Source of Carlos going after Wolves defeat

1 minute ago, OxonOwl said:

Was the initial source of this rumour Nixon?

And has he, or anyone else suggested any back up to this story or is it purely supposition or wishful thinking?

There seem to be many referring to it as fact. or FACT even.

i'd guess that if you keep saying he's in the  last chance salon then sooner or later your going to drop lucky ....

• Like 1

My Guess is it that this is people trying to jump ahead of a story and wishful thinking. The predictions will go very quiet in 2 weeks once Wolves have won 3-0 we've drawn 0-0 with Boro and Carlos is still here.

Q breaking news Carlos has gone and I look like a fool.

Stand by him when we lose at a woeful Birmingham, draw with a shocking Hull City and have 3 put passed us by a team who couldn't buy a win at home...

But insist on sacking him if we lose to the best team in the division?

Makes so little sense that it probably sounds about right.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

I doubt this rumour is true. DC doesn't go around shooting his mouth off.

The rumour exists because most clubs would sack their manager in these circumstances, we haven't yet, so in theory it should happen soon.

If it doesn't happen after a loss to Wolves Nixon is covered because if Carlos goes in the next couple of months Nixon can always say the Wolves match was the last straw and we've been looking for a replacement. If nothing happens until the end of the season everyone will have forgotten what Nixon said anyway. 

19 minutes ago, torryowl said:

i'd guess that if you keep saying he's in the  last chance salon then sooner or later your going to drop lucky ....

Reading Nixon's post I felt he was trying to make something happen and maybe trying to predict something as well.

1 hour ago, prowl said:

I doubt this rumour is true. DC doesn't go around shooting his mouth off.

The rumour exists because most clubs would sack their manager in these circumstances, we haven't yet, so in theory it should happen soon.

If it doesn't happen after a loss to Wolves Nixon is covered because if Carlos goes in the next couple of months Nixon can always say the Wolves match was the last straw and we've been looking for a replacement. If nothing happens until the end of the season everyone will have forgotten what Nixon said anyway. 

What lost one in eight and are 8 points from the play offs in a league where anyone can beat anyone...by most clubs you mean you on football manager lol 

5 minutes ago, Lincs Owl said:

Why do folk call him kick a ball when he's a coach?

Some of our 'fans' just use insults for the sake of it.    I won't call them 'supporters' as half of Owlstalkers never go to matches.   

Are you only a supporter if you go to a game? 

15 minutes ago, daveyboy66 said:

What lost one in eight and are 8 points from the play offs in a league where anyone can beat anyone...by most clubs you mean you on football manager lol 

One defeat in eight is very good especially in this league.

The problem is despite one defeat in eight we are further away from the playoffs now than we were before the eight games.

Six wins in twenty is the only stat that we should be concerned about!

17 minutes ago, daveyboy66 said:

Won 2 in 8 aswell!

1 minute ago, Finlux_Cup said:

OK, well if we hit last season’s Jan to May form, id fancy us for the play offs.

And what have you seen this season to suggest that we are going to do that? Blind Optimism?

We need 18 wins from 26 for 78 points!

6 minutes ago, Lincs Owl said:

Why do folk call him kick a ball when he's a coach?

Some of our 'fans' just use insults for the sake of it.    I won't call them 'supporters' as half of Owlstalkers never go to matches.   

Rhymes with carvahall, sort of I think