Pinpoint the game that did it for you..

Guest The Horse

After the home game against Leeds last year.

It was a real WTF moment and the day that I started to realise he may just not know what the hell he's doing.

We've been limping along with the same approach ever since.

Signs were there last season that things had gone stale maybe going back to the Rotherham game some people have mentioned where we won 1-0 with the late pen but thought CC deserved until end of season.

So for me he should have gone after the luke warm performances v Huddersfield in the play offs.

The game v Sheff United really sticks in my throat though you got a sense the whole club top to bottom including CC didn't really get that there was a lot more then 3 points riding on the game. Which is surprising considering CC must have been a coach for some derby games in Turkey.

1 hour ago, Mac_77 said:

Rotherham at home last December 

yep

been progressive disenchantment for me 

Hull match wembley  - 2nd half seemed stuck in headlights  first worry 

Rotherham home  - utterly depressing level of football all season at home against fodder

Huddersfield away play offs -  still cant believe it,  teetering on the fence if pushed would have got him out 

most of this season - no wins against bottom quarter of the league just not good enough, deluded rants against refs fans fixtures

'nice guy' but has to go I'm afraid 

Hull final was a warning sign. How some of the players of that level and experience froze was scary, Huddersfield play offs should have been the end. Left after his contract expired. Thank you very much. The sheff u debacle was when the turning point came. No longer do I want him anywhere near the club. The subsequent excuses and blaming everyone else for his failures means I have lost all respect for him. 

Edited by owlmanc

The play off final was really when I started to realise that he couldn't handle the pressure of been the manager of this great club but the Derby game last season is when I knew it was time for him to go 

Edited by offalyowl

The period over Christmas/New Year was lucky - Rotherham, Barnsley could easily have been draws, and Wolves at home, and Preston away could all have been loses. Only Newcastle game was impressive.

CC lives on the edge with fine margins and gives every team in the division the same respect, whether they were Newcastle or Rotherham.

Play offs last season and I was surprised he was here again this season but I wanted to get behind him again, then the Derby Did it for me. 

For me there is something in the comments about the fans although it should never be used as an excuse by Carlos. First season we reached the final on a wave of optimism wed had it rough for a long time and there was sudden belief we were going places. Every match was like a party the players drank their fill off our enthusiasm and went for it. Unfortunately their own belief and confidence let them and us down when it mattered. 

Then last season we all believed again even though we had a fair few poor games we carried them through with overwhelming support and belief. Again when it mattered they let us down. Yes the tactics for the semis where too cautious but the 11 men out there could have taken it upon their selves to do what was necessary.

This season the belief has gone the entire experience is down. The crowd struggles to get up for it as no one believes we stand a chance. Hence the clamour for change. Home games are flat and feel awkward not once has it felt like we were enthused. Yes you can blame the limp lifeless displays but we shouldn't need the team to lift us we should lift them. We need to get back to just enjoying the experience enjoy not being in a dog fight and be the supporters we know we are.

Last home game really stood out for me as a time for change. It took adte nuhiu to get us off our seats and the noise to start. Yes the players are responsible for entertainment. Yes Carlos should deliver attacking football and stop worrying about nullfying the opposition. But yes we should start being the crowd that lifts the team again.

So on that point the last game did it for me as without change I dont think the change will come.

Tin hat on

Edited by LoOn
  • Thanks 1

Birmingham away this year, after losing to the Pigs. 

We needed a reaction, and to prove that the Pigs game was a one off. It would have swept away the derby day defeat straight away. Birmingham were, and still are, a poor team. 

Lost, easily. Spoke volumes. 

Rotherham at home.

I’d had a few reservations beforehand but watching us labour to a 1 goal win against probably the worst side to play st this level in well over a decade, having to rely on the referee to help us out made my mind up.

I haven’t changed it since then, with the attacking talent we have I refuse to believe he can’t get anymore out of this group of players.

• Thanks 1

About halfway through last season , I sat in the North bored out of my mind and decided then it would be my last full season .

Only game i have been to this season has been v Bristol  .....that went well lol

Took the dogs out on Saturday got back just before halftime , put the commentary on I Follow only for John Pearson to say ......Not a shot on target again and 1-0 down !

Guest Hillsborough Mole
1 hour ago, Big Ron's Sovereign said:

Yet another thread for folk to out sh!t each other :ghoulguy:

Is it the school holidays ?

It's not compulsory to read it, or reply.

Preston away for me this year. First game of the season, a chance to make a real statement of intent for the season. 

Followed by the most turgid, shocking display you could ever wish to see.