after no other details although it sounded as though target was currently employed.

2 minutes ago, Quist said:

Find Nixons tweet history interesting. I know someone who has close connections with club and he told me 3 weeks ago that it had already been decided CC was out.Search was under way and nowhad clear ideas on who they wanted. I did not post this as it would cause a real stir and didnot want hassle. Now Nixon has said exact same thing think it is probably true. By the way I was told it was a person with proven reputation he was after no other details although it sounded as though target was currently employed.

If that’s the route Chansiri is taking (proven reputation) then I’m highly delighted.

You've got to believe that Chansiri - surely - is looking to make a change. 

We are a million miles off the remit of promotion and even a man "with no knowledge of football" (A fav of the OT cabal) can see that. 

15 minutes ago, Quist said:

Hi Neil 

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, SiJ said:

You've got to believe that Chansiri - surely - is looking to make a change. 

We are a million miles off the remit of promotion and even a man "with no knowledge of football" (A fav of the OT cabal) can see that. 

I just wish he'd get it done asap, we need to start looking to the future and it would really lift the mood if Carlos went. 

Let’s entertain the idea for a moment and let’s assume proven track record means a promotion from this league. 

These managers are in work but have a promotion from this league on their CV:

Holloway

McCarthy

Hughton

Bruce

Pearson 

Wagner

Warnock

Jokanovic

Just a selection I am sure there are more. We also have the following managers out of work with a promotion from this league on their CV:

Megson

Pulis

Karanka

Again probably more but memory fades me. Some on either list look unattainable whilst others look unacceptable (Warnock, probably fits both categories) so whose the best one then?

Jockanovic would seem the best fit but doubt we could lure him away. Think Pulis will wait for a PL job and can’t see DC wanting his or Megson style of football. 

We’ve done Pearson to death and it seems he won’t come because of living in the area. McCarthy is a no nonsense manager that has done well on a much lower budget than CC. Holloway is an interesting one bit very hot and cold with clubs. 

Not an easy task for sure. 

1 hour ago, thebrap11 said:

There was 3 very good managers available only a few weeks ago. All got pulled to pieces on here. All I believe would have come to wednesday. All now doing very well in the Prem. Not good enough for us though apparently, Pardew, Moyes or Allardyce.

Would you care to expand on your statement that Pardew is doing very well in the prem......on what measurement do you make that statement?

they've scored 1 goal in 4 games and managed to do what not many have this season in losing to Swansea!

Edited by Ian