Source of Carlos going after Wolves defeat

13 minutes ago, Great Big Galaa said:

He won’t be sacked so if your source is right it must be a mutual consent job so he can be home for Christmas?

Not sure 'getting home for Christmas' is a key factor in either sacking a manager, or a manager resigning. Can just imagine the conversation where Carlos urges DC to make a decision, so he can crack on and pick up his Turkey from a farm near Lisbon. 

This is professional football, not delivering diaries for the milkman. 

7 hours ago, OxonOwl said:

Was the initial source of this rumour Nixon?

And has he, or anyone else suggested any back up to this story or is it purely supposition or wishful thinking?

There seem to be many referring to it as fact. or FACT even.

You've got to be kidding Oxon. How dare you question the font of all knowledge that is a tweeting Nicko?! I can just imagine DC having a cig outside the director's entrance beckoning him over; Here, Nicko, got one for you, CC has to beat Wolves or he's on his bike. Hedging my bets cos he'll be in the stands too. Nudge nudge, wink wink.

DC is the only one who knows exactly what's what. Anybody else is guessing.

49 minutes ago, vulva said:

Not sure 'getting home for Christmas' is a key factor in either sacking a manager, or a manager resigning. Can just imagine the conversation where Carlos urges DC to make a decision, so he can crack on and pick up his Turkey from a farm near Lisbon. 

This is professional football, not delivering diaries for the milkman. 

I didn't literally mean the decision was probably based on him getting home for christmas. It's just the timing if he leaves after Friday's game which I dont personally think will happen. I think we're stuck with him until the end of the season :wacko:

5 minutes ago, Great Big Galaa said:

I didn't literally mean the decision was probably based on him getting home for christmas. It's just the timing if he leaves after Friday's game which I dont personally think will happen. I think we're stuck with him until the end of the season :wacko:

Fair enough. I don't think he will get sacked, and I don't think he will resign. 

This situation has 'mutual consent' written all over it. 

2 minutes ago, Finlux_Cup said:

Jesus wept!  really???  I'm absolutely stunned by that comment.

Tell you what, lets get him back then eh?

There have been spells in games where we've played some good stuff, it's not all been a 90 minute drudge, Villa away for one example, Derby away, there's another...

I'm absolutely stunned that you think he can turn it around!

6 hours ago, Finlux_Cup said:

One defeat in 8 games, the Villa away game, we’ve played well in a lot of games, FF, Lee and Hutch to return, this squad is a good one, we have quality players throughout, we were the form team for a large chunk of last season, we can do that again, we’re having a shi.tter, that’s all, ALL teams have them, we’ll get over it and it will be with CC at the helm.

Grow a backbone and dig in FFS!

Are you on drugs?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I think it will get to a point where the fanbase eventually turns.  In fact, had the fans made their anger a little more known at the matches I would suspect Carlos would be gone already.

As long as the fans sit there meekly and trudge out fifteen minutes before full time in silence then nothing will change.  

If you want Carlos gone, then stay behind at full time and shout for it.

10 hours ago, Cosby Blunkett said:

Stand by him when we lose at a woeful Birmingham, draw with a shocking Hull City and have 3 put passed us by a team who couldn't buy a win at home...

But insist on sacking him if we lose to the best team in the division?

Makes so little sense that it probably sounds about right.

Paying blokes obscene amounts of money to kick a ball around some grass 

its football - none of it makes sense 

10 hours ago, torryowl said:

i'd guess that if you keep saying he's in the  last chance salon then sooner or later your going to drop lucky ....

I suspect Carlos is still having breakfast in the last chance Saloon, no where near last orders. 

Well, this thread proves the one thing that every single poster on OT has in common with the others.

Nobody can predict the future.

No matter how long they argue, how many gang up or how serious it gets. No one really knows what's going to happen; against Wolves, in the 2nd half of the season or come next May.

:Chansiri:

Not even him.

2 hours ago, Finlux_Cup said:

Well he’s shown he can galvanise the team into a team leading the form table, and it’s only 7 or 8 months since he did that.

For the last time, we’re on a shi.tter, it’s blindly demanding change that’s got us into a whole heap of shi.te over the last couple of decades.  

6 wins from 21 games this season. 

probably 17 wins from remaining 25 games needed for a chance of play offs. 

Really think that is going to happen ? 

39 minutes ago, The only way is S6 said:

Well, this thread proves the one thing that every single poster on OT has in common with the others.

Nobody can predict the future.

No matter how long they argue, how many gang up or how serious it gets. No one really knows what's going to happen; against Wolves, in the 2nd half of the season or come next May.

:Chansiri:

Not even him.

It's impossible to predict the future but it is possible to consider the possibility of certain things happening. Probability theory is the basis of gambling and odds setting. If a club is top now there is a greater probability of them winning the league than there is of the bottom club doing so. Using the same principal it is possible to say there is a remote possibility of a club 21 points behind with 25 games still to play, winning the league,  it is very remote.

There's a better chance of a club 10 points outside the play off getting into the play offs but every game that goes by without 3 points reduces the probability. 

Our current form is 11 points from 10 games if I've added thing up right, unless we change that soon we are dead and buried. Realistically we need over 2 points a game for the rest of the season, does that seem likely? 

12 hours ago, Finlux_Cup said:

Well he’s shown he can galvanise the team into a team leading the form table, and it’s only 7 or 8 months since he did that.

For the last time, we’re on a shi.tter, it’s blindly demanding change that’s got us into a whole heap of shi.te over the last couple of decades.  

Take that attitude and we’ll never get anywhere.

We are in a different place on most levels from the club that struggled in the 2000s

We need a new manager and approach - it’s blindingly obvious.  Providing the process is done properly we should be able to attract someone in with a record of success, rather than a string of clubs and a one season shelf life 

How much more evidence do you need  to see that CC isn’t taking us anywhere? 

Edited by Earlsfieldowl

18 hours ago, Lincs Owl said:

Why do folk call him kick a ball when he's a coach?

Some of our 'fans' just use insults for the sake of it.    I won't call them 'supporters' as half of Owlstalkers never go to matches.   

well I go and have done all my life.

If calling him a complete thrower makes me not a supporter then so be it.