Pinpoint the game that did it for you..

17 minutes ago, wednesdayok said:

When you lost faith in Carlos, for me 1st leg v Huddersfield, played for the 0-0,typified the man

You either don’t go to many games, only concentrate on the score or don’t really understand what your watching.

The game you mentioned was no different to countless others prior to this game.

The reason we are paying for it now is because previously we were getting away with murder!!!

there's no game for me as I have always backed him but the interview on radio Sheffield after the game on Saturday where he tried to justify himself wasn't good ....i'm not talking about the rant on decisions not going our way i'm more concerned that he's bending to fans pressure and altering to how he perceives the fans want us to play . when a manager panders to what the fans want  over his belief's then I think it's time to go . 

Since the beginning of last season 

poor performance against Leeds and consistently trying to shoot ourselves in the foot against Wigan and Bristol City

we go on about slow starts like they have only just started happening but in actual fact this was a problem for the whole of last season.  

Bored shitless for most of last season, we were poor despite league position. The game that did it for me was the second leg v Huddersfield.  We scored, they were there for the taking and then literally gave up gifting them the game.

Admit I was briefly optimistic with the promise of attacking football this season, but then pre season and Preston happened and I knew the season was over, even after just one game.

Hindsight is wonderful. You could argue (looking back) that the playoff final was the first clue to CC’s inability to adapt.

All season, the same thing had worked. But in that situation, when we needed to do something different, we couldn’t. 

Based on thia season though, losing to Bolton felt like the point where we’d slipped away from being a playoff team entirely and became an alsoran. 

15 minutes ago, Orlando_Trustful said:

Been asked quite a few times on here.

Reading at home last season on a Friday night.

Utterly piiss poor performance against a promotion rival. CC stood there clueless on the touch line for most of the game. 

Yep Reading at home for me too

I’ve always believed / hoped that we would pull it around this season. I’ve been supportive of Carlos and still won’t call for his head.

However, his ability to blame everyone but himself for our predicament galls me. The fact that he has now resorted to sly digs at the fans, was the last straw for me. Let’s recall some facts....

An abject, absolutely pathetic, performance in the play off final. The fans still gave the players a rousing reception though like they were heroes, and effectively said “Let’s go again, heads up lads”. 

Players said they would do it the following season “for the fans”. We got as far as a play off semi-final, then put in another negative, abject, pathetic performance. The fans responded by delivering record season ticket sales.

Carlos promised attacking football, eventually. But then resorted to negative sheeite again, with the players looking ever more despondent that they were not being allowed to play expansive football, and we started dropping points left, right, and centre. Still the fans remained supportive.

No consistent level of play, no excitement, little of the attacking play promised. Then another pathetic derby performance with Carlos claiming it was just another 3 points. What? Seriously?

But the fans have persevered, continued to watch dire crap, and by and large, remained supportive.

Yet still no acknowledgement of making mistakes when clearly there have been many, and still unable to tell us how we’ll get promoted, just that we will. Followed by more sly digs at referees, fans, opponents who don’t play fair, and change the tactics from when Carlos last viewed them etc. Beyond a joke now.

We have both an owner struggling to get to grips with leading a big football club, and a Head Coach who has run out of fresh ideas.

Not good. But the fans’ fault? You’re having a laugh.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, Kermit Flump said:

Hindsight is wonderful. You could argue (looking back) that the playoff final was the first clue to CC’s inability to adapt.

All season, the same thing had worked. But in that situation, when we needed to do something different, we couldn’t. 

Based on thia season though, losing to Bolton felt like the point where we’d slipped away from being a playoff team entirely and became an alsoran. 

The point of this thread is when you started feeling like we had the wrong man for the job, not looking back and pinpointing games when it went wrong? 

But fair enough yours the Bolton game

For me it was at home to Rotherham last season too. 

Even the home win against a very poor brum side worried me at the time coz between the 9th and 80th minute we made them look very good 

Alarm bells started ringing for me at Burton last August - tried to shoehorn players into the side, lack of fight or attacking intent. 

On a slightly related issue - anyone remember his 3rd game as boss - a woeful 1-1 draw at home to Reading with Sougou scoring an undeserved equaliser? This season has basically been a series of such performances. 

• Thanks 1

For me it was Birmingham away last year.  We were comfortable and at one nil we took our foot off the gas. And then to lose it 2-1 was just gutting.  A collapse of epic proportions,  something I would only expect to see from a England cricket team in Australia.