Pinpoint the game that did it for you..

6 minutes ago, hugeowl said:

About halfway through last season , I sat in the North bored out of my mind and decided then it would be my last full season .

Only game i have been to this season has been v Bristol  .....that went well lol

Took the dogs out on Saturday got back just before halftime , put the commentary on I Follow only for John Pearson to say ......Not a shot on target again and 1-0 down !

There's a lot of people sat around me who look the same way - only the last 30 mins of the game on Saturday resembled a game of football that you would pay money for. Too many minutes go by watching Wednesday when you just drift off, thinking about work, kids or shopping lists. This continental style, which he says is required to be successful will ultimately stop people watching football.

The Huddersfield home leg.  I'd been questioning him all season but wanted him to succeed and prove me wrong.  The Huddersfield game was there to be taken and he utterly wasted the chance.  Poor tactics, poor subs.

Follow that up with the steel city derby debacle and I'm convinced he isn't the right man for the job.  He should have gone with some grace at the end of last season.

2 hours ago, Bluesteel said:

The derby game.

We had started to pick up form this season to a point where we looked like we would be up there regardless of the Huddersfield joke. But the approach and aftermath to that game was something else.

This for me

Deepdale

First game of season.

6000 Wednesdayites.

Loads of promises of positivity and we go and play an untried selection with tactics so negative it was barely believable.

Playing not to lose.

DULL and has got DULLER

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Orlando_Trustful said:

Been asked quite a few times on here.

Reading at home last season on a Friday night.

Utterly piiss poor performance against a promotion rival. CC stood there clueless on the touch line for most of the game. 

One thing I will say in his defence is we can't complain about a lack of shots on target that day.

Edited by pazowl55

31 minutes ago, HOOTIE AND THE bobbar TU said:

Had my first doubts midway through last season

The play off games v Huddersfield confirmed those fears

Carlos won’t get us promoted

Which is sad because I like the guy

We all like him its just that he cant take the team that step further, and the club comes first, fresh manager would give us that impetus to progress

• Like 1

Guest Jack the Hat

The first match of last season when we beat Villa at home I couldn't understand why none of the players wanted to shoot. It was particularly odd because prior to that we were shooting - and scoring- from all over the park. When the goal finally came FF had no choice other than to shoot he had no one to pass too . 5 minutes before that he was through on goal but bizarrely tried to pass  backwards. Thought it was a one off but we have been overpassing ever since. That wasn't the game though it was Burton at home for me last season - but the Villa match sticks out and all my mates laughed at me because we won. I've been frustrated for 18 months now but I will not get personal about Carlos. I now feel sorry for him. He is out of his depth in many ways and should be allowed to leave with dignity. DC should do this. I hope it ends soon for everyone's sake.  That said, it's his birthday today. Your birthday and xmas day are 2 days of the year you shouldn't be expected to take cr4p off people. Happy Birthday Carlos

4 hours ago, wednesdayok said:

When you lost faith in Carlos, for me 1st leg v Huddersfield, played for the 0-0,typified the man

The Rangers friendly.

I saw then what we are seeing regularly. Inept performance, slow build up, little attacking prowess.

Should have gone in the summer. Wasting the season with him in charge.

4 hours ago, Mac_77 said:

Rotherham at home last December 

Have to agree with this. Kept saying we were playing poorly and getting the rub of the green and it wouldn't last. Could see the problems with performances and tactics back then. 

Most were/are happy to bury their heads in the sand as long as we scraped a win. Fair enough I suppose as it's a results business. 

Performance wise it's been mainly disappointing since then. Mixed in with some games that just made me pissed off. 

7 minutes ago, jonesy87shef said:

Have to agree with this. Kept saying we were playing poorly and getting the rub of the green and it wouldn't last. Could see the problems with performances and tactics back then. 

Most were/are happy to bury their heads in the sand as long as we scraped a win. Fair enough I suppose as it's a results business. 

Performance wise it's been mainly disappointing since then. Mixed in with some games that just made me pissed off. 

Just to add, whenever a player or Carlos was criticised on here 18 months ago you'd get some right crap back. Comments like you're not a proper fan, you're scapegoating players. Why criticise a player if we've won etc. We should always look to improve and point out positives and negatives. It's how we get better. The coaching/recruitment staff just seemed content as long as we were challenging in the playoffs. 

Seemed obvious to myself abd others this team under Carlos was only going one direction. 

• Like 1

Guest Bulgaria
3 hours ago, Big Ron's Sovereign said:

Yet another thread for folk to out sh!t each other :ghoulguy:

Is it the school holidays ?

It's a forum Ron where folks can give their opinions.

Preston away this season. I had lost faith in him after we gifted Huddersfield the play-offs but was against chopping and changing, especially if he was going to learn from his mistakes.

Then came one of the worst performances I've seen by a Wednesday side in years. They looked like 11 strangers and they'd been together 2 years! At that point I knew the season was over and I've wanted him to go ever since.

Like other people have said, it is completely beyond my understanding how he is still in a job.