Source of Carlos going after Wolves defeat

The excuses for this one are already written, we have had less time to prepare than Wolves having to play at 5.15pm compared to their 3pm kick off.

I had to sit in the stands so I could influence the players.

They are top of the league and a very good team.

We have injuries to key areas and i don't have 2 players in every position as I only like to p[lay the same 13/14 players every game.

The fans did not cheers us every time we kick the ball into Wolves half (on the 3 occasions this happened)

The cold weather affect the players conditioning.

And so on and so one.

Not I picked the same 7 or 8 players who have basically been poo all season asked them to play out of positions, with no tactics or plan A, then when we change it, when we were 3-0 down we were unlucky not to win it and had the ref given Barry dive we would have won it, so it is all the refs fault and not mine see you all next week at Boro.

1 minute ago, Finlux_Cup said:

Misfits????

the same misfits that finished in the play-offs two seasons on the bounce from a standing start??

Pathetic name calling from the bullies again!

It wont be three seasons that's for sure with Carvalhal in charge. Its a pity this squad of misfits doesn't have a spine or backbone.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Lincs Owl said:

Why do folk call him kick a ball when he's a coach?

Some of our 'fans' just use insults for the sake of it.    I won't call them 'supporters' as half of Owlstalkers never go to matches.   

Couldn’t agree more. I want Carlos gone, but I still respect what he did achieve here early on and indeed him as a person.

For some it seems its necessary to insult him to somehow justify their opinion.

44 minutes ago, jonnyowl said:

Who's to say Wolves are going to beat us?

I think we'll pull one out of the bag!

Carlos will stay, then onto Middlesbrough and back to normal!

I'll be very surprised if he goes before the end of the season.

Be realistic, we don't stand a chance against Wolves. They'll have a field day with our defence and lightweight midfield, we're too slow and predictable to keep up with the pace in their team. Wolves should comfortably beat us. With their pace and our lack of pace, I wouldn't even fancy our chances much, if we were playing to our capabilities this season.

25 minutes ago, jonnyowl said:

And what have you seen this season to suggest that we are going to do that? Blind Optimism?

We need 18 wins from 26 for 78 points!

Play offs are gone, even if we change manager there's no chance of top 6. What a change of manager should give us, is a head start for next season; time to build, sort out our mess on and off the pitch, and push for next season.

Edited by Mr. Wednesday

24 minutes ago, daveyboy66 said:

What lost one in eight and are 8 points from the play offs in a league where anyone can beat anyone...by most clubs you mean you on football manager lol 

We are 10 points off the play offs. 7 points in the last 6 games and as far as I can see 11 points in the last 10 games. For a club wanting promotion we are in a run of form suggestive of a relegation battle. Carlos assures us we will be in the Premier league next year

9 minutes ago, Mr. Wednesday said:

Be realistic, we don't stand a chance against Wolves. They'll have a field day with our defence and lightweight midfield, we're too slow and predictable to keep up with the pace in their team. Wolves should comfortably beat us. With their pace and our lack of pace, I wouldn't even fancy our chances much, if we were playing to our capabilities this season.

Thats the spirit. 

When all seems lost, surrender. 

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Finlux_Cup said:

One defeat in 8 games, the Villa away game, we’ve played well in a lot of games, FF, Lee and Hutch to return, this squad is a good one, we have quality players throughout, we were the form team for a large chunk of last season, we can do that again, we’re having a shi.tter, that’s all, ALL teams have them, we’ll get over it and it will be with CC at the helm.

Grow a backbone and dig in FFS!

Oh man , I thought you’d turn a corner with a bit of realism , then this ! Honestly , I leave you alone for five minutes ! 

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, Mr. Wednesday said:

Difficult to do sarcasm on an internet forum!

I just think with Carlos' job apparently being on the line i think we will win and he gets a stay of execution!

Would it really surprise you after the crap we have played we pull this one out if the bag? It's the Wednesday way!

Realistically your right if we play how we have been they'll murder us!

Edited by jonnyowl

I think there has been a mood swing within the club in last few weeks. Radio Sheffield interviews have become much more challenging, Star journalists have started to come off the fence. I suspect Nixon has picked up the same vibe from journalistic sources. Local journalists do not rock the boat unless they are on very safe grounds. in adition CC performance in front of media has shown he is under real pressure a man who was certain of his job would not resort to such histrionics. Chansiri in his ask the chairman pieces has not dodged questions he has also made it clear who is responsible for what decisions so fans can see where the blame rests if we under perform. Therefore think cumulation of factors which make it likely.

For

33 minutes ago, Finlux_Cup said:

One defeat in 8 games, the Villa away game, we’ve played well in a lot of games, FF, Lee and Hutch to return, this squad is a good one, we have quality players throughout, we were the form team for a large chunk of last season, we can do that again, we’re having a shi.tter, that’s all, ALL teams have them, we’ll get over it and it will be with CC at the helm.

Grow a backbone and dig in FFS!

What games have you seen us play well in? 

We played better football when Irvine was in charge!

You need to get your head out of the sand and have a dose of realism!

Usually you would give a one game ultimatum because the team have shown signs of improvement and you are giving the manager one last benefit of the doubt. 

Our performances have been dire and we are one of the leagues most inconsistent sides. Therefore I see little truth (sadly) that the Wolves game is some sort of last chance saloon. 

I think we are stuck with Carlos unless we get sucked into a relegation battle. 

7 minutes ago, JUNNY said:

Its pure guesswork as always with journos, fact is Carlos will be manager until the end of the season so all we can do is show our support as always and hope it turns around 2nd half of the season.

Let's hope we don't get dragged into a relegation scrap because we're dropping like a stone and we don't have the fight or the players for a scrap. :ph34r:

Edited by Mr. Wednesday